I am utterly complexed...

webby

Think Slim
beverly said:
You can have super NAPPY HAIR, and it still can be be a 2b or 3a hair type. Since Andre's system is based on curl size ONLY, not on hair texture.
Lawd girl, now everyone, except for Mona and me, is going say, 2b or not 2b...that is still the question :lachen:

hopeful

beverly said:
I would like for this thread to stay open, so if we can keep it keep in friendly in here.. However if anyone is called out directly or indirectly this thread will be closed.

You can have super NAPPY HAIR, and it still can be be a 2b or 3a hair type. Since Andre's system is based on curl size ONLY, not on hair texture.

Thanks for saying this beverly, because a large portion of my crown is probably 3b but it is still just as nappy (and fits in quite well) with the rest of my hair, the coils are just bigger and looser and don't shrink much, but they aren't shiny and they are not hanging. I would be cautious, however, saying I'm 3b anything because anyone looking at my pics would be like this :lol: and then this:lachen: because overall it is obvious that I am 4a/b. Now I'm not so complexed, perplexed or duplexed.:look:

Allandra

beverly said:
I would like for this thread to stay open, so if we can keep it keep in friendly in here.. However if anyone is called out directly or indirectly this thread will be closed.

Beverly,

Thanks for pointing this out.

MonaLisa

MonaLisa said:
I soooooooo wanted to rate this five stars....I'm glad someone did....but I feared that the angry ratings bandit would be tempted to lower it...

It deserves five stars...this ish was one of the most entertaining in a minute...just the title deserves the rating --

leave the rating ALONE!!!

If just somebody posting their pics now can merit five stars...leave this one be...

continue with the thread...:look: sorry, Web...lol...

Web, I'm sorry, I shoulda kept my mouth shut...I knew the bandit would strike...I tried to bump it back up to five...but it wouldn't let me...:(

Maybe somebody who's not a 1 g/f like me :look: will bump it back up to its original rating...

I hope the thread doesn't get closed...it's just a case to me of ...if thou dost protest too much...

ummm...if you know in your heart and your follicles show that you are a 2c/3a/3b/3c....you don't have to protest too much...cause your hair speaks for itself..no words needed.

Now, there have been some instances where hair pics spoke otherwise...and the poster saw something else...and it was commented on...that's all.

:ohwell:

webby

Think Slim
MonaLisa said:
Web, I'm sorry, I shoulda kept my mouth shut...I knew the bandit would strike...I tried to bump it back up to five...but it wouldn't let me...:(
:lol: Mo, ya know I don't care about ratings. I don't even care about hair typing, just find it humous that a whole heap of women who require relaxers are "dazed and confused" as to the texture of their hair. :lachen:

MonaLisa

webby said:
:lol: Mo, ya know I don't care about ratings. I don't even care about hair typing, just find it humous that a whole heap of women who require relaxers are "dazed and confused" as to the texture of their hair. :lachen:

LOL:lol: ....okay girl...I hear you. A lot of us do.

*dig in the crates for that MJ stand by*
*turns the volume up on the speaker system*

"For you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though we're far apart
You're always in my heart
For you are not alone

Whisper three words and I'll come runnin'
And girl you know that I'll be there
I'll be there"

:look:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
honeisos said:
I'm to the point where .. i don't care .... As long as my hair is healthy and growing it is all good...

And like some of the girls said .. i really think ... unless you are natural or used to be at one point ... .. you really don't know your hair type..
I totally agree! :yep:

I also wanted to add... ALL HAIR IS GOOD HAIR! :grin:

Poohbear

webby said:
This is not aimed at anyone, but I can see confusing 3a with 3b, 4a with 4b, but how does one confuse straightish hair with kinky hair?

There are some members here who genuinely have 3a, possibly even 2b hair, but I see more people claiming anything BUT kinky hair and they can't tell me that they think their hair is not kinky. I'm not crazy and neither are they.
I have a question...

Wouldn't kinky 4b hair be on the 'straightish' side since it has no curl pattern...even though it's not as straight as type 1 hair???? :confused:

And I thought the confusion was between type 2 or 3 with type 4... is there a black lady here claiming to have type 1 hair? :lol:

webby

Think Slim
Poohbear said:
I have a question...

