**Rollersetting 2012 Challenge**

Ltown

Greyland
I caved and ordered Macherie's DVD lol.
I'll report back on whether it's helpful for me. I've been setting over a year on and off but haven't gotten a proper technique down so i feel like it was time to try a learning tool.
Crosses fingers that the DVD is helpful, it's $10 now...

SerenavanderWoodsen, i found the video i need rollersetting help bad:lol:

Last edited:

Angelicus

Just wanted to say that everyone's hair is so beautiful. I love roller setting my hair. Today I used the gray 2" rollers for a straight set. I hope I can flat iron this new growth and be at work on time... :lol:

@SerenavanderWoodsen, i found the video i need rollersetting help bad:lol:

Oh I should have posted the link but I see you got it :D.
Anyway, my sets have gotten SO much better since 2 things: Macherie's dvd and working in better lighting lol.
The whole time I was working in a shadowy corner and now that I've upgraded to the bathroom lol my sets are sooooooooo much better along with the invaluable tips from Macherie.
Huge difference now. I finally get it after a year of setting.

Last edited:

blackberry815

Is anyone adding moisturizer to wet hair before setting? Any difference in moisture levels from using moisturizer on wet hair vs waiting til after the set dries? I usually use water and leave ins only but I would like to see how it comes out different adding a little bit of moisturizer before I roll

Nyssa28

blackberry815 said:
Is anyone adding moisturizer to wet hair before setting? Any difference in moisture levels from using moisturizer on wet hair vs waiting til after the set dries? I usually use water and leave ins only but I would like to see how it comes out different adding a little bit of moisturizer before I roll

blackberry815 I tried it, but it was too poofy once dried and styled.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using LHCF

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I did a rollerset last night. I. LURVE. IT! I am going to get a touch-up this weekend, so that will help with my poofy roots, LOL!

QueenRoller

Nyssa28 said:
blackberry815 I tried it, but it was too poofy once dried and styled.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using LHCF

Yes, I do this all the time! I do think it makes a difference. I use something with a good consistency like As I Am Double Butter Creme. I would prefer using Shea Butter, but I don't like that consistency on wet hair. I apply the Shea Butter after it's dry. So I apply moisturizer before and after.

Just a tip for ladies who have trouble getting the sides and back dry even after a long sit under the dryer because the air just won't get into those regions. Apart from throwing a large towel over the dryer itself and letting it hang on all sides to keep the air in, I've found that using mesh rollers in all the hard to dry areas will help tremendously and you'll have no wet spots. I use a combo of the french mesh and some junky mesh from sally's and they both dry beautifully in those areas in the back and down low where the dryer heat has trouble getting to. I use magnetic everywhere else.