Megatek Challenge 2011-2012

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I put MSM and some amino acids in my last mix, and I'm back to that watching my hair grow feeling!

When I have to go back to new formula, I know exactly how I'm going to mix it up... JeterCrazed had all the right ideas.

Imsosceneic

So what's the word on the new formula?

I recently got some and have just started applying it. This is my first time using megatek so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I'll be watching this thread lol, good luck ladies.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
So what's the word on the new formula?

I recently got some and have just started applying it. This is my first time using megatek so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I'll be watching this thread lol, good luck ladies.

Watch to see if it's working for you. If it is, then don't worry about it. If its not, check for JeterCrazed's recipe....you can always add things to it to get that old school grow.

JeterCrazed

Im DCing with my MegaTek mix right now. I'm probably gonna hafta make more a lil sooner than I thought.

Sent from my Inspire HD using LHCF

lovestarr

I added some MN and cayenne pepper to my MT/JBCO mix since I joined the MN challenge. Massaged in my scalp tonight and will use every night (hopefully)

coconifah

A natural girl living in an unnatural world
I want to do a challenge using Megatek anyway you like until the Spring of 2012. I figure that's about 6 months away and should give the product ample time to work its magic! :grin:
SO WHO'S WITH ME???
Post how you plan to use the product, your goals, current length (pics are great) and your regimen.

HOW I PLAN TO USE IT: I mix it with water to dilute it and apply it to my scalp and massage it in for about 5 minutes. I plan on applying this to my scalp only every other day, alternating it with Beemine's sulfur serum.

REGIMEN: At night I am going to continue doing the Greenhouse Method.
I'm also going to do a monthly DC with the Megatek and continue doing weekly DC's with a moisturizing conditioner to balance out the protein in Megatek. Right now I am wearing my hair in 2-strand twists to protective style and I moisturize and seal nightly and wash and DC weekly.

CURRENT LENGTH & GOAL:I'll figure out how to post pics on here to track my progress. Right now I am CBL and want to be APL by the Spring. My hair is natural as well

If anyone has had any results using Megatek I'd love to hear about it!
Let's keep each other posted on our progress and any changes to our regimens to stay motivated. We have 'til April, Ladies! :yep:

CURRENT CHALLENGERS:
1. @JustGROWwithIt
2. @napbella
3. @dancinstallion
4. @mzteaze
5. @ezina
6. @justicefighter1913
7. @dreamer03
8. @Ronnieaj
9. @MrsJaiDiva
10. @IDareT'sHair
11. @Aquarius1
12. @NewHairWOWeave
13. @Seamonster
14. @A856
15. @cartelise
16. @Ijanei
17. @BlessedRN prof
18. @tajaun
19. @mellymel05
20. @SunKissedBrown
21. @irsgirl
22. @maneAttraxion
23. @SoopremeBeing
24. @NYDee
25. @dollface0023
26. @Queenmickie
27. @DiamondTeaira
28. @AlwaysNatural
29. ProfectivGirl
im in, i will be mixing my MT with JBCO appling it to my scalp 3 times a week,i will be bunning my hair up and maybe bantu knots, current legth is cb my goal is bsl

coconifah

A natural girl living in an unnatural world
i have no idea where my post just went but im gonna write it again lol(im a newbie) Im in! How I plan to use it: I will be mixing my MT with JBCO appling it to my scalp 2-3 times a week. Regimen: protective styles(bantu knot/braid/twist outs and buns)shampooing bi weekly co washing 1-2 times a week and deep conditioning montly . Current legth and goal: i am cbl goal bsl

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Gave myself a good trim this weekend, and I'm hoping my MT will grow the 1/2 inch I chopped back quickly. I tried to DC with heat, but nothing beats an overnight MT DC on dry hair for me...love the way my hair feels the next day!

lovestarr

Added 2 tbs of MT to my DC mix today. Also used my MT mix on my scalp last night. I am noticing my edges are getting thicker :grin:

MzSwift

You ladies have inspired me to go to my bathroom and mix up a batch. I don't have that extra protein on hand but I did add sulfur oil, AVG (for the mucosaccs), horsetail powder, nettle powder, peppermint/lavendar/orange essential oils and cayenne pepper powder to my MT mix. I feel the tingle!

I have nothing to lose! :lachen:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Gonna whip up a fresh batch of MT mix today! I'm trying some new ingredients...hope they keep the grow going! I'm definitely past CBL, even with the trim from last month. Got a lil happy with the scissors...:drunk:

lovestarr

Applied my MT mix tonight that has MN in it. By next week I'll have too make another batch. I have been applying this mixture every other night. I will post some progress pics end of this month. I am definitely noticing my edges thickening up :grin:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Checking in!! Been doing my weekly overnight DC's with my MT Mix, and I'm loving the growth. I'm thinking I may possibly make my challenge goal of APL by my birthday, at the end of August. I know I'll make full APL by the end of this year. :yep:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
How should I mix Megatek with Castor oil? Ounce wise.

That's really up to you, and how you want to use it. MT is something you could use straight, or cut in half with oil. If you have new formula MT, I really don't think you need to cut it with oil at all...new formula is pretty mild.

*disclaimer- my hair Loves protein and MT

AlwaysNatural

^ I have the older version. Never used it before but I've heard some people say they mix it with JCBO. So I was wondering. Or maybe i should use it then put the JCBO over it on my scalp?

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
^ I have the older version. Never used it before but I've heard some people say they mix it with JCBO. So I was wondering. Or maybe i should use it then put the JCBO over it on my scalp?

I always got better results using it as a conditioner, rather than leaving it on my scalp. I'd say mix it together, but let the majority be MT, not JBCO. If this is your first time using it, be prepared to do Black Tea rinses, till you get used to it. My hair loves it now, and I don't have any issues with shedding. BTR's definitely worked wonders tho.

lovestarr

ManiiSweetheart said:
Hows your mix going for you? Thinking about add some cayenne to mine

My mix is going pretty well. I still have a twa so I am using mainly on my edges and nape which has always been a little thinner than the rest of my hair. I am definitely noticing thickness in these areas and I know it's the mix. I will keep using this and def evaluate my results when I grow out this twa hopefully be in a couple months

lovestarr

Have been using my MT & MN mix about 5-6/week. I definitely notice my hair is thicker and I believe it's the MT. I'm going to continue using this for the next 3 months.

I have been AWOL on both the thread and the reggie, due to lupus flare and medication causing hair loss in the crown. But Ive refreshed my arsenal today and getting back in the game! Interestingly enough my hair is growing everywhere except for my crown.