SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I cowashed my hair Friday night and used Shea Moisture thickening milk, and KeraVada LI butter on top. Well Saturday morning I twisted my hair with HH Pink Stuff in hopes of a great twistout today...well let's just say it was an epic fail! No hold what so ever. Think I'm going to have to stick to ORS pudding and Eco styler gel.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Welp we have about a month and half til end of the year. What are we doing ladies for our end of year reveal/starting pic?

HPG

faithVA

Welp we have about a month and half til end of the year. What are we doing ladies for our end of year reveal/starting pic?

HPG

I am looking forward to the end :lol: Supposedly I am going to do a curlformer set. I will either do it the weekend after Christmas or New Year's Eve.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Think I'm going to do a flexi rod set...we shall see. Might do mine on new years eve as well bc I will wear my wig for Xmas more than likely.

HPG

Babygrowth

I am still in my relaxer stretch but I'm thinking about going to a natural hair salon and letting them give me a steam treatment, straighten my hair and give me a much needed make my hair mostly even trim then Im weaving it up until mid January!

BonBon

Whew, can't believe only a month and a bit to go:thumbsup:.

Best thing that has happened recently is my hair retaining moisture again after incorporating protein. Great to have my hair feeling soft again instead of like brillo lol.

Still braided under wigs. I know I'm definitely not going to make full shoulder length, but should make it in 2014 :D
Will be buying my hair dryer in December sometime and I'll get my flat irons when I visit home. Will post a final pic some time after Christmas:grin:

Haven't seem my hair straight for a LONG, long time. Exited.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I picked up the scissors yesterday :hide: picked up the flatiron for the first time in over a year as well. Last cut was July.

I cleansed, reconstructored, heat serumed, and flat twisted to dry and stretch, then hit it with my CHI iron at only 250oF. My hair is fine and low density so straightens with little effort.

Anyway, the difference between the crown (EL) vs the nape (CBL) and bangs (Nose) was way too big. Soooo... snipsnip. I dusted the crown, chopped 2" off the nape and 2" off the bangs. Goodbye Mullet!!!

Yes, it's shorter but I feel better about it now. However, it's almost bone straight and anytime I long for the creamy crack, I'll straighten it to remember why. This whispy stuff is not the business. I'll take my naps any day.

Funny thing---I havent worm my hair straight to work in over a year. Not a single damn notice! LMAO. They are always commenting on how fly my kinky little fro is tho... tells me all I need to know :yep:

londonfog

Hey ladies!

It took me a minute to realize that I wasn't getting any email notifications from LHCF only to log in & see that I needed to renew my subscription.

Still in my crochets & loving it! I don't know if I even want to change my style now! LOL! I re-did them about 2-3 weeks ago.....I think. Idk but anyhoo, still hanging in there! I'll be about 17 weeks or so post when I take these out. I don't know if I even want to relax or just keep doing the crochets. I may just straighten with a flat iron when I take them out for LC. .

The texture of this particular hair is very manageable & bouncy so I can maintain the curls a lot better than the last set. My BSS appears to only reorder when they feel like it so I'll have to stop in about 2 weeks before I redo to make sure they have it in stock or have them reorder.

londonfog

Hey @londonfog! I thought you were transitioning? What did I miss?

Babygrowth, I was transitioning! Then my edges wouldn't lay down anymore no matter what I used & walking around with a mini crown fro was not how I gets down lololol! I made it all the way to 29 weeks & then decided to relax. I wound up underprocessing so I still have some waves & texture when its wet. I prefer the texlaxed state so I'm gonna keep up with that or at least until it grows to where I can do some other styles. Its definitely easier to stretch now though. :grin:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
So today I went Thanksgiving shopping with my sister. We got everything we need for next weeks dinner except turkey and ham (my brother is getting that). This will be our first Thanksgiving Holiday without my mom and I hope we do her proud. Good thing I helped her cook (I pretty much did it all) lol for the past 5 years. Anyone else do their food shopping?

HPG

Babygrowth

Babygrowth, I was transitioning! Then my edges wouldn't lay down anymore no matter what I used & walking around with a mini crown fro was not how I gets down lololol! I made it all the way to 29 weeks & then decided to relax. I wound up underprocessing so I still have some waves & texture when its wet. I prefer the texlaxed state so I'm gonna keep up with that or at least until it grows to where I can do some other styles. Its definitely easier to stretch now though. :grin:

Lol. I feel you. I love my texlaxed hair! The best of both worlds really. For me anyway! Thats why I can stretch ridiculously long. I may transition again one day but it would be a long, long transition! Lol. Well feel free to rejoin our buddy group. Most of us are relaxing around mid January.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
So today I went Thanksgiving shopping with my sister. We got everything we need for next weeks dinner except turkey and ham (my brother is getting that). This will be our first Thanksgiving Holiday without my mom and I hope we do her proud. Good thing I helped her cook (I pretty much did it all) lol for the past 5 years. Anyone else do their food shopping?

HPG

I will do my tday shopping this weekend. This will be my first without a giant crowd of 15-20 in laws (divorce). It will be a relief to have one just me, DD and my parents and sibling. I HATED getting up at 5am the last 10 years to cook and clean. I could barely lift my head by the time they got there to eat ~2. Whew!

And even better, I wont have to do my hair HairPleezeGrow!

PS, I'm sure you will do your mother proud!:)

naija24

I think I will be SL (barely) by my next touch up. This harsh cold though makes me afraid that I won't retain though. Argh. My bf suggested braids through the end of winter but every time I get braids I feel like it stunts my growth and dries my hair out.

BonBon

I think I will be SL (barely) by my next touch up. This harsh cold though makes me afraid that I won't retain though. Argh. My bf suggested braids through the end of winter but every time I get braids I feel like it stunts my growth and dries my hair out.

Do you keep your hair moisturised in the braids.

Crown n Glory methods website has a good braid regimen. I haven't worn braids for years but once I started to saturate my braids with braid spray every 2-3 days I maintained my hair really nicely.

I do believe my hair was a little thinner in spots because of the strain when people braid too tightly though -_-

faithVA

I've decided I'm not going to claim SL until the hair on the sides just below my crown hit my shoulders. That hair is just at the bottom of my ear. So I may not be full SL until the end of next year.

Wenbev

doing a prepoo with trader joes nourish condish and grapeseed oil under the heat cap for 20 min. Will cowash and dc on top of a tea rinse for 30 min, flat twist for bed.

BonBon

I've decided I'm not going to claim SL until the hair on the sides just below my crown hit my shoulders. That hair is just at the bottom of my ear. So I may not be full SL until the end of next year.

Yeah. I'm probably the same. Suspect Ill have a mullet like Darkjoy when I straighten:lachen: Will probably cut the longer layer so it fits a bit more with the shorter bits :cry2:

On another positive note I now have the longest struggle hairs in my family:drunk: Now I don't have to have that small worry that I was destined to have shorter hair also. I know what the science is, but it's not encouraging to not have anybody in your family with medium-long hair.:ohwell:

mshoneyfly

yaya24
You may wanna mix your JBCO with coconut oil to thin it out some or if you're just using on the scalp, it may be fine the way it is. I mix mine and its still a pretty thick oil. I recently added some safflower oil to the mix to get the ceramide benefits too.

OAN
I really like that AOGPB. It smells so good!! Kinda smells a lot like Wen 613. Its really moisturizing. I haven't had any breakage and very little shedding since wash day on Sunday. Hair feels strong and moist. I did a final rinse with nettle tea and my hair is so dark and shiny. It was a great wash day!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
mshoneyfly
Sounds like a plan! Except my scalp hates coconut oil lol.
I'll cut it with hempseed oil instead.

Thanks for the idea of mixing it!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Just did a trim or dust whichever one you want to call it. My ends were tangling around each other extremely bad and SSKs galore. I know I don't have to show pic but I'm a firm believer if no pics it never happened lol.

ForumRunner_20131120_170129.jpg

HPG

Trixie58

Family,

So I cut my hair again last night. This guy said he took only an inch off, but I give that a side-eye. To me it looks closer to two. I was SL after my relaxer in October, but I had a trim and then the cut yesterday. I am basically back where I was in August, or maybe slightly shorter.

Yesterday's cut took the ends down even to most of the short pieces that I have been battling since March when my hair broke to the point of demarcation in several random areas. These pieces have gradually grown out, but it has still been frustrating because they were still like an inch or two shorter than the rest of my hair. Now I am closer now to being able to comb it without seeing shorter pieces everywhere. It's mostly just a bob, but he also layered the top a little bit, so the annoying breakage in my crown has some semblance of order. I hate having a shorter crown but there's no quick fix, I just have to keep growing it out. There is some slight layering in the top layer as well, unavoidable because of the breakage. Hopefully it makes my hair rounded since I have a long face. I'm hoping the layers will look nice as my hair grows out.

I know I have advised some of you not to approach broken hair this way (cutting to even it out instead of waiting for it to catch up), but for me this is the only way I stay sane. The key is to hide the pics on my computer from last year when I was below APL :lachen:. Right now it's a little shorter than I want, but with LHCF I have learned to track my progress. After my last cut in August I was back to SL in ten weeks. so I am thinking that I'll be back to SL around February. Sorry it does not look like I will be celebrating SL with the rest of you in December :violin:
Plan is to go no-heat, keep it braided and wig it for the next six months, straightening only a couple times for special occasions. But I have to tell them not to add hair to my braids, I think I got some breakage when I did that in the past.

Would love comments on my cut. xoxo.

Attachments

• November 21_2 2013.JPG
    November 21_2 2013.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 50

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Trixie58

I think the cut looks nice from what I can see. You had to do what you had to do to continue on your HHJ and if that meant a trim or cut then so be it. You won't regret it in the end especially if that was keeping you from progress. We will all more than likely see you in the SL 2014 thread so no worries.

HPG

I just washed with unleash curls and conditioned with luv naturals conditioner. To lazy to deep condition I hope I'll be alright... Now air drying !!!

Queensheba88

Today I cowshed my hair with the Shea moisture restorative conditioner and herbal essences long term relationship mixed w. Olive/coconut oil my hair feels nice and soft....wiggling it today

SingBrina

Cowashed with As I Am. Made me upset because my hair was dryer than the norm. I didn't use a lot either. .. ill give it another shot and use more and leave it on my hair for 10 minutes too before rinsing I did bigger bantu knots and can't wait to see how it will turn out tomorrow. I wish I could wake up and be mbl. But the journey to get there is fun so nvm lol

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Cowashed with As I Am. Made me upset because my hair was dryer than the norm. I didn't use a lot either. .. ill give it another shot and use more and leave it on my hair for 10 minutes too before rinsing I did bigger bantu knots and can't wait to see how it will turn out tomorrow. I wish I could wake up and be mbl. But the journey to get there is fun so nvm lol

Girl we all wish that. It will be reality one day though. I did my girls hair in bantu knots last night. I'm going to leave them in and take then down Sunday for church. I'm hoping it comes out nice. FX!

HPG

mschristine

Got a trim yesterday to get rid of some rough ends and shape up my nape. My hair is feeling better and looking great. I need to invest in a hooded dryer and rollers..looks like that will be my early Christmas present to myself

faithVA

Do you usually leave it on for long periods. I would swear I saw a warning stating not to leave the cleansing products on the hair for more than 4 minutes.