SL 2014

faithVA

Insomnia so just posting a post relaxer pic. SO said it has grown back since my traumatic trim in Sept so that's good. I think inversion worked for me last month. However, the front is still disappointing and will probably take a few more relaxers to be satisfactory. U can't tell from the pic but its still too heavy on the top and I want it to feel as thick as it did before my trim (SMH). My rant for the nite.

White shirt is August and orange shirt is current. Also posting my pic from about a year ago!

Fabulous growth and retention. And also very inspiring. Thank You for sharing.

faithVA

Looked at some old pictures. It looks like my hair right now is the same length as it was in October 2010. And I think I claimed SL in July 2011. I had a really nice length by September. Hopefully my regimen is better this time around and I can duplicate that or do better :yep:.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
faithVA I see you mention your setback but missed what had actually happened? Do you mind resharing?

You will have that fluffy luscious 'fro! Actually it has filled in lots since I've been round these parts. Its a patience game! You've been doing a great job.

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];20767461]faithVA I see you mention your setback but missed what had actually happened? Do you mind resharing?

You will have that fluffy luscious 'fro! Actually it has filled in lots since I've been round these parts. Its a patience game! You've been doing a great job.

You know I don't mind sharing. Last October I went to a natural stylist to get a rollerset. They shampooed my hair with Jane Carter's whatever shampoo and I don't know what DC they used. My hair is really picky about shampoo and then you have to have a really lush conditioner to combat the shampoo. So my hair was shrunken crazy to my head. I think she stripped my ends trying to detangle my hair. She finger combed first but :nono:

My hair seemed fine the first week but over the next few weeks my ends started to tangle and it got worse and worse. So over the past year, I have had to search and destroy each wash day to cut out the splits. Otherwise I would have had to start all over. It was a hassle.

I also did damage of my own before that of trying to wear a puff too soon and damaging the hair in the back. I've had to cut that several times. It is just now starting to recover.

It has filled in a lot. Hopefully adding some length will give me some nice full styles. My hair is already healthier than it was in 2010. My bald spot was just starting to gain momentum then.

Evolving78

You know I don't mind sharing. Last October I went to a natural stylist to get a rollerset. They shampooed my hair with Jane Carter's whatever shampoo and I don't know what DC they used. My hair is really picky about shampoo and then you have to have a really lush conditioner to combat the shampoo. So my hair was shrunken crazy to my head. I think she stripped my ends trying to detangle my hair. She finger combed first but :nono: My hair seemed fine the first week but over the next few weeks my ends started to tangle and it got worse and worse. So over the past year, I have had to search and destroy each wash day to cut out the splits. Otherwise I would have had to start all over. It was a hassle. I also did damage of my own before that of trying to wear a puff too soon and damaging the hair in the back. I've had to cut that several times. It is just now starting to recover. It has filled in a lot. Hopefully adding some length will give me some nice full styles. My hair is already healthier than it was in 2010. My bald spot was just starting to gain momentum then.
we will be getting off of this setback train soon!

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
That really was painful and thanks for sharing (again) faithVA. Each setback is a learning experience. We've all been there and you are recovering well!

As an aside, those Jane Carter products are atrocious and expensive! I've had the EXACT same crispifying :look: experience with 3 products in that line: the setting lotion spray, some curl cream and a condish. In each case it took a couple weeks to get moisture back in my strands. Ugh. Never again. :nono:

faithVA

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];20767921]That really was painful and thanks for sharing (again) faithVA. Each setback is a learning experience. We've all been there and you are recovering well!

As an aside, those Jane Carter products are atrocious and expensive! I've had the EXACT same crispifying :look: experience with 3 products in that line: the setting lotion spray, some curl cream and a condish. In each case it took a couple weeks to get moisture back in my strands. Ugh. Never again. :nono:

I know. Those Jane Carter products look so enticing. She came out with that new hydrating line and I was so tempted. But my inner big sister told me to go home and leave that stuff alone :lol:

I never bought the shampoo but I did try a few things. I couldn't figure out most of them.

You should be able to put your hair strand next to a bottle and it tell you yes or no :lol:

I still want to get a deva cut when my hair reaches SL since I have such a wacky shape. But now I'm sort of gun shy about the whole salon thing. We shall see. I have a hispanic lady that does my eyebrows. I may just do a curlformer set and let her even me up a bit. I trust her.

Babygrowth

I can't get with this postpartum life! I still have some thickness and length but this still almost freaked me out. 4 weeks of shed hair. And I know I will have some more after I wash and deep condition. Going under a wig for 4 weeks then will reveal in December. Treating myself to a Dominican blowout!

ForumRunner_20141114_104653.jpg

ForumRunner_20141114_104711.jpg

I used my son's nite lite as a reference. :lol:

Evolving78

I can't get with this postpartum life! I still have some thickness and length but this still almost freaked me out. 4 weeks of shed hair. And I know I will have some more after I wash and deep condition. Going under a wig for 4 weeks then will reveal in December. Treating myself to a Dominican blowout! I used my son's nite lite as a reference. :lol:
I just stopped losing that amount of hair! I was losing that amount every wash day. Just hang in there!

faithVA

I've been keeping my hair in the same flat twist style for a month at a time. This has been good for me mentally. When I tried flat twisting all twist to the crown in August my twist just barely met so I needed some extension hair. Did the same style Friday and was able to join the twist and tuck them under with no problem. :yay: actually looking forward to my length check in December.

Babygrowth

I remember a time when I couldn't even wash my hair in braids without them unraveling. Not anymore! Cowashed today in Celie's and no unraveling. Awesome!

faithVA

[USER=337285 said:
Babygrowth[/USER];20786449]I remember a time when I couldn't even wash my hair in braids without them unraveling. Not anymore! Cowashed today in Celie's and no unraveling. Awesome!

You are sooo lucky :lol: I am waiting to get there myself :yep:

Evolving78

I've been keeping my hair in the same flat twist style for a month at a time. This has been good for me mentally. When I tried flat twisting all twist to the crown in August my twist just barely met so I needed some extension hair. Did the same style Friday and was able to join the twist and tuck them under with no problem. :yay: actually looking forward to my length check in December.
that is a great accomplishment!

hnntrr

Length check. I think it's safe to say that I am almost full SL (back of head,crown, nake) on the back? The front (temples, forehead) is about chin length now.

Making good progress.

I dont know what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 51

faithVA

Length check. I think it's safe to say that I am almost full SL (back of head,crown, nake) on the back? The front (temples, forehead) is about chin length now.

Making good progress.

I dont know what do you guys think?

You are definitely SL. Congratulations!

Last edited:

Queensheba88

I will still stay in this challange until may 2015 my sides and bangs need to catch up before i can claim full shoulder length it agitates me because i at least want to get them to collar bone length to be satisfied. I plan on doing wigs with closures and scalp messages to get over the hump. Hoping for full SL in 2015