Pre-Poo Through 2013 Challenge

SunySydeofLyfe

I need to be doing this but its so messy. I'm thinking of putting my oils in a spray bottle to lessen the mess and give me more desire to do it. I plan on prepooing after open house. Our anniversary is tomorrow and i want soft hair for the after party!!!

Suny

mshoneyfly

I need to be doing this but its so messy. I'm thinking of putting my oils in a spray bottle to lessen the mess and give me more desire to do it. I plan on prepooing after open house. Our anniversary is tomorrow and i want soft hair for the after party!!!

Suny

One of the keys to keeping down the mess is to put the oil in a color applicator bottle. I do have one of those Roots Only bottles but haven't used it yet. I squeeze some into my parts but not too much and rub vigorously. I do that all over, being careful not to use too much. Then I massage my scalp. This helps the oil to absorb some. Then I put some oil on my ends and baggy. I never get runniness anymore with this method. It also helps to use a thicker oil.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thank you for this thread!!!!!!

2. Answer the following questions to join:

a) Current Hair Length NL-SL
b) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning Fully natural
c) Pre-poo Process/Products Simple process: oils overnight. Products are Vatika oil, coconut oil, olive oil. I usually finger detangle once it's absorbed and co-wash or do an Ayurvedic cleanse.
d) End-of-Year Goal Length Full SL
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc) 1-2x a week
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic Will add once I get to my phone

3. Post your process each pre-poo session.
Pre pooing right now. I slept in coconut and olive oils under a silk cap. It's all absorbed so will add more oil for another hour then detangle and wash.

FlyyBohemian

Did someone say challenge?! :cowgirl:

We are a little more than halfway through with 2013, but increased moisture may be just what we need to increase our growth by years end... Might even add to our "summer spurts"!

Pre-poo = Pre-Shampoo Treatment/Conditioning

Pre-pooing is super beneficial to your wash/co-wash day!!! It helps with stripping and drying as caused by shampoos. It can also boost your co-wash session by adding increased slip and manageability. Some pre-poo by doing a HOT (Hot Oil Treatment)... Others pre-poo by steaming on dry hair with their favorite conditioner. However you pre-poo... Lets do it together!

Joining this challenge is simple...

1. Prepoo at least 1x monthly (1x weekly if you're really bout that life)...

2. Answer the following questions to join:

a) Current Hair Length
b) Relaxed/Texlaxed/Natural/Transitioning
c) Pre-poo Process/Products
d) End-of-Year Goal Length
e) Pre-poo Frequency? (1/week, 2/month, etc)
e) Most Recent Length Check Pic

From each other we can learn techniques, processes and, my favorite, products!!!

Challengers
DominicanBrazilian82
EnExitStageLeft
TopShelf
NaturalEngima
MileHighDiva
AlliCat
sexypebbly
Atdow71
Honey Bee
Babygrowth
HairPleezeGrow
SunySydeofLyfe
felic1
Rozlewis
TeeBee
MsLiss
keranikki
Lita
uofmpanther
narsinthemorning
DarkJoy
mshoneyfly

a) current length is neck length
b) Natural
c) Pre-Poo with Olive/Huile Masketi/Red Palm Oil and Monival Mix
d) Goal length is Shoulder Length
e) Pre-poo Once a week

Attachments

• image-4114131325.jpg
    image-4114131325.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I wonder if it's beneficial to oil pre-poo before my midweek cowash. I usually do weekly on my 'full' wash days when I DC, etc. I guess it couldnt hurt?

felic1

Uhh, Monday morning I did my pre poo with Vatika Oil for 14 hours. I am obviously running late...

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Gonna see how a refined peanut oil pre-poo works overnight before a co-wash and DC in the morning. Finger detangling with the oil now. It's softening my hair the longer it sits. LOVE LOVE LOVE peanut oil!

Killahkurlz

I'd like to join this challenge. I've been using coconut oil and will probably continue to use only that. It always makes my hair so soft. I haven't done it over night yet. I'm going to try. It just means planning my detangling session a day early (`-_-)

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I liked the results of my last prepoo, so I'm at it again. I'm doing a prepoo of Darcy's pumpkin seed, grapeseed oil, castor oil, and honey. I'll probably leave it in for about 4-5 hours.

DominicanBrazilian82

I did somewhat of a prepoo today... I drenched my hair in RBO (Rice Bran Oil) and applied HV Striniliah to my nape and edges. I have a love affair with RBO.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Just finished finger detangling with HV Vatika Frosting. Currently, in two braids under a processing cap. Will cleanse etc. tomorrow.