Megatek Challenge 2011-2012

BlueNile

I started using Megatek when I found LHCF, this was the first recommended product I purchased. I used it nightly with no oils or added ingredients, applied to my thinning edges and crown, bagged overnight and condition washed in the morning.

Within 2 months, my edges filled in, the thinning spot in the crown was begining to show improvement, and the overall length and thickness really increased.

I dc 3-4 times weekly and after approx. 6 months of doing this, I brought Glovers treatment mixed with sulfur 8 into rotation as megatek was making my scalp sore.

I now substitute Tiva growth oil when the megatek starts causing scalp soreness and plan on using some of the growth aids IdareTshair listed.:yep:

ETA-mixed Megatek with JBCO and started using moisturizing leavein to fight dryness.

*dang apostrophe key doesnt work*

Ahhhhh, I'm so glad I read this. I DC'd overnight with MT this weekend and after rinsing, my scalp was SO sore. Like someone had tried to pull my hair out sore. I was hesitant to believe it was the MT but after reading this I guess it was. I don't think I will be leaving it on that long anymore.

GeorginaSparks

Wow I just looked at my new bottle(with the flower) and noticed the ingredients and they moved the 2nd product on new product wayyyy down the list. I still have a little bit of my old bottle left and my Ovation bottle is half full. I will have to drive all over town to find the old bottle now.

SoopremeBeing

The version I bought must be the new one, since mine has the flowers. I got mine directly from the Eqyss website. Its been working quite nicely as far as growth and softness, especially when I wear weaves and braids. But I will buy a bottle of the old version and compare results.

Should I get the pink label or the blue label version?

NaturalPath

Be careful if you are planning on ordering a bottle of Mega-tek from arcatapet if you think you will receive the OLD version. I would call just to make sure since their stock was initially sold out and therefore they would have to now sell the NEW formula. Thats just my thinking and I could be wrong.

star78

Be careful if you are planning on ordering a bottle of Mega-tek from arcatapet if you think you will receive the OLD version. I would call just to make sure since their stock was initially sold out and therefore they would have to now sell the NEW formula. Thats just my thinking and I could be wrong.

That was my thinking too. I called a number of vendors before purchasing because even though the old bottle was displayed on their websites, it turned out that all of them were selling the new bottle aside from Arcatapet.

I noticed on Arcatapet's website that they list the ingredients in the same order as shown on the old bottle. I called anyway and the customer service rep confirmed that they do still have some old bottles in stock. He read the first three ingredients and said they have had a number of calls from people asking the same questions I asked in regard to the old bottle vs the new one.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland

I would return it if you get the new formula. Mane_Attraxion, that will be jack up their sales increase and they start changing.

lovestarr

I missed signing up for this challenge since I just started using mega tek to treat a bald spot caused by braids. So I'll be off in the sidelines. I still had half a bottle of old mega tek from over a year ago. So I mixed in a color applicator bottle - 75% mega tek and 25% JBCO. Also added 5-6 drops rosemary essential oil. I,ve been using this mix for 5 days now and have noticed soft hairs sprouting from my bald spot (traction alopecia). So I guess that it is working! I just ordered another bottle from Amazon and I just know it is going to be the new version, I just hope it works as well as the old one. I will be tracking results every 2 weeks to see how it's going.

Seamonster

I haven't been very good about using this. I just started applying MT this week. Seemed to have been getting a lot of growth from rinses. Now I hope to kick it up a notch by going bak to MT.

napbella

Update: So I was having protein overload for minute there--I didnt realize almost all my prods were loaded with protein. I have since corrected that and now am using MT with jbco/evco/grapeseed oils and massaging my scalp a couple times weekly. So hopefully I will see some good results by June.

JustGROWwithIt

I just received my bottle of MT that I ordered on Saturday from Arcatapet and it is the old formula. The site listed that there were only 8 bottle left in stock. I'm so sad. If I had the money I'd buy them all right now!

honeybearmommy32

Wld some 1 plz tell me where to buy this Mega Tek from already?

No 1s reported any bad side effects so far...cld it all be too good to be true?

lovestarr

honeybearmommy32 said:
Wld some 1 plz tell me where to buy this Mega Tek from already?

No 1s reported any bad side effects so far...cld it all be too good to be true?

Mega tek can be purchased from Amazon.com. Depending on the seller you will most likely receive the new version.

lovestarr

Since last update have been faithfully applying my JBCO and MT mix every night. I'm noticing the traction alopecia spot is filling in nicely. I'm going to continue daily applications and will post before/after pics at end of challenge.

lovestarr

Same MT and JBCO mix last night. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and she damn near screamed at how fast my bald spot was filling in lol. It's near my nape so hopefully when my hair grows out more I can get it layered to look even. I am excited after a little under 2 weeks my hair is doing a lot better due to MT and overall better maintenance.

kittie43

lovestarr said:
Mega tek can be purchased from Amazon.com. Depending on the seller you will most likely receive the new version.

What is the difference between the old version and the new version?

lovestarr

kittie43 said:
What is the difference between the old version and the new version?

Reading through the old mega ten threads and the amazon reviews, the newer version has one of the main ingredients moved way down the list. Some women are reporting that the new version is not as 'potent' as the old version but some women see no difference. I still had a bottle from almost 2 years ago which is the older version. Haven't received my new shipment yet do waiting to see if it's the new version by comparing the ingredient list.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I just got a bottle of the old formula, and I am doing one serious happy dance!! I'm back in ladies....It's like being reunited with an old friend, and it feels SO GOOD!! :reddancer:

My mom saw my hair out yesterday, and although she had been cracking jokes on my MT for months now, she said "Hmmm...maybe I should give that MT a try..." :lachen: Better get ya own bottle mom...:look:

Seamonster

I had the new version, and then got a bottle of the old. The old grows my hair so much faster then the new, and I use less product, less often. To the point I think that they should have just admitted they discontinued making the product. Plus they lying to people saying that the product is the same. This ish is not the same :nono:

I am mad for the poor bald horses; what is Silver going to do now?

Seamonster

I mixed MT old formula with Kyah Alexandria's Hair throttle , so I am going to see what I think over the next couple of months. My mix smells pleasant.

1 part MT
2 part Kyrh
Little emu oil, onion and garlic extract

Incognitus

So there are still a few old versions floating around the internet? Also, does anyone know if they changed the OCT forumula?

lovestarr

So there are still a few old versions floating around the internet? Also, does anyone know if they changed the OCT forumula?

I just got OCT and I do not think the formula has changed. I just got the new version of MT tho :sad:. Oh well I'll just have to see how it goes.

sajjy

hey ladies! is it too late for me to join?! :look:just bought the new formula of mega-tek and i'm waiting for it to be delivered. Meanwhile i made my own mega-tek which i think maybe more potent.

Last edited:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Checking in! So, I'm definitely stretching out this last bottle of old formula. I mix it with some other heavy proteins, AM 3min miracle, and some neem oil for my scalp. Let that soak in overnight, and cowash the next day. Old formula is definitely where it's at! My hair is growing, and staying healthy!