Wouldn't kinky 4b hair be on the 'straightish' side since it has no curl pattern...even though it's not as straight as type 1 hair???? :confused:

And I thought the confusion was between type 2 or 3 with type 4... is there a black lady here claiming to have type 1 hair? :lol:
Kinky hair has a whole LOTTA curl. There may not be a pattern, but there's a whole lotta curl, or z-formation, however one chooses to refer to it.

Either way, my point is not to condemn anyone, but the whole hair-typing system seems to have turned into yet another way for people to attempt to escape who they are.

I'll just mind my own business and worry about me: I'm black; I have coarse-kinky hair. Now pass me my dashiki and afro pic.

Last edited:

MonaLisa

webby said:
Kinky hair has a whole LOTTA curl. There may not be a pattern, but there's a whole lotta curl, or z-formation, however one chooses to refer to it.

Either way, my point is not to condemn anyone, but they whole hair-typing system seems to have turned into yet another way for people to attempt to escape who they are.

I'll just mind my own business and worry about me: I'm black; I have coarse-kinky hair. Now pass me my dashiki and afro pic.

Here you go Web...now go represent....

Poohbear

webby said:

Either way, my point is not to condemn anyone, but the whole hair-typing system seems to have turned into yet another way for people to attempt to escape who they are.

oh, i know kinky hair has a lotta curl... i was referring to kinky hair that does not have a curl pattern.

i know you weren't trying to condemn anyone. ;) i too wonder why some ladies want to claim a texture that doesn't grow out of their head. i'ma represent that nappy hair that grows out of my head right there with ya! :yay:

kristina

hopeful said:
Thanks for saying this beverly, because a large portion of my crown is probably 3b but it is still just as nappy (and fits in quite well) with the rest of my hair, the coils are just bigger and looser and don't shrink much, but they aren't shiny and they are not hanging. I would be cautious, however, saying I'm 3b anything because anyone looking at my pics would be like this :lol: and then this:lachen: because overall it is obvious that I am 4a/b. Now I'm not so complexed, perplexed or duplexed.:look:
You're just like me!

honeisos

sprungonhairboards said:
STOP HATIN :mad: Ya'll are just jealous because you got nappy hair! There ARE some of us that DO have GOOD hair ok?

Just because my hair LOOKS 4a when it's wet, dry, has no product, brushed, first thing in the morning, last thing at night and in some places has no curl definition that doesn't mean nothing. You don't know. You only see people's pictures. If you saw me in person you could EASILY tell that I have some 3a behind my left ear and 3b behind my right ear. Shoot might even be 2 something if I texturize it. And my kitchen is obviously 3a corkscrew curls, um yes bigger than a coffee stirrer OK? And I'm light skinded so um yes I'm probably mixed somewhere down the line so, WHATEVER!

Just do you Boos. OK? geesh.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL Girl your are nuts! :lol:

Ayeshia

Poohbear said:
oh, i know kinky hair has a lotta curl... i was referring to kinky hair that does not have a curl pattern.

i know you weren't trying to condemn anyone. ;) i too wonder why some ladies want to claim a texture that doesn't grow out of their head. i'ma represent that nappy hair that grows out of my head right there with ya! :yay:

Well when you say "kinky" hair...that means there is some type of pattern to it ...maynot be curly. If it had no pattern you would be able to whip the comb right through it, like type 1 hair.

hopeful

MonaLisa said:

Maybe somebody who's not a 1 g/f like me :look: will bump it back up to its original rating...

I hope the thread doesn't get closed...it's just a case to me of ...if thou dost protest too much...

ummm...if you know in your heart and your follicles show that you are a 2c/3a/3b/3c....you don't have to protest too much...cause your hair speaks for itself..no words needed.

Now, there have been some instances where hair pics spoke otherwise...and the poster saw something else...and it was commented on...that's all.

:ohwell:

I tried but I guess one little vote doesn't make that much difference.:(

MeccaMedinah

webby said:

I frequent a Natural hair site, and this is the reason they do not allow the hair type talk to go on.

caligirl

Ayeshia said:
Well when you say "kinky" hair...that means there is some type of pattern to it ...maynot be curly. If it had no pattern you would be able to whip the comb right through it, like type 1 hair.

Exactly. Kinky hair to me is any hair that you can not whip a comb thru.