Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I think I'm gonna have to wait to join this challenge. I bc'd months ago but I'm still finding random straight strands which I then have to snip off immediately cuz they stick out and look weird. :cry3:

STOP CUTTING YOUR HAIR!

In all seriousness though, those random straight bits may just be a part of your natural pattern. I kept cutting my bang because the ends seemed to permanantly be straight even though I haven't had a relaxer since 2006. Originally I thought it was heat damage, but then I went a whole year without using heat and the hair grew back into the exact same straightened pattern. I figure it must be part of my natural curl pattern and sure enough, it started curling up a bit more when I finally let it grow.

Honey Bee

STOP CUTTING YOUR HAIR!

In all seriousness though, those random straight bits may just be a part of your natural pattern. I kept cutting my bang because the ends seemed to permanantly be straight even though I haven't had a relaxer since 2006. Originally I thought it was heat damage, but then I went a whole year without using heat and the hair grew back into the exact same straightened pattern. I figure it must be part of my natural curl pattern and sure enough, it started curling up a bit more when I finally let it grow.
:lol:

I reached that conclusion earlier today. I closely examined some shed hair and the daggone thing was straight from root to tip. Wth?! You know how much hair I had to cut off?? :catfight: :lol:

caliscurls

@Honey Bee you got me crackin up over here! The back of my hair is like that too...it's drastically different from all the other curl patterns on my head. Hopefully that extra trim just put you on a path for some steady growth :)

Leo24Rule

Speaking of protein treatments earlier this week. When to do it - - before prepo, after prepo, before deep conditoner???

Lucia

Speaking of protein treatments earlier this week. When to do it - - before prepo, after prepo, before deep conditoner???

Before deep conditioner you can do it on dry hair then wash but that might make your hair too hard prob after the wash. HTH

Lucia

I'll be aiming for Diamond status! :yep:

Start Date: July 14, 2015

End Date: July 14, 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:
MBL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal:
CURRENTLY RELAXED. HAVENT DECIDED IF AND WHEN ILL GO NATURAL AGAIN

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):
Several relaxed heads on Twitter & Instagram. I've been at BSL but it was short lived.

Regimen:
I wash once every week and maybe cowash in between if I feel like it/depending on how my hair feels.
Hard protein 1X/month using Aphogee 2 step protein treatment.
Apply growth aid oils to scalp 2-3X/wk
Protective style after 5 weeks post in weaves
Baby my ends and hides scissors.

Extras to help get to goal faster:
Be very consistent with my vitamin/supplement regimen.

What you will do once you reach goal:
May decide to fully transition

@PureSilver

This is fine you don't have to post pics if you don't want to your word is gold here.

Lucia

So here it is my new
All Butta Regimen :)

Before I started this I clarified my hair and removed any silicones or gels thoroughly I used diluted clarifying shampoo 1 cap to 20oz of water my hair still hated it and I did get some tangles. Detangling time doubled to 20m ugh!!!

Deep condition weekly or bi weekly
Co wash 1/ week or 2/ month water wash or rinse inbetween if needed
I like daily rinses when warm out I don't co wash daily.

I condition and de tangle usually 10-15m max then rinse squeeze excess water out with my hands no towels no t shirts.

Mist with aloe Vera then
Camille Rose Naturals. CRN leave in hair milk, some my homemade ayurvedic all purpose oil on length and ends a little goes a long way, and then CRN moisture butter or if I will braid or twist twisting butter
Paste or pomade for edges. Air dry for 10m then I wrap my hair with an old soft tee shirt for 10m then let air dry again.

I'm looking into micro fiber towels still. Some products are marketed as micro fiber but there just regular terry cloth towels.

This routine works wether I'm doing a wash n go braid/twist out or ponytail whatever style. Best part I still get defined curls and no crunchy hard dry hair.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

I'm planning on doing a protein treatment with mayo. Do I do it on dirty nappy hair, make sure hair is detangled, or do it after washing hair before deep conditioner?

What are the proper steps? How do you do your protein treatments?

Lucia

I'm planning on doing a protein treatment with mayo. Do I do it on dirty nappy hair, make sure hair is detangled, or do it after washing hair before deep conditioner?

What are the proper steps? How do you do your protein treatments?

@Leo24Rule

There's a lot of good videos on water washing I viewed a couple before deciding on how I would add it to my regimen. But I've been doing WW for a while off and on.
A former member got incredible growth retention with daily water washing and co washing a little less.

Personally I do my protein DC on dirty dry hair then ill co wash and condition.
Sometimes after a wash and rinse out condition 2-5 m I use apogee 2 minute keratin if I feel my hair needs some strength. HTH

Lucia

Ok ladies were coming up on our first check in the 3 month mark is coming up soon for most of us I will be distributing smiley prizes for the 3 month milestone as well.
Check in Ladies!

~~~~~~~~~

The Official Grow it Long Challengers List

Bronze Challengers:
@Leo24Rule

Gold Challengers:

TraciChanel SD: 5/15 ED: 11/15
@Daughter SD: 6/19 ED: 12/19

Platinum Challengers:

Diamond Challengers:

Amarilles SD:5/15 ED: 5/16
@caliscurls SD: 11/14 DCIC ED: 11/15
Dee Raven SD:5/15 ED: 5/16
JoyBelle SD:5/15 ED: 5/16
joyandfaith SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16
lulu97 SD: 9/15 ED: 9/16
tsmith SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16
@*Michelle* SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16
@keranikki SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16

Diamond Plus Challengers:

ezina SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16?
Lucia SD: 11/14 DCIC ED: 5/16?
Mz.MoMo5235 SD: 9/14 DCIC ED: 9/16?
@B_Phlyy SD: 5/15 ED: ?

Last edited:

Lucia

My update
I'm doing pretty good above I posted the no gel regimen I'm now using.
I haven't trimmed at all and I'm going to see how long I can go without a trim seems like my hair is still hovering at WL stretched but it's thickening up a little more that usually means a growth spurt. I really haven't been wearing my hair out much just PS hard as much as possible sometimes ponytails and rarely a wash and go. I'm hoping to pass WL and get to grazing HL stretched by this fall I'm pushin hard for it.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

My update:
My hair has thickened up also. My length stretched is grazing either TL or HL. I can't tell because I've only stretched from the back. I've been wearing my hair in multiple braids that end up making a bun or a plan bun as a protective style. I never wear my hair down unless at home. Otherwise, I just do a high bun & add a hAlf wig..

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Update
Been in my mini braids since May. Have been washing/co washing at least 5 days a week. Moisturizing and sealing daily.
Plan on keeping this until end of September. I do re-do them as needed to avoid matting at the roots.
I may do a small trim when I get back from vacay in October. Haven't decided yet though.

Dee Raven

Here's my update:
I'm pretty sure that my hair is longer. I can't really get a good idea about how much it's grown because I realize I've stopped taking pictures. Maybe sometime in September or October I'll get around to it. Then I'll be more sure. And I'll use my one trim pass.

But I can say that my hair is super strong. Today I was playing with this pen that had an electric fan on the end of it and I accidentally got it stuck in my hair while the fan part was still turned on. Uh-oh. So my hair definitely won that battle and came out with a scratch. I didn't lose not one hair.

Lucia

Anyone who wants to re-up doesn't have to post new starting stats just do your update and tag me @ Lucia (no spaces) and tell us which goal your singing up for now. You will start from where you left off we don't start at zero again. ex 3 months then whatever more time you put to to challenge gets added on.
If you're done with the challenge congrats on reaching your no cutting goal, thanks for participating and drop by anytime and see us. :beach:

Last edited: