NJoy's 1st Yr Progress in Pics

ucfcpegirl06

Wow! Suddenly I'm VERY conscious of my rolls. That does it! My 2011 pics will be with a P90X body. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words.

You'll like P90X!! It's hard work but you see results fast!!!

And great hair growth...I'm in the 2011 Sulfur Challenge cause I was so inspired by your growth!!

Stella B.

Awesome, awesome progress! Congrats on your growth, and reaching your goals. Your progress pics are super inspirational!:grin:

Missjae09

I have to cosign all the things everyone else has said...Your hair is very encouraging! at the rate you are going you will be at your goal length in no time!

Missjae09

I couldn't agree more! A lot of the things that are second nature to us or just basic maintenance for us are considered "high maintenance" for other women. I've definitely seen that "glazed" look or even sheer disappointment when someone asks what I did to get my hair a certain way and I tell them and they simply say... that's too much work for me or that won't work for my hair because is too nappy. .. oh well.. i just keep it movin'! lol
That was not something that I wanted to do early on because I was still trying to understand it for myself and, since I made my own mix, I was basically using myself as a guinea pig. About halfway thru tho, my mom started asking me questions and I shared what I was doing but wasn't comfortable sharing the information on my sulfur mix. This is because she was trying to grow her hair back from chemo and I just have no idea how the sulfur or ANYTHING would do. I mean, she has medical issues that keep her from getting certain OTC meds so, I'm just not going to chance it. I did turn her on to scalp massages and jbco to thicken what she has coming in.

I do have friends and family asking me what I'm using now. But, I still get eyes that glaze over when I mention any concoctions. People don't really want to do the work. They want an instant fix. I dedicated a year to get what I have. I'll stick to encouraging ladies on the boards. At least I know we're all willing to put in the time and work. I've learned that you just can't go talking sulfur and some of the other things we discuss here IRL. C'mon son! :lol:

DesignerCurls

Your pictures are so inspirational and within 1 year!!! You have inspired me to put the scissors down and I added sublimed sulphur to my regimen.

Your hair growth really is amazing! Thanks for sharing!!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thanking everyone again for the kind and encouraging words. And most of all, thank you for your continued support and friendships. I hope that I will always continue to deserve it. :bighug:

NJoy

grow

CONGRATULATIONS NJOY!!!!!!:yay::party::woot::dance7::bouncegre

what a joy to finally be back on board and have my eyes filled with this delight!!!:yep:

YOUR GROWTH AND RETENTION IS AMAZING!!!!!:clap::goodpost:

and so are you sweetie pie!:yep:

thank you for offering such great inspiration and for being a great cheerleader and encourager to others!!!:grouphug:
(yes, i now damp bun thanks to NJOY! your patience and pics saved my hair!)

I AM SUPER DUPER PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!
:blowkiss:

EllePixie

How did I miss this thread?! Lovely progress, Njoy! Every time I think of quitting sulfur, you post pics and I stay addicted...

omachine

thanks for the inspiration Njoy....i read your byline...i will keep your family in my prayers...hugs to you...

Shadiyah

I posted this over at BHM because I just don't post over there as much as here but, might as well share over here too. Here's my story in pics.

Njoy!

First month: Newbie just learning about hair care. I started with a freshly layered cut. Obvious newbie trying to figure out how to take pics. Dates are 1/2, 2/2, 3/2 & 3/19.

Main protective style

Still not great with taking pics but, ah well...

Thru mid June

End of June (learned to stop using the darn flash)

I think this may have been the first set of pics posted on bhm. Tried to give input and caught grief. mmhmm.

I think I'm showing 3 months of ng here. I did a thread with a ton of these ng pics. I'm 4b/a

Claimed MBL

Mid Nov Sneak Peek

Year End 2010 Progress (Yeah, my fingers in the middle pic look retarded but, that's me trying to grab a section but the camera snapped. And the last pic, I fanned my hair so that the layers are visible)

Onward to 2011 goal of HL. Hoping to reach this by June but, I'm also looking to trim away some layers so, we'll see.

Here I am in my winter PS
Another ps. Motown Tress LG-61, 2-in1 1/2 wig/ponytail

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

My reggie is in my blog here. At present, I'm 23 wks post and back in my ps'g. I may or may not texlax next week at 6 months post. Still trying to decide.

Thanks for all the compliments and kind words. Y'all know me. And you know I don't mind sharing any info that I may have. We're all in this together. Wishing us all a bountiful 2011!

Njoy

you are really saying that all that growth was done in one year? I mean I just keep looking at them over and over again and checking the dates and like wow. what were you doing?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
you are really saying that all that growth was done in one year? I mean I just keep looking at them over and over again and checking the dates and like wow. what were you doing?

Focusing on a happy, healthy scalp, ps'g like a beast and expecting growth. Details in my lhcf blog. :yep:

NikkiGirl

NJoy your hair is beautiful and you are such an inspiration. I will cheering you on to Hip Length!!!

Bnster

I missed this thread too. How I don't know! Congratulations and I love how you documented your progress! Keep up the good work and HHJ!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Don't know who tagged me but thanks. I really appreciated coming back and re-reading all the wonderful support shared and the renewed motivation to continue my HH practices. Especially after the rough start that I had this year with my mom and all. I'm still rolling towards HL with a new declaration of a TL goal. (kinda rethinking that one tho. :look:)

Anywho, thanks again for the continued support and all the love and prayers received for my family over the past few months... HHG ladies! Let's do 2011! Shall we? :lick: