Megatek Challenge 2011-2012

sajjy

sajjy what did you use to make your own, and where did you get the ingredients? I want to make my own, and doctor up the new formula bottle I have.

I used distill water, hydrolyzed protein ( i brought it at "Garden of Wisdom") silk amino acids, grape seed oil,hemp seed oil, MN, aloe vera juice, and MSM. Will update you on my progress :drunk:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Checking in! Just cowashed this morning, and my hair is back to growing! I'm also feeling more thickness in the front. Love my old formula so much!! I think if I continue using it as part of a mix, I can stretch it out for most of this year. Hopefully by then I'll be able to buy another bottle of the old formula....hopefully...

NYDee

Thanks for sharng. I pretty much have everything you listed apart from hemp seed oil. What is MN? And what are your mixing proportions?

I used distill water, hydrolyzed protein ( i brought it at "Garden of Wisdom") silk amino acids, grape seed oil,hemp seed oil, MN, aloe vera juice, and MSM. Will update you on my progress :drunk:

JeterCrazed

My roots are growing in so strong. I don't think I'll ever stop making this stuff. :lol:
The curls are clumping together instead of growing in frizzy. I like these new locks of hair. :grin:

Sent from my Inspire HD using LHCF

missyanne

My roots are growing in so strong. I don't think I'll ever stop making this stuff. :lol:
The curls are clumping together instead of growing in frizzy. I like these new locks of hair. :grin:

JeterCrazed

Are you experiencing the same level of growth with your formula (more/less) compared to Megatek? Kudos on creating your own formula

JeterCrazed

[USER=339427]missyanne[/USER] said:
JeterCrazed

Are you experiencing the same level of growth with your formula (more/less) compared to Megatek? Kudos on creating your own formula

Thank you! I never tried the original because as soon as I found out about it, they were changing the formula and I heard bad things about it.

Last edited:

pinkness27

How often are you guys using megatek? Is it bad if I'm spraying it in everyday? Should I cut down to every week to avoid protein overload? I have in Senegalese twists.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
How often are you guys using megatek? Is it bad if I'm spraying it in everyday? Should I cut down to every week to avoid protein overload? I have in Senegalese twists.

I DC overnight with it 1x a week. If it works for your hair, go for it. Just know that you need to keep the moisture levels equal to the protein levels. :yep:

PureSilver

I've been taking 1000mg garlic supplements daily and this has not decreased my shedding when i use MT, i do get good growth however my hair seems less dense or thinner if you please when i do a cornrow take down.

I'm thinking of getting the garlic shampoo but i don't know how i would incorporate this into my regimen. Should i use it as my go to shampoo on wash days and follow up with my Trader Joe's conditioner.

How often can i use it?
what likely results can i expect?- For those who use garlic shampoo
Is anyone else experiencing alot of shedding and how do you combat it?

Will post a picture update later.....Updates are however in my fotki.

pinkness27

I bought garlic pills yest and I squeezed the gel into my megatek spray. Hope this will keep shedding to a minimum. I also decided to spray 3x a week, instead of everyday like I was doing previously.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I've been taking 1000mg garlic supplements daily and this has not decreased my shedding when i use MT, i do get good growth however my hair seems less dense or thinner if you please when i do a cornrow take down.

I'm thinking of getting the garlic shampoo but i don't know how i would incorporate this into my regimen. Should i use it as my go to shampoo on wash days and follow up with my Trader Joe's conditioner.

How often can i use it?
what likely results can i expect?- For those who use garlic shampoo
Is anyone else experiencing alot of shedding and how do you combat it?

Will post a picture update later.....Updates are however in my fotki.

I found the only thing that slowed the shedding down in the beginning was Black Tea Rinses. I think the garlic needs to really build up in your system to cut the shedding.

Right now, I think when I started using Wen, and stopped using shampoo, my shedding cut down by a lot too....my hair is definitely feeling denser.

Seamonster

I am still on the MT, Ya'll better ask somebody. The old formula is the truth. My tresses are getting so thick. EOD we dance.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I am still on the MT, Ya'll better ask somebody. The old formula is the truth. My tresses are getting so thick. EOD we dance.

Same here! I am gonna squeeze every single drop out of this last bottle of old formula...it's gona be 2015 MT challenge, and I'm still gonna be talkin bout the Old Formula I'm using. :grin:

JeterCrazed

@JeterCrazed how is your hair doing on your mix? Getting thicker or longer first?

It's doing good! I'm working on changing it, to make it a cleanser, too, though. Gonna take out some water and add a no poo cleansing ingredient. I use it as a pre-poo DC for an hour, no overnight, which I wouldn't do with a cleanser.
Longer first. Thicker as in thicker hairs, yes. Thicker as in more hairs, no.

I want to change it because after I pre-poo with it, shampoo and condition with AOGBP, it doesn't feel as silky AND strong and once I get out of the shower, I hate to get wet again. After-poo DCing is NOT my thing. :nono:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I don't get it then I thought oct was better? I have never tried OCT. I do know that MT was great for breakage.

Oct was supposed to be the "Human" version of MT...meaning more expensive. The only difference was reduced shedding in the OCT, but by all accounts the old formula MT gave better growth, and was a lot cheaper.

Nothing but marketing.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Just deep conditioned with Megatek and Wheat Germ oil for an hour with heat. My hair feels like SILK. Who knew that 20 minutes was NOT enough?

Strange enough, I got the tip from Ovatation (OCT). They recommend using their conditioner on the hair for 1-2 hours OR overnight.

lovestarr

I've been slacking since I cut off 1 month ago to almost bald. But now that it is growing back I'll be applying my MT and JBCO mix every night starting tonight for one month and evaluate my results

Ronnieaj

Just deep conditioned with Megatek and Wheat Germ oil for an hour with heat. My hair feels like SILK. Who knew that 20 minutes was NOT enough?

Strange enough, I got the tip from Ovatation (OCT). They recommend using their conditioner on the hair for 1-2 hours OR overnight.

Will be trying this the next time I do an MT treatment.