**Rollersetting 2012 Challenge**

KaramelDiva1978

Hi ladies I've been rollersetting heavily since I went back to a relaxer in June. This one is my favorite though.

ForumRunner_20121002_055428.jpg

Loving my length just wanted to share. Finishing the quarter strong!

Angelicus

I am still trying t find out if Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion is working for me. I've been wrapping my hair so I haven't been able to tell if it helps keep the curl or not.

I think I will do without it for this roller set day-- I'll try it on Saturday and see what happens...

niknakmac

Moved on to bigger rollers this week. I still had alot of pretty curls, my set lasted 3 days the rainy damp weather caused the fall. I think i may even go bigger with the rollers this weekend.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
it came out really nice. it was duller than usual but still pretty shiny over all. my hair is so soft! it feels a bit producty though. the results remind me of when i rollerset my hair with rusk smoother back in the day with a little less crunch. Id recommend it to anyone with alot of new growth or even natural hair.

the real test will be how it holds up during the week. i think i might even pass up my beloved razac leave in conditioner for this! ill post pictures later in the week.

my hair felt too coated which is a shame because it worked so well. my hair just didnt have the lightness and bounce i was used to. this might be a good alternative for naturals though who want a smooth set. my hair stayed straight for the whole week but the curls fell after 3 days.

ctosha

For those of you who use the ponytail method what type of ponytail holders are being used, is that area wet after wards where the ponytail holders were?

I think this will be the option I will use. I want to show some lenght with my natural hair but not use direct heat at the same time. Seems to be a win win with rollersetting.

Blairx0

^^I never considered ponytail rollersetting as a natural. I will be interested to see the replies.

chelleypie810

I was rollersetting at one point but my dryer sucked and i never bought a more expensive one out of the fear that I wouldnt use it regularly. What tutorial are you guys using to do rollersets properly. I'm about an inch away from apl, whereas before I was neck length trying to do them. TIA.

Blairx0

H0tPinkButtafly

For those of you who use the ponytail method what type of ponytail holders are being used, is that area wet after wards where the ponytail holders were?

I think this will be the option I will use. I want to show some lenght with my natural hair but not use direct heat at the same time. Seems to be a win win with rollersetting.

I use those little black rubber bands that have 100 in a bag. Yes the area is usually still wet after the rest of my hair has dried. It takes a little longer but maybe it depends on the size of the section

So I stopped rollersetting for about a month to a month and a half :( because I was working tons of hrs and had no time. I was flat ironing probably twice a week *cringe* instead and my hair has already suffered because of it. It looks like sh*t if I try to wash and go now lol. I'm giving it a break now by wearing braidout and early next week it's back to rollersets.
I think I'm also going to try "silk wrapping" soon...

@Oasis, I've been rollersetting for about one year now and it's still quite tricky for me but not like those first few months :lol:. Try using the rollers with snap on covers for some areas...
These videos were helpful for me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2AX8KHMJyQ&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkb7RAW3ssY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6maZ1ITpFE&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28AUJFSYRyU&feature=plcp

A helpful fotki from a member here kblc06, she uses the snap on rollers.
http://public.fotki.com/kblc06/new-hair-year-2-jan/wet-rollerset-tutor/#media

Also I would be NOWHERE without these clips. The regular clips are a MESS for me :lol:
MisKibibi uses these in the vid above.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Metal-Clips/SBS-292509,default,pd.html

Last edited:

bebezazueta

Last week I rollerset with my French bouffant rollers and this week I decided to rollerset with my Diane plastic mesh rollers! It took me 5 minutes to detangle, apply leave ins & section my hair and a record 20 minutes to rollerset my hair using 23 rollers! I'm getting faster YAY! I should open up a rollersetting bar.

Evolving78

i have been using hot rollers once a week and to maintain the style, i have been using flexi rods. i might roll my hair the traditional way today if i feel like it.

bebezazueta

KaramelDiva1978 said:
Hi ladies I've been rollersetting heavily since I went back to a relaxer in June. This one is my favorite though.

Loving my length just wanted to share. Finishing the quarter strong!

Beautiful job lady!

bebezazueta

Napp said:
my hair felt too coated which is a shame because it worked so well. my hair just didnt have the lightness and bounce i was used to. this might be a good alternative for naturals though who want a smooth set. my hair stayed straight for the whole week but the curls fell after 3 days.

Yes love it! Those are my fave rollers. I have some in right now.

Blairx0

I just bought some boot leg curl formers so I plan on streching my hair via rollers or formers/flexi rods all through the winter. I am hoping this keeps SSK at bay

shortt29

H0tPinkButtafly said:
I use those little black rubber bands that have 100 in a bag. Yes the area is usually still wet after the rest of my hair has dried. It takes a little longer but maybe it depends on the size of the section

I use the same ones or the small clear plastic bands and my hair is never still wet...I make sure the rolled hair ant the hair at the roots are completely dry

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Ooooooooweeeeeeeeeee there are some beautiful heads of hair in here!!! You girls are inspirational!!

I'm back on the bandwagon!! Temps have begun to cool a bit to the lower to mid 80's with less humidity, so I can start back setting!!

I will do my first rollerset for the season after church today. I'll resume my regular Thurs & Sun routine.

Glad to be back!! :wave:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm trying to set weekly without fail. I tend to get less breakage throughout the week with sleek hair vs. textured hair that accompanies air drying.

topnotch1010, do you wear your hair throughout the week after setting or put it in an updo?

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
It depends on the weather. I try to wear the set throughout the week, wrapping every night. If it's raining or it gets wet, I bun.

Do you wear your sets for a week or are you doing a updo combo?

divachyk

Hyacinthe

i wanna join this challenge and learn a few tips on how to get a smooth rollerset.
I just took off my "training wheels",I used to do pony tail rollersets but today i finally did a set without rubberbands. Im pretty excited about that cause I was always so worried about breakage with the bands. its not the best set but its improvement lol.
i will be setting after every wash which is usually once a week sometime twice a week.
will post some pics if its not 2 embarrassing:blush:

shortt29

Hyacinthe said:
i wanna join this challenge and learn a few tips on how to get a smooth rollerset.
I just took off my "training wheels",I used to do pony tail rollersets but today i finally did a set without rubberbands. Im pretty excited about that cause I was always so worried about breakage with the bands. its not the best set but its improvement lol.
i will be setting after every wash which is usually once a week sometime twice a week.
will post some pics if its not 2 embarrassing:blush:

I can't wait until I'm able to take the training wheels off! I'm almost 8 months into my transition so I don't see them coming off anytime soon. Lol

Hyacinthe

I can't wait until I'm able to take the training wheels off! I'm almost 8 months into my transition so I don't see them coming off anytime soon. Lol

You will get there...my rollersets make me :lachen:
im glad that i can see the humor in my errors.
ive been scoping thru the thread and i already found some great tips yay:clapping:

chelleypie810

for you ladies with stand up dryers how do you put the adjustable piece into the spring area? I have it all set up besides the part. Do you push it into the spring or what? my instructions were garbage so i thought maybe some of you ladies would know.

TIA!

ETA: NVM!!! figured it out.

Last edited: