Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

KaramelDiva1978

I have gone back and forth on stretching and once I prepooed and co-washed this week, I realized how soft and manageable my newgrowth is 10 weeks. I don't know if that was the prepoo with HE LTR (love this condish) and grapeseed oil or the deep condition w/KC Humecto and Wen 613 together. But I love the results on my newgrowth.

Question for you veteran stretchers, what DC are you using when you apply it relaxer style to keep your ng soft? I have quite a few in my arsenal, my thickest being my beloved QH Cholesterol conditioner. I don't quite see the others I have as having the right consistency except for my Wen.....but ideally I'd like to use something else. I have CON deep conditioner, Organix Coconut Milk, Kenra (oh wait, that's a possibility too), and HE HH (I don't like that one).

TIA!

PerfectlyFlawed

So I just realized that I'm already 8 weeks into my stretch... This stretch is going to be a breeze... 15 weeks to go

Sent from my EVO using LHCF

DominicanBrazilian82

I have gone back and forth on stretching and once I prepooed and co-washed this week, I realized how soft and manageable my newgrowth is 10 weeks. I don't know if that was the prepoo with HE LTR (love this condish) and grapeseed oil or the deep condition w/KC Humecto and Wen 613 together. But I love the results on my newgrowth.

Question for you veteran stretchers, what DC are you using when you apply it relaxer style to keep your ng soft? I have quite a few in my arsenal, my thickest being my beloved QH Cholesterol conditioner. I don't quite see the others I have as having the right consistency except for my Wen.....but ideally I'd like to use something else. I have CON deep conditioner, Organix Coconut Milk, Kenra (oh wait, that's a possibility too), and HE HH (I don't like that one).

TIA!

BSS: Nunaat Chocolate is amazing!!! I also adore Bambu Silicon Mix.

Jewell

BSS: Nunaat Chocolate is amazing!!! I also adore Bambu Silicon Mix.

Hmm, interestng. I have been eyeing Nunaat Chocolate for a long time...almost a year. I might go ahead n get it now!

In response to the thread, I use QH Olive Oil Cholesterol, SM Anti-Breakage Masque, and Farouk Biosilk Smoothing Conditioner during late stages of my stretch, and Aphogee 2min for protein. I stretch 5-6 month regularly. Starts to get tough after 5 months but I mostly PS so that really helps. Im about 2.75 months post now. Will be 3 months out 02/04/13, touching up in April or May.

DominicanBrazilian82

11 weeks into my 20 week stretch. The second half of my stretch is generally when extreme moisture practices come into play. AVG becomes my staple pre-poo, I usually DC 2x per session, and I m/s daily. Early on in my stretch, my roots are straighter and I am easily able to rock indirect heat straight styles (rollersets). The latter part of my stretch usually doesn't involve heat. So I can add more weight from m/s'ing more often.

PerfectlyFlawed

Ending my strech this week at 13 weeks its just getting to hard to style my hair and its too short to bun and I'm tired of walking around here looking ham.

Sorry my EVO misspelled it *shrugs*

hnntrr

8 weeks post, ive never gotten this far without a struggle. Long term goal 6 mo, short term goal 13 weeks. Runnin up on 13 weeks quick quick. Depending on the ease of this 6 mo transition might go natural...going to stretch as long as I can and see what happens. o.o

DominicanBrazilian82

14WP (Weeks Post) in a 20WS (Week Stretch)... This stretching has really become a breeze. With only six weeks left to go, my hair is soft, manageable and easy to set on magnetics rollers. I really need to up my moisture (DC, M/S, CW, Pre-Pooing).... Will work harder on these.

mschristine

9 weeks post and my new growth is a jungle. My hair clip broke at work today and I had no bobby pins or a spare clip...lucky for me it was my last hour and I got to leave early since I didn't take a break...can't wait to relax, 3 more weeks

Jewell

Currently 16 weeks post, with 10 wks left to go. My last stretch was 22 wks, but I plan to stretch 26 weeks (half a year) or 6.5 months from now on. NG is soft and though it has grown so much, it isnt hard to comb or manage. Buying some S-Curl and African braid spray to help keep my ng moist.

Last edited:

ghanagirl23

wow I salute you ladies than can stretch 20 weeks and beyond I am at 17 post and I am about to loose my mind new growth is so crazy people think I'm going natural lol it hurts to comb I washed it I give up I cant style it the way I want to I'm insecure with my hair out :( I'm relaxing at next week which will end my 18 weeks stretch

DominicanBrazilian82

16 WP today! Four more weeks to go. This is my second consecutive 20 WS. After this: texlax, trim, stretch another 20... Then 12 week stretches thereafter and dusting when I texlax.

Hyacinthe

week 12 this week will relax at 16 weeks
I've been dealing with my NG by keepING MY hair braided for the past 4 weeks so far so good. this will be the first time ive gone till 16 weeks normal Im a 12 weeker lol

DominicanBrazilian82

19 weeks post on Thursday. Texlaxer date is set for 3.28.13 (20 WP). I plan to do an Aphoghee 2-Step on Thursday (did it at 19 weeks post my last stretch (November) and hair was lovely... considering doing it twice during my stretches; not too sure yet). This relaxer will be my intense trim relaxer :( Not too happy about it as my hair has truly grown since my journey began on 6.1.12; haven't really trimmed my hair in about two years. Definitely in need. These ends are raggedy-anne.

I have been rollersetting all through my stretch. Applying direct heat to my roots when needed and wrapping. Bunning and setting have gotten me through my second consecutive 20 WS. I co-washed and DC'ed more frequently during my first stretch. Not nearly as much this go-round. Will revisit more frequent mositure sessions during my next, and last 20 WS. I plan to texlax every 12 weeks after August.

MGA2013

Hey y'all! I think I'm new to this thread... Lol I just ended 23 week stretch today my goal was 24, but my NG was to thick and became a hassle to manage! I can usually go longer ( longest stretch was 9 months) but I think I'm going to start stretching only to 16-20 weeks at the most.

I think I made it to full BSL/grazing MBL.... I will post pics once I'm done under the dryer.!

Isis33

Congrats on your stretch!!! :weird:

Just stick with it and you'll get through. I just finished a 24-week stretch a few weeks ago myself, and it was pretty good. I only relaxed my hair 3 times last year!

What I do:
  • Remind myself each day that stretching is good for my hair.
  • Never give in to relaxer temptation around week 14.:naughty: :lol:
  • Liberal use of S-Curl (or any other excellent moisturizer that works with your hair)
  • Remember to keep up with protein treatments to keep the line of demarcation strong!!!! Very important.
  • Rollersetting. Period.
  • Avoid combing the new growth. I use my fingers and hands to style my hair, and just smooth the top with a comb or the side of a brush.
  • Frequent washes (at least once a week) alternating a shampoo with a conditioner wash.
  • Phony ponies are my dear friends! :love: I hardly have to style my hair at all. This greatly reduces manipulation and protects the hair. I always baggy my ends.
That's all I can think of for now, but I hope it helps. :up:
Hi Legend,

So are we meant to do a hard protein treatment weekly? Or just a mild one?

sunnieb

Love this thread!

I'm 17 weeks post and relaxing on Friday at 18 weeks.

I'm working to get to super stretching status like you ladies! :)

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

lamaria211

im almost 26 weeks and will be texlaxing in the 1st week of May!!! im goung to do a hard protein treatment next weekend using aphogee 2 step. i might use everything Apghogee nxt weekend, damaged hair poo, 2 step, balancing condish, pro vitamin leave in and the green tea spray. ill probably use the 2 minute the week after i TU.

Guinan

Re-Branding
im almost 26 weeks and will be texlaxing in the 1st week of May!!! im goung to do a hard protein treatment next weekend using aphogee 2 step. i might use everything Apghogee nxt weekend, damaged hair poo, 2 step, balancing condish, pro vitamin leave in and the green tea spray. ill probably use the 2 minute the week after i TU.

Wow that's awesome! I'm trying to get to 26wks, but my hair keeps dreading. I normally relax every 26wks, but I think ima have to throw in the towel.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Angelicus

This week marks another 4 month stretch. Yay! Whoo hoo! :weird: I could actually go longer thanks to the products that I use. I'll see if I can relax on the 2nd or 3rd week of May.

Babygrowth

Man, I loooove stretching my relaxers! Its the touch up part I don't like. I'm always nervous about not pulling it down far enough! My NG is like a chameleon sometimes!

MGA2013

My long over due update...lol (I'm 3 weeks post relaxer now).. I'm BSL!!

beautyintheyes

I was going to stretch for a year but caved in and only did a 20 week stretch im happy i didnt relax bone straight because i only relax so i can manage my hair and flat iron it when i wont without having to blow dry and high it this mug lol