Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

caliscurls

Checking in and doing well. I put my hair in loose twists this week and I really like them. This just may be my go to for the rest of the year. The ends look good so my moisture and protein routine seems to have balanced out. The key add has been castor oil in my LOC.

caliscurls

Did my monthly protein treatment with SheScentIt Okra Reconstructor this morning followed by a good moisture deep conditioner. The loose twists really help me keep down manipulation. Next week I'll take these down at the 2 week mark and reinstall the same day.

Last edited:

JoyBelle

Hey ladies: Checking in.... I haven't cut my hair find the challenge began. I may dust sometime soon. I planned to give myself a good trim in late April before starting the challenge and forgot. I'm refining my regimen and will post again once I figure it out.

Dee Raven

So this weekend I'm going to do my first trim. Or maybe next weekend. But whenever I do it, I'll take pictures because I'll be straightening. My hair keeps getting tangled at the bottom and I think it's a sign that it's time.

I'm really curious to see how long it has gotten.

Leo24Rule

I've been neglecting my hair due to being bedridden caused by leg pain, therefore, off from work. I TOTALLY forgot that this week marked the end of my 3 month challenge.
I've abandoned my hair regimen and just been co-washing every 3 days for moisture, applying leave-in conditioner, and wet bunning.
I do have a lot going on with currently in the process of moving and awaiting surgery for fibroid removal, however, I DO want to continue the challenge so count me in until the end of the year!

When I get energy and feel better enough to do my hair properly I will post stats.

Last edited:

Lucia

Inspiration Above and Beyond hair goals
Alyssa Redenti

Lucia

I've been neglecting my hair due to being bed written caused by leg pain, therefore, off from work. I TOTALLY forgot that this week marked the end of my 3 month challenge.
I've abandoned my hair regimen and just been co-washing every 3 days for moisture, applying leave-in conditioner, and wet bunning.
I do have a lot going on with currently in the process of moving and awaiting surgery for fibroid removal, however, I DO want to continue the challenge so count me in until the end of the year!

When I get energy and feel better enough to do my hair properly I will post stats.

@Leo24Rule

Hope all goes well and you get better soon.
Check first page 2nd post you're on th list.
HHG

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My hair has been in a protective style since the 7th. It's Marley twists that I put in myself so they aren't too tight. Still been shampooing once a week and moisturizing with my braid spray daily. I add scalp oil 2-3x per week. I'm taking them out tomorrow and will put some crochet braids in for 2 weeks while I'm on my vacation.

Leo24Rule

Checking in...
I'm doing less with my hair as I'm only co-washing every 2-3 days & adding little to none extra products other than conditioner. With that I've noticed less shedding.
Besides starting a YouTube channel of my own I'm also contemplating getting a weave for the first time (vixen sew-in) for during my recovery time post surgery. Thinking take it down in a month, see if progress & if so re-install.

Leo24Rule

Funny how at the very beginning of starting this challenge I was itching to get the scissors & cut. I would say from the 2nd month now going on my 4th month I don't even think about reaching for the scissors. I don't even know where my hair scissors are lol

Question: I do notice SSK here & there, but does the S&D method count as cutting? It's not important just curious, although, I'll be fine & not feel the need to cut my hair.

Lucia

Funny how at the very beginning of starting this challenge I was itching to get the scissors & cut. I would say from the 2nd month now going on my 4th month I don't even think about reaching for the scissors. I don't even know where my hair scissors are lol

Question: I do notice SSK here & there, but does the S&D method count as cutting? It's not important just curious, although, I'll be fine & not feel the need to cut my hair.

See it's working I haven't reached for scissors either I might trim soon especially if I straighten cause I see some ssk
You have a pass you didn't use from your 3 m and you can cut trim or s and d with that
Because you didn't trim before re-upping on this challenge.
If your signing up for 9 months (for you another 6 months cause you've already put 3 months in) or 12 months you get 2 passes

Last edited:
:sunshine:Hello, all!

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime)

Gold (i.e. 6 months have 1 trim or fewer)

Start Date:
October 24, 2015

End Date:
May 24, 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:
For the majority of the hair on my head to be CHIN-length unstretched. (Is that possible, I wonder? Here's where I'm starting:

Ultimate Hair Length Goal:
For my hair, when loosely flat-ironed, to be HIP-length

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):

Pashtash and Bright 'N Boldly are my inspirations.
Pashtash seemed to have enjoyed every stage of her natural, healthy hair journey.
I adore Bright 'N Boldly's spirit and energy.

Regimen:
  1. Alternate between 8 weeks in crochet braids and 2 weeks out (Anthony Dicky method wash 'n go's, twist-outs, etc.)
  2. During the 8 weeks in crochet braids: Pineapple hair at night; keep my own hair clean and strong and moisturized
  3. During the 2 weeks my hair is out: Protein treatment; deep condition; mainly wash 'n go's
Extras to help get to goal faster:
I'm still thinking this through. :)

What you will do once you reach goal:
Attempt to wear my natural hair in a pony tail!

traceedeebee

@Lucia I would like to join.

State your challenge goal:
Diamond

Start Date: 10/13/2015

End Date: 10/31/2016

Hair length goal for this challenge: My current length is grazing APL when stretched. My goal for this challenge is BSL with most of the upper layers reaching APL.

Ultimate hair length goal: My ultimate goal is either MBL or waist length. Once I reach MBL, I'll reassess. I'm hoping that's not too much to handle. I've been doing my own hair so I don't trust anyone else to help me grow it to my waist.

What or who inspired you to go for this goal? Chicoro-her book saved me and gave practical advice on how to take care of my hair. I only have my Kindle copy but this just reminded me to get my print version back.
Naptural85-beautiful head of hair and also gives practical advice
KinkyKurlyQueen-I just love her mini twists.

Regimen:

• Protective style/low manipulation about 80% of the time (mini twists, buns, crochet braids)
  • Flat iron (maybe twice to check my ends)
  • Cleanse weekly
  • Deep condition weekly
  • Protein treat every two weeks
  • Moisturize and seal my ends with a butter
  • Use a moisturizing spray when I'm in crochet braids
  • Finger detangle. I'm too rough when I use a brush
Extras to help get to goal faster:
  • Take multivitamin daily
  • Continue exercising 5-6 times a week
  • Eat more protein(20%) and eat more fruits and vegetables
  • Cover hair at night and when I'm just lounging around (no excuses)
What you will do once you reach goal? Celebrate and figure out how to maintain