**Rollersetting 2012 Challenge**

Blairx0

I roller set and I'm natural. I know I am type four, but which gradation I'm not sure. My roots don't get that straight but my ssk issue is gone. And I can wear my hair up or down and enjoy less shrinkage

Blairx0

Blair, do you use a setting lotion?

Admittedly I have only been at this for about 3 months. I roll on freshly deep conditioned hair. I use a diluted giovanni direct leave in and Jane carter wrap and roll. While I like it I will likely shop around. I keep my hair wet with a spray bottle. The one Setting lotion I tried was too icky for me.

chelleypie810

just did my first rollerset in like 3 1/2 yrs. it came out ok...def not as good as the salons...but I know it takes practice...I also think I used too much protein and not enough moisture

gabulldawg

I washed and DC'ed my hair and tried to rollerset my hair last night using the large purple and grey rollers... MAJOR fail. :sad: I couldn't get the parting right and the rollers weren't taught enough. :ohwell: So I just let it airdry. I may cowash this afternoon and just do a rollerset with the green magnetic rollers. I was trying to go for more of a straight/sleek look rather than a curly look. Oh well.

gabulldawg

Sitting under the dryer now with my trusted green magnetic rollers. Maybe I'll try to roller wrap it to loosen the curls.

Hyacinthe

I rollerset my hair after I deep conditioned tonight.
It took FOREVER to get the rollers in my hair and my arms were burning,I need to lift some weights:lol:
s/o to EbonyCprincess I Checked out her tutorial on her website and it was so easy to follow
She was a great help though my rollers werent taut enough,it is by far the best rollerset that Ive done,under the dryer as I type this,will return to post my results.

gabulldawg

I'm loving this set!!!!!! So soft and bouncy. I did a makeshift roller wrap to loosen the curls and I love the waves it produced! Also as the days go by the waves loosen more, so i'm thinking eventually it will just be straight with body. I need my own hooded dryer! I have to borrow mil's when I want to set. :ohwell: I'd definitely do it more often if I had my own.

loveafterwar

I plan on doing my first roller set tonight. I have lotta body, argan oil foam, leave in conditioner, and some serum. When you mix your spray bottle do you add everything inside with the water or do you add each thing individually with each section before you roll it?

gabulldawg

@gabulldawg - Do you wrap it every night?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using LHCF

Yes I have been. I didn't last night because I was too tired. :lol: I like how long it lasted, though. It would've lasted longer if I'd have wrapped it last night. But it was really tangled when I woke up because I didn't even comb my hair out before I tied it up. :ohwell:

I caved and ordered Macherie's DVD lol.
I'll report back on whether it's helpful for me. I've been setting over a year on and off but haven't gotten a proper technique down so i feel like it was time to try a learning tool.
Crosses fingers that the DVD is helpful, it's $10 now...

Also my hair is getting very long now, my ends are wispy but my hair is still past waist now so rollersetting is even more difficult. I need a trim but I promised no trims till 2013 and I think I still won't trim till mid year. I want to see if these ends fill in.

So I watched the rollersetting portion of Macherie's DVD. I did get some seemingly useful tips out of it. It was nice seeing a pro like her have the same issues setting as I do lol, it wasn't absolutely perfect as I imagined lol. Gonna do my first set tonight since watching the DVD. I will report back as to how it worked for me.
I would definitely recommend the DVD if you're having issues with setting.

sharifeh Endless ones :nono:
Clip placement issues, parting issues, not enough room on my head for the rollers issues, not tight enough rolling issues.. some of my sets are agony and some are easy lol.

So I found the set much more efficient since watching Macherie's DVD. I was able to roll much tighter and fit all the rollers on my head too! I had some trouble on my right side toward the back because I find it more awkward for some reason but I found the DVD to help tremendously. It was like it all makes some kind of sense now since seeing her do it :lol:. And also seeing that she had some the same issues I have that I didn't see addressed on YT vids ( like getting them to fit on your head).
I would recommend the DVD for anyone who wants to learn how to set or who's been setting a while and still hasn't gotten the hang of it properly ( me lol).

Nyssa28

A few rollersets from the last couple of months. The last two pics are of me today with a rollerset I did on Sunday.

ETA - Please pardon the bushy brows.

Attachments

• IMAG1244.jpg
    IMAG1244.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG1256.jpg
    IMAG1256.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG1376.jpg
    IMAG1376.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMAG1526.jpg
    IMAG1526.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG1527.jpg
    IMAG1527.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 64

lushlady

I rollerset my hair on Thanksgiving morning and got a few compliments on my hair that day. I think I like the rollers that come with the cover vs using the clip. I am able to get my roots smoother with those.