Full & Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge 2013

faithVA

[USER=220734 said:
ms.tatiana[/USER];19224179]Ingredients:
Herbal extract
Peterolem Jelly [I thought that was a no no]
Peppermint Oil
Lanolin and Frangrance

Your daughter does have a beautiful smile.

Joli

Joli
Did you use it all over cause I did last night?
Hi there,
I only used it on my edges because it was my problem area at the time. I honestly forgot about it until you posted it. Please let me know how it works for you. I just don't like the smell.

destinyseeker

I'd like to join in even if it's late I've been working on both my edges and crown all year. Both were doing great but I'm currently nursing a setback in my crown from my last touch up in September. Both edges and crown will be on my priority list in 2014. :)

Middle is from 11/7
The left and right are from 9/7

Attachments

• image-4008953527.jpg
    image-4008953527.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 58
  • image-4009407453.jpg
    image-4009407453.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2534909785.jpg
    image-2534909785.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

mshoneyfly

@deatinyseeker
That looks like a big improvement in 2 months!! What have you been doing/using??

I LOVE this HHJ!!

faithVA

[USER=364169 said:
destinyseeker[/USER];19244755]I'd like to join in even if it's late I've been working on both my edges and crown all year. Both were doing great but I'm currently nursing a setback in my crown from my last touch up in September. Both edges and crown will be on my priority list in 2014. :)

Middle is from 11/7
The left and right are from 9/7

Welcome. It's never too late.

What are you doing for your crown?

Brwnbeauti

CafedeBelleza, nice progress. What are you doing and what products are you using?

Between the two pictures, I stopped relaxing, my edges just can't handle it. I rotate jbco, coconut oil and Sulfur 8, just whatever I can get my hands on. I wear my hair pulled back, but never tight, I kinda pull it back, the. Add my edges, if that makes sense.

ms.tatiana

I can definitely feel a tingle every time I use the Virgo Hair Fertilizer, I've been trying my best to use it every night & possibly twice some days that I don't work. I need to try & snap some before pictures so I can measure any growth I see.

ms.tatiana

Attachments

• image-1194716560.jpg
    image-1194716560.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1701830774.jpg
    image-1701830774.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

faithVA

I'm not hosting a new thread but I will just update here. Maybe I will have the title changed to include 2014.

My crown is doing much better. It is still less dense than the rest of my hair but my thin patch is getting smaller and smaller. This is also the first winter that my scalp has not had that burning sensation. When I wigged it for a week in a small area I could tell it was sensitive but it wasn't extreme like it usually is.

I am throwing all types of things at my scalp. I am using Silk Elements scalp treatment. I also found 4Naturals leave-in scalp treatments at the bss and bought there last 2 bottles. I have been using that morning and night and not skimping on application. I also purchased Nature's Blessings grease which has a lot of good herbs in it. I am using a fenugreek paste with a base of a nice herb blend tea on wash day. And I just bought Natural Oasis herbal scalp oil which I really like. I still have a little of my oil/eo blend which I will use up.

Now, I'm not doing my scalp massages as I should. I am doing inversion off and on.

I do think this year will be my best year yet where I can move into maintenance mode.

Shalay11

image-2457683125.jpg

image-1088045559.jpg

image-2996231036.jpg

I've only had my sew in for 9 days but I've worn it like this .. Deep conditioned and shampooed my hair Friday after having it in for a week .. Still aiming to leave it in for four months

destinyseeker

I'm giving my edges and crown a lot of love. Still applying sulfur mix to edges and crown, making sure that I keep my crown and edges moisturized (2X a day) and that I start my conditioner application in my crown area.

I must say that my edges and crown are thicker and healthier than they have ever been, although my crown is still not as long as the rest of my hair yet. My goal is not to slack off though because the slightest bit of neglect and I'll be right back where I started.

ms.tatiana

My edges are starting to fill in, a lot. I'm really excited. I don't know just what is it that helping I'm using a few different products like JBCO, Dr. Miracles & Paltas but not all at the same time but on different nights I used a different one I'm really good at using it every night too.

Last edited:

faithVA

My crown has noticeable improvements. I will take an updated picture a the end of March. I think by the end of 2014, I will be in maintenance mode.