Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Argh! So, in preparation for my relaxer in a week, I clarified and then did a protein treatment. I used Sally's hard water shampoo and then added an egg and EVOO to a conditioner. I left the conditioner on for about an hour because I got distracted getting my son bathed and ready for bed.

Rinsed it out with cool water and added Wen Fig and kept that on for about an hour. My hair felt super hard when I rinsed it out and there were a couple of hair clumps hanging onto the bottom of my super tangled hair.

Here I am thinking I'm getting my hair prepped for my relaxer, instead I may have caused a setback. On top of all of that, I apparently didn't rinse the egg out well enough so I've got egg in my hair.

I'm sorry about your egg issue. Are you relaxing next week, I thought we were closer to the same schedule. I'm scheduled for the 20th.

quirkydimples

Cattypus1

I planned to relax next month on the 17th, but got an itch to relax. It seems like my new growth is out to get me and I've noticed more shedding than usual. I thought, "Why exactly am I stretching this long?" Plus I read a thread about fine-haired people stretching and having setbacks and it freaked me out. I think I may stick with my original relax date, up my moisture, and bun until then.

I never thought I was protein sensitive, but maybe I am or maybe I just need to find a good moisturizing deep conditioner. I've got Alter Ego Energizing & Rebalancing Cream on its way to me along with the Linange Relaxer set, so I hope that does the trick.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1

I planned to relax next month on the 17th, but got an itch to relax. It seems like my new growth is out to get me and I've noticed more shedding than usual. I thought, "Why exactly am I stretching this long?" Plus I read a thread about fine-haired people stretching and having setbacks and it freaked me out. I think I may stick with my original relax date, up my moisture, and bun until then.

I never thought I was protein sensitive, but maybe I am or maybe I just need to find a good moisturizing deep conditioner. I've got Alter Ego Energizing & Rebalancing Cream on its way to me along with the Linange Relaxer set, so I hope that does the trick.

Let me know how you like the Alter Ego. I'm in the market for a good deep moisturizer. I haven't found anything that works for met better than the Wen Remoist but that stuff is pricey with a capital P.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Cattypus1

I'm about to buy the linange shea butter tex set. Did u buy one jar or two? I have lots of ng & thick hair & I'm trying to figure out if I should buy an additional jar with the set. Will this be the 1st time u using this relaxer?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

quirkydimples

pelohello

I've never used it before, but I've heard such good things about it and all of the Alter Ego products. I bought my set from Amazon and it comes with SHEA BUTTER RELAXER 15oz + NEUTRILIZING CONDITIONER 16oz + RESTRUCTURING MASK 33oz

I think that's going to be enough for me. I've been stretching a little more than five months now and my hair is a little past shoulder length. It's not as thick as yours, though, so I don't know. When are you planning to relax?

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello

I've never used it before, but I've heard such good things about it and all of the Alter Ego products. I bought my set from Amazon and it comes with SHEA BUTTER RELAXER 15oz + NEUTRILIZING CONDITIONER 16oz + RESTRUCTURING MASK 33oz

I think that's going to be enough for me. I've been stretching a little more than five months now and my hair is a little past shoulder length. It's not as thick as yours, though, so I don't know. When are you planning to relax?

I will be purchasing it right after Christmas. I plan on relaxing 1/5/13. I will be purchasing 2 jars of the shea butter texturizer, the conditioner, a sprush set and the Mizani Butter Blend Hair Bath (its a neutralizer & it chelates). I decided to just buy the 2 jars b/c I will be 26wks post when I relax. I am sooooo excited!! This will be my 1st time using it too! & it will be my 1st time self-relaxing.

DominicanBrazilian82

I will be purchasing it right after Christmas. I plan on relaxing 1/5/13. I will be purchasing 2 jars of the shea butter texturizer, the conditioner, a sprush set and the Mizani Butter Blend Hair Bath (its a neutralizer & it chelates). I decided to just buy the 2 jars b/c I will be 26wks post when I relax. I am sooooo excited!! This will be my 1st time using it too! & it will be my 1st time self-relaxing.

