July 2016: Hits & Misses

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Miss tentatively:

The Terra Veda Organix line.

I really want the creators to enjoy all the success in the world. I so appreciate their attention to the need for a simpler Max Hydration Method. Brilliant! Their customer service can NOT be beat!

But these products interact strangely with my hair. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I have yet to try the Quinoa Deep Conditioner. I hope it's good.

MilkChocolateOne

Did you use shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair? I use Demis and they work well on my hair. Yes they do tend to leave the hair feeling a tiny bit parched but the right conditioner restores the hair to normalcy.

I tend to add a quick warm oil rinse on top of my conditioner as I'm about to wash it out to soften my hair.
Yes I did. My hair isn't dry or brittle it just the last two inches feel processed. I might just cut them off.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
HIT:

Listen.To.Me. Ladies:

Those Naturelle Grow Marshmallow and Slippery Elm Deep Conditioners are the bomb.com. :drool: I have never had slip from a conditioner like I had with those yesterday. I used the protein one first (which in my opinion was slightly better) and followed it up with the protein free one.

While I loved them both, I think the protein one is going back on my re-purchase list:spinning:. I really wished they lasted longer than 6 months though. I will be pulling out the NG Mango and Coconut one this weekend just to see how well it performs in comparison.

@NaturallyATLPCH

Do you use any other these?

What have we been telling you? The only one I found meh was the coconut and mango one. Been debating on whether I should try it again, as I was relaxed when I first tried, but it wasnt very moisturizing. Her next sale I will take the chance. Otherwise, all her products are re-purchases. Her stuff is great for me in the winter.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
On the Fence (leaning towards miss):
Hair Therapy wrap - I bought two of the revamped style during CurlMart's sale. The gel packs were warm (not hot) after 2 minutes in the microwave. The intensity is similar to my electric Gold'n'Hot conditioning cap set to Low. However the heat lasts ~30 minutes; just enough for my low-porosity hair. Next time I'll heat the packs in boiling water. My issue is the assembled cap is too small. I had to put 16 Bantu knots in to get my hair to fit the cap.

Aggie

What have we been telling you? The only one I found meh was the coconut and mango one. Been debating on whether I should try it again, as I was relaxed when I first tried, but it wasnt very moisturizing. Her next sale I will take the chance. Otherwise, all her products are re-purchases. Her stuff is great for me in the winter.
Yes you have been telling me for a while. I'm just glad I bit the bullet and finally bought them:yep:. My hair is so happy with those conditioners:happydance:

Anaisin

Hit:

-Styling hair wet

-My fan. Not only does the sound help me sleep, air keeps me cool without having to turn on the central air, but it also helps speed up my drying time lol

If I'm washing/cowashing my hair I do it as soon as I get home at like 5 or 6. Usually my hair would still be wet in the morning. With this fan blowing my hair is fully dry before midnight

Continued hits:

Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo
CRN Almond Jai Twisting butter & Ajani balm

NaturallyATLPCH

HIT:

Listen.To.Me. Ladies:

Those Naturelle Grow Marshmallow and Slippery Elm Deep Conditioners are the bomb.com. :drool: I have never had slip from a conditioner like I had with those yesterday. I used the protein one first (which in my opinion was slightly better) and followed it up with the protein free one.

While I loved them both, I think the protein one is going back on my re-purchase list:spinning:. I really wished they lasted longer than 6 months though. I will be pulling out the NG Mango and Coconut one this weekend just to see how well it performs in comparison.

@NaturallyATLPCH

Do you use any other these?

I've used the Mango and Coconut Water one when she first came out years ago and it was good. I've tried others but I'd say my favorites are the Chamomile and Burdock Root, Herbal Blends, and Thick and Rich. I don't really use her DCs that much because of the shelf life and that I need some kind of protein in my DCs. When I get my stash down I'll be getting more Thick and Rich DC. I keep my hair protected too much for short shelf life lol...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I've used the Mango and Coconut Water one when she first came out years ago and it was good. I've tried others but I'd say my favorites are the Chamomile and Burdock Root, Herbal Blends, and Thick and Rich. I don't really use her DCs that much because of the shelf life and that I need some kind of protein in my DCs. When I get my stash down I'll be getting more Thick and Rich DC. I keep my hair protected too much for short shelf life lol...

