MBL Challenge 2011

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hey ladies, not sure when to officially claim MBL but here's what I'm currently working with....excuse the large photo; too lazy to resize.:look:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
MakeMeOver, thank you thank you :grin: I'm not in the WL challenge. I will stay in the MBL challenge for a little longer because I plan to get a trim and that may take me slightly under MBL.

SingBrina

Cut my hair 2 1/2 inches, I made a video on Youtube, dont know how I was brave to do that, with my current length: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RQwRGqI9FM&feature=channel_video_title.... I am happy because I really didn't like the ends at all..... So now I am above bra strap and will update some pics this weekend. I bought some Nioxin pills today and really happy to start using them sometime next week.... I hope I can be bra strap again by December, but I know I wont make MBL.... but wishful thinking, maybe I will (yeah right), if these Nioxin pills really work....

Last edited:

ojemba

Hi ladies,
Well things are coming slowly but surely. I just removed extension braids that I taught I would keep in until next month. They were messy and I had a weeding to attend last Saturday. Anyways I relaxed and got a trim on 7/22. I'm in the HYH challenge so this is my last length update until Dec.
Moving forward I think I'll stick to bunning and wigs and relax every 10-12 weeks. The tangles really gave me a hard time after removing the braids.

SmileyNY

Hi ladies,
Well things are coming slowly but surely. I just removed extension braids that I taught I would keep in until next month. They were messy and I had a weeding to attend last Saturday. Anyways I relaxed and got a trim on 7/22. I'm in the HYH challenge so this is my last length update until Dec.
Moving forward I think I'll stick to bunning and wigs and relax every 10-12 weeks. The tangles really gave me a hard time after removing the braids.

Your hair is so thick & beautiful! You've gained decent length too. At this rate, you'll definitely meet your goal :yep: Congrats & good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

DesignerCurls

I'm still here! I didn't do any scalp massages this month to stimulate grow. I want to see what my regular growth rate is. I will check in a couple of days. After my dusting a couple of weeks ago I was about 1.5" away.

eocceas

It's been forever since I've updated but just wanted to share a quick update. Hair is flourishing quite nicely:spinning:. Hard to believe it was just 1yr and 5mo. since my BC. I prepoo, detangle, clarify, protein, dc and re-twist 1x a mo. and cowash+dc 1x in between while in twist. I will often spritz with vegetable glisterine and water mix. I mainly keep it in twist and k.i.s.s. I noticed when I leave my hair alone it grows. I'm confident I'll be full bsl by Sept:yay:

Attachments

• photos 045.JPG
    photos 045.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 39
  • photos 041.JPG
    photos 041.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 40
  • photos 044.JPG
    photos 044.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 42
  • photos 073.JPG
    photos 073.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

bklynbornNbred

Not officially joining just coming out of lurkdom since I have no pictures to share (I get too anal about it). After touch up this weekend I'm now at the upper level of BSL but per the usual by the time I'm ready to claim it I may very well hit MBL or be in the neighborhood by Dec, 31, 2011 @11:59pm EST.

The good news is I'm finally comfortable claiming APL - LOL!

bebezazueta

Hello ladies!

I had plan on stretching for 6 months til december however my new growth at 7 weeks post is so thick. So I'm holding out til 12 weeks and hopefully I'll be MBL! I'll be back to update next month.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Sooo...I was a bad girl, refused to trim and ended up having to CUT..its ok, though...im confident with my regimen and overrall health that I will make MBL at the end of the year..
Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

rockstar

Hi All! I rarely post in here, but I just came to check in because I'm finally MBL!!! I got my hair pressed today, and I made it. :grin:

MrsHouston

I finally made MBL!!!

I flatironed all of my hair this past weekend to do a length check. However, my ends are really thin due to some shedding issues. My plan is to stop the shedding first, then over the next 6 to 7 months focus on trying to get another 4 inches in order to cut about 4 inches off. :ohwell: So I probably won't be joining the WL challenge any time soon.

Attachments

• Mid-back length Hair pic LHCF.jpg
    Mid-back length Hair pic LHCF.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 153

bebezazueta

MrsHouston congrats to you too! I wouldn't cut just yet. Since it's shedding and not breaking give your hair time to catch up. I would do monthly dusting in the mean time but to me your hair looks great. So come on over to our whip length 2012 thread!

keepithealthy

I'm going to straighten my hair at the end of this month and then leave it alone till Dec. I hope I'm at BSL. I don't feel like I made much progress this summer :(