You will love love Linange. I use the relaxer, but the relaxer, to me, texturizes. My natural pattern is slightly loosened, and my hair is not straight like it becomes with the ORS's and Soft & Beautiful's. When I relax in March, it will be my third consecutive time using it. I've used it in the past, but never consecutively and I never paid attention to how my hair was with it until June '12 when I started using it again. I relax every twenty weeks and can't wait until my entire head of hair is the texture of my texlaxed hair (about five inches). And a bonus: My texlaxed hair straightens exactly like my relaxed hair. My new growth is a different story. Merry Christmas...

lovebug10

can you use the same brand for your clarifying, shampoo. cinditioner. and so on or you can mix them

BeautifullyExotic

Clarifying = Redken clarifying conditioner

Shampoo = Redken shampoos - usually the blue protein one but I'm going to switch it to the moisture line in the purple containers

Conditioner = Redken moisture DC - its in a purple jar with a black top, ORS pack occasionally, Aphogee 2min if my strands feel week

TLC1020

4 mths post relaxer today.. I will be relaxing a few days before New Years, probably on Sunday or Monday..

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I think I've got the holiday blues...nothing is going the way I want and my hair seems to be the only thing I really have control over...probably an illusion. I'm getting the itch to tu! I'm 22+ weeks post. I wanted to stretch 6 months but I'm in need of an attitude adjustment. I have everything I need to relax now and can't come up with a good reason not to except I will be pissed that I didn't finish the 6 months. Can someone please talk me off the tu ledge!!!

sunnieb

Cattypus1 - Is your hair doing well? Are you experiencing any breakage horrendous tangles? If not, get over it!

You can do it! You're my stretching shero! Keep going strong! :weird:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
sunnieb and quirkydimples my hair is doing remarkably well considering-- looks like hell and quite tangly at the demarcation but nothing really unusual. I think I'm just ready to see and feel my scalp again. I'm all better now. Thanks, ladies for talking me off the ledge. :) :) :)

quirkydimples

So...my Linange relaxer kit arrived. I ordered that and the energizing & rebalancing cream. The relaxer kit should have included the relaxer, neutralizing conditioner and restructuring mask. But instead of the restructuring mask I got the coconut conditioning mask. Normally I would be mad, but I went back and forth between the energizing and coconut conditioners... Now I have both! I also heard several people say the restructuring mask isn't all that great.

Should I order the restructuring mask or just grab something from Sally's?

Attachments

• image-3620602518.jpg
    image-3620602518.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 24

Babygrowth

Man, my first stretch was 23 weeks and I realize now that in some spots I didn't cover all of my new growth or smooth enough in certain areas :ohwell: I think I'm going to cut back to 16 weeks and/or get someone to help me with it. When I start rollersetting or wearing braidouts/twistouts I don't want those areas super noticeable. Plus my hair is short and I swear its harder to relax and trim shorter hair.

lovebug10

4 months post tomorrow!!

But I can't relax until I'm 5 months post since I am far from my regular hair stylist until the end of next month :(

Cattypus1

All loced up...
So...my Linange relaxer kit arrived. I ordered that and the energizing & rebalancing cream. The relaxer kit should have included the relaxer, neutralizing conditioner and restructuring mask. But instead of the restructuring mask I got the coconut conditioning mask. Normally I would be mad, but I went back and forth between the energizing and coconut conditioners... Now I have both! I also heard several people say the restructuring mask isn't all that great.

Should I order the restructuring mask or just grab something from Sally's?

Please let me know how you like Linange. I'm using Mizani BB Lye but I'm open.

SunySydeofLyfe

I want to try the Darcy Botanicals transitioning cream. I should have searched, but do any of you ladies use it and how do you like it??

quirkydimples

I want to try the Darcy Botanicals transitioning cream. I should have searched, but do any of you ladies use it and how do you like it??

I used it and lives it once I was 8-10 weeks out. It's great for new growth, but it's thick. I got a tip once to add one part water and two parts cream to a color applicator bottle to make it easier to apply.

quirkydimples

I relaxed. My stretch is over. I think it might have done more harm than good, but I'll see tomorrow once it's dry. I posted in the relaxed thread with photos. I'll add more once I style it and take some progress pics.

Angelicus

Just got a relaxer this month. Next relaxer is in April 2013. Thanks to the awesome regimen, I can go a long time without relaxing! whoohoo !

pinkness27

Hairdresser kept saying my hair is really dry and it is causing shedding. I don't understand why bc I moisturize it twice a day. I use qp Elasta and scrul. I only stretched 5 weeks this time bc I couldn't really handle the toughness of the new growth. I feel like I've been at the same length for awhile now. Maybe it's bc of this dry hair problem? I'm going to switch to Hawaiian Silky and see if this will better moisturize my hair.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
23 weeks post as of yesterday! 21 days to go. The CC itch is about to push me over the edge. I'm headed for the shower to wash and DC.