Her shelf life is small and she has told me so, but I started putting her stuff in the fridge and its faring well. Likewise with protein in DC but I like hers because she is one of the few vendors I can use with good results that doesn't have protein. Sometimes I need that option.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Possible Hit:
Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Conditoner. I used it to co wash. I really just wanted to wet my hair but knew I couldn't just do that. The conditioner is very loose, but I won't say liquid-y. Different than the others. Normally, SM conditioners leave my hair hard and sad, but this one has pearl extract so I'm guessing that's the difference.

Shea Moisture Gel Soufflé whatever. Just on top of water..... Not bad. The first time I used with product beneath, epic fail. This time, just used on top of water and voila. Aloe is low on the list and that helped. I like it way better than CRN and KCCC. I want it to disappoint me, but it's really not :cry3:

Miss:
SM Peace Rose Oil Conditioner smell. It smells like roses but the smell is powerful it began to burn my eyes worse than spearmint. They really need to reevaluate their perfumist or whatever they are called.

Aggie

I totally understand @NaturallyATLPCH

I am making sure to use them up in a timely fashion. I really do like them a lot. Tomorrow I may look into using the Mango and Coconut one to see how much my hair likes it. I'm a little nervous about the coconut in it though.

Last edited:

Aggie

It should be coconut water.

The coconut does a number on my face and it's hard to keep it off my forehead when I'm applying it to my hair. I will try hard to keep it off my face as best I can. I break out into a rash straight across my forehead where the coconut product touches it. I don't know why. All my life I have never been allergic to....well anything. So strange.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
The coconut does a number on my face and it's hard to keep it off my forehead when I'm applying it to my hair. I will try hard to keep it off my face as best I can. I break out into a rash straight across my forehead where the coconut product touches it. I don't know why. All my life I have never been allergic to....well anything. So strange.

Ohh. I understand. Can you use Vaseline? Still sucks though.

Aggie

BIG HIT THIS MORNING:

Mama Mia that NG Mango and Coconut Deep Conditioner was the bomb.com on my hair this morning. I used Keracare Super Reconstructor on my hair this morning because my hair was feeling a little too soft and felt it needed a strengthening boost. This reconstructor leaves my hair feeling a little hard so I used the NG Mango and Coconut afterwards, not really hoping for anything special.

But as soon as that stuff touched my hard hair, :drool: it turned immediately soft and I could actually detangle it easily with my fingers plus it smells amazing, a nice blend of the mango and coconut in it.

I was just very careful about not letting it touch my face (gives me a rash). It is definitely a repurchase item along with the NG Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm Deep Conditioner.

These conditioners are perfect to use after a hardcore protein treatment for sure:yep:.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
1/2 Hit, 1/2 Miss:

DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel.

It was the 3rd item in the Ulta DevaCurl Decadence kit I purchased two weeks before my visit with highly-rated stylist Angela Hicks (who recommends/uses DevaCurl).

I revisited it today after reflecting on someone's comment about these DevaCurl products. They are NOT cheap. Hmm. Maybe I need to try to get some USE out of this kit! :laugh:

Hubby says today's wash-and-wear is the BEST I've yet to accomplish at home. (I'm cheesin'!) :wiggle: It's pretty!

Yet . . . it seemed to dry out the Oyin Hair Dew I'd put underneath it. I'll try another moisturizer beneath it sooner than later, if I can remember. :smile:

CodeRed

Hit: John Frieda Smooth Start Conditioner

Even though they discontinued this one the Flawlessly Straight one apparently has the same ingredients in the same order so I might get that in the future too... My hair, 3 days after, is still so soft and smooth. I really like this one. It detangled well in the shower after it sat while I was washing.

MsSanz92

Not sure if I can call it a hit, but I like it - Profectiv Mega Growth Anti-Breakage Strengthening Deep Conditioner: I used it yesterday with my steamer, and it left my hair pretty soft, but not as moisturized as I would like. I guess that's not a dealbreaker since it is supposed to be a protein deep conditioner. I was a bit disappointment because so many people said they got a lot of moisture from this product, but it's definitely a protein deep conditioner for me. It helped reduce the amount of breakage I saw while styling my hair significantly, but I definitely had to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. I have about two more uses left and will alternate it with one of my favorite moisturizing deep conditioners, Every Strand Shea and Coconut Oil Deep Moisture Masque. I will probably repurchase because it did give me the strength my hair needs without making it hard

Last edited: