SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I took my last set of crochets out on Friday, Poo'd with CON Ultra-moisturizing poo, did a protein DC with ORS Hair mayo for about 30 minutes then a moisture DC with Elasta QP DPR+11 for about an hour & a half. I didn't want to wait to airdry my hair because it wouldn't have been dried until Saturday morning so I put Cantu Shea Butter leave-in & heat protectant & blow dried it.

I put a new set of crochets in this time that I absolutely love (even more than the last set)!! Its still similar to the last set, however, this set is more silky & is called Romance Dream Curl something or another. Its much more manageable & curls better with mousse than the Twist style that I had before. Crochets is definitely my "go to" PS!!! I love that I can do it myself & that it only takes me about 3-4 hours to do. Its easier on the edges too! The curly styles is better for me than straight crochets as these cover up the cornrows easily.

I had about an inch of NG not stretched & I made 11 weeks post on Saturday. I thing that mistakenly texlaxing my natural hair on the last touch-up was not bad at all because my hair still has its texture but is wavy in comparison to being coily when I was transitioning. I have about only 1 inch of bone straight relaxed hair on the ends but I'm not cutting anything!! Its a lot easier now to stretch my relaxers after transitioning for 7 months than it was before. I had to look at the calendar just to see how many weeks post I am! :grin: I'll be relaxing in December when I take this set out & I'll do a LC at the time for my last pic in 2013 & my starting pic for 2014. I'm still trying to figure out where SL is on my body because where my actual shoulders start, is the same place where my collar bone starts. So I don't know if I'll be SL or CBL when I get where I'm going. *smacking lips*

Love these!

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

soulglo

I just went on a haul. I need to figure out how to make buying natural things more cost effective. I couldn't wait on a sale.

I bought hairfinity 2 month supply (yeah finally caved in)

Komaza - I bought the protein strengthner and some oil

Hopefully by buying these things my hair will thrive and I can cut the cost of buying extension hair and paying for braids

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I just went on a haul. I need to figure out how to make buying natural things more cost effective. I couldn't wait on a sale.

I bought hairfinity 2 month supply (yeah finally caved in)

Komaza - I bought the protein strengthner and some oil

Hopefully by buying these things my hair will thrive and I can cut the cost of buying extension hair and paying for braids

I've been thinking about Hairfinity also. I used it about a year ago and it works. I dk why I stopped...probably the price lol and laziness on taking vitamins. I might give it another go. Are there any discount codes?

HPG

soulglo

I've been thinking about Hairfinity also. I used it about a year ago and it works. I dk why I stopped...probably the price lol and laziness on taking vitamins. I might give it another go. Are there any discount codes?

HPG

Right now ...no there was a 10% oct 24-28 smh lol it was probably the price. I had to think about the time when my hair flourished. I think I was taking a high potency vitamin. I've been taking alive vits for awhile. I like that it has veggie powder in it lol.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Any tips or products for shedding and breakage?? I was almost full SL but now smh I dont know.

Garlic pills are good for shedding as well as tea rinses, and protein for breakage. Komaza has a protein strengthener that's good. I think a lot of ladies use Nexxus (sp?), or aphogee.

HPG

LexiDior

Garlic pills are good for shedding as well as tea rinses, and protein for breakage. Komaza has a protein strengthener that's good. I think a lot of ladies use Nexxus (sp?), or aphogee.

HPG

I did an aphogee treatment two months ago, is it too soon to do another??

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I did an aphogee treatment two months ago, is it too soon to do another??

I think you can do them monthly...but don't take my word on it as I've never used that one. Maybe someone else will chime in.

HPG

faithVA

[USER=354653 said:
LexiDior[/USER];19187597]I did an aphogee treatment two months ago, is it too soon to do another??

Was it the 2 step or the 2 minute treatment?

Are you relaxed? texlaxed or natural?

If relaxed or texlaxed when was the last time your relaxed?

faithVA

[USER=354653 said:
LexiDior[/USER];19187907]It was the 2step treatment. im relaxed and my last relaxer was two months ago.

If you are relaxed then you may want to use protein at least monthly. I'm not sure you want to use the 2 step though. I am natural but color treated and I do a reconstructor every 3 to 4 weeks.

You can try the 2 step again and follow with a good deep conditioning. If you don't feel comfortable with that, then get a good reconstructor and try protein every 3 to 4 weeks increasing or decreasing based on how your hair responds.

LexiDior

If you are relaxed then you may want to use protein at least monthly. I'm not sure you want to use the 2 step though. I am natural but color treated and I do a reconstructor every 3 to 4 weeks.

You can try the 2 step again and follow with a good deep conditioning. If you don't feel comfortable with that, then get a good reconstructor and try protein every 3 to 4 weeks increasing or decreasing based on how your hair responds.

Thanks. Ill try another and see how well it works.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm on day 5 of my inversion. I hope to see some good growth by the end of the month. We shall see.

HPG

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
A little breakage :ohwell: plus lack of coil definition except when I clarify/chelate (and that's good for only one wash cycle) no matter what else I do. Couple that with constant skin problems and it points to the water filter on the shower head needing changing.

That thing is supposed to be good for 6 months! I'm only getting 3!

#frustrated!

Evolving78

A little breakage :ohwell: plus lack of coil definition except when I clarify/chelate (and that's good for only one wash cycle) no matter what else I do. Couple that with constant skin problems and it points to the water filter on the shower head needing changing.

That thing is supposed to be good for 6 months! I'm only getting 3!

#frustrated!

I was bad to my hair for 4 days! Now I am paying for it. I didn't tie it up, moisturized, etc...and it got dry. So I had some broken strands. I'm going to have to discontinue my stretch and relax next week. But I plan on stretching for 5 months. I just need to go a professional.

Seamonster

Hi Seamonster--
I think your hair looks great! If u've seen any of my other posts, because of severe crown breakage, I cut from below APL to a chin-length bob this year. That was the right decision for me bc the crown breakage was like down to 1/4-1/2 inch, but I don't think you should do it.
At this point, my hair has grown to sit on SL and the crown is like 2-3 inches long. It continues to grow, but I am sometimes tempted to cut again because the crown will never really catch up. So trust me I feel you. But here is why I don't:
1) I remind myself that literally no one notices but me. I am sure you have folks all the time tell you that your hair is thick and beautiful.
2) I set different goals. Having a long layer at the top, which is (hopefully) what I will have once the rest of my hair reaches APL, to me anyway can be quite beautiful. However, that's for me because my crown breakage is more significant and my hair is fine. Your crown breakage is so minimal that it will probably just continue to blend in with the rest of your hair.
3) I remind myself that the crown at 2-3 inches is simply in an awkward state and the shape will look different as it grows longer. I would say give your hair a little more time to change in shape and revisit the situation in 2014.
HTH xoxo
This is a good plan. When I cut my hair for the new year I am going to take off a fourth to a half inch and see what that does.

BonBon

Feels like for the past however long I have been focused on hiding hair, gaining inches. Now I am nearly there I'm now bothered and having to accept I have naturally thinnish hair:rolleyes:. Never really cared before but now I'm thinking of the straighter styles I want to do, tis a bit of an anti climax.

I'm not one to dwell on the negative, so I will get over this LOL.

ilong

God's Own
LexiDior - ITA with HPG and faithVa.

Protein treatments and tea rinses. I do a hard protein treatment (Aphogee) monthly and apply conditioners with protein, as a leave-in, every couple of days. I steep fresh garlic in my tea rinses, pour on some prepared fenugreek , put DC on top, put on a plastic cap and bonnet and leave on for an hour plus. Several posters have had great success with fenugreek.

Indian grocers sell Garlic oil but it has mineral oil - but if you don't mind mineral oil - the oil is an alternative to fresh garlic.

Garlic usually reduces/stop shedding within a very short period of time.

LexiDior

@LexiDior - ITA with HPG and faithVa.

Protein treatments and tea rinses. I do a hard protein treatment (Aphogee) monthly and apply conditioners with protein, as a leave-in, every couple of days. I steep fresh garlic in my tea rinses, pour on some prepared fenugreek , put DC on top, put on a plastic cap and bonnet and leave on for an hour plus. Several posters have had great success with fenugreek.

Indian grocers sell Garlic oil but it has mineral oil - but if you don't mind mineral oil - the oil is an alternative to fresh garlic.

Garlic usually reduces/stop shedding within a very short period of time.

ilong thanks. ill try my protein products.

ChannieBoo3

So I'm just took down my sew-in ...

- first thing I did was a hot oil treatment , THEN took down the braids .... Hair was sooooo soft and easy to comb thru 14 wk new growth :O

- planning on washing tonight , doing protein treatment and dc then probably wear clip-ins until next sew-in .. Also planning on getting relaxer by next week !

Excuse my wild hair lol , most of it is collar bone length in front , hopefully it will reach full SL by December !

image-312569805.jpg

mshoneyfly

Any tips or products for shedding and breakage?? I was almost full SL but now smh I dont know.

LexiDior

The best thing Ive found to stop shedding almost instantly is coconut milk under my DC. The second best thing is fenugreek paste. Then there's a garlic oil prepoo and then tea rinses. The coconut and fenugreek also grow the hair too and stop breakage!! I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:

LexiDior

@LexiDior

The best thing Ive found to stop shedding almost instantly is coconut milk under my DC. The second best thing is fenugreek paste. Then there's a garlic oil prepoo and then tea rinses. The coconut and fenugreek also grow the hair too and stop breakage!! I LOVE this HHJ!!

mshoneyfly

Thank you. I looked up info on fenugreek and it looks like its available in a liquid which i want to try. Where did you buy the paste from, or did you just buy the seeds and mix it with something??

Babygrowth

Hey y'all! Sorry I've been MIA but I'm back and my hair is doing well still not shoullder length yet but very close. Will definitely be joining the SL 2014 thread. I'm in braids right now but will do a touch up soon and will do a length check. The only change I have to mention is that I just started taking Hairfinity. I still use Njoys oil every other day and I need to wash these braids but they're so heavy I don't think I can handle the weight when wet. I did get a nice summer growth spurt so I'm hoping when I take these out and trim I shouldn't be that far away.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Pre poo'd with KeraVada fenugreek oil and applied my NJoy oil. Dc'd with SD raz affair and then cowashed with HH sticky honey hash con. Dk what I'm going to do to my hair yet.

HPG

Trixie58

I have noticed my hair is thinner on one side. It is kind of out of nowhere. I am not sure why, but I am going to 1) stop wrapping it, and 2) actually take the time to baggy at night. I have been just flopping in bed :lachen:Hopefully that side will start to fill in, there's some broken strands and thinness on the ends. Do you guys think I should trim it? It's been 3 months since my big chin-length chop and I'm shoulder length now.