Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

MJ

Did I miss something, but is Oprah's curly hair a weave. I could just smack myself silly, I thought it was real.

LadyChe said:
I'm IN!

Goals for 2005:
1) Find a way NOT to be busy every hour of the day.
2) Consistency on Vitamin regimen - I may try the liquid versions, I hear they're 30-40% more effective than pills...
3) Protective styling - hmmm, I may have to jump on the Oprah bandwagon and get a cute curly sew in. I am LOVING her hair right now.
4) Consistent products - awww heck. That's NEVER going to happen. How about I just say no new products until 2005? (10 days, LAWD give me strength!!!)

NGC

I'm in. I'l develop a routine by the first.
I want to include doing the Nexxus Omnipak and using henna in it, that much I know.

LondonDiva

OK I'm in on this. I usually stay away from challenges and go it alone, but what more help between friends?

I have a pretty good regime already going. I alway wear my hair in a bun flat iron once a week around month 3 or 4 post touch up.

Relax every 5 months

Surge twice a day

Wash my hair every 2-3 days

Take my Freeda Biotin Daily

I will add to this
More fruit smoothies with added fresh ginger.
A liquid zinc supplement added to this

Get back on the Twinlabs liquid Amino Fuel for extra protein

More exercise (only in the form of dance)

Much more water. I want to look like that 104 year old lady in the OT thread.

Basic nurturing and TLC.

I will be taking pics at the beginning of the year, and scan them into my fotki account at some point. THAT'S A PROMISE, TO ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ASKED!

My goal is 5-6 more inches and overall healthy hair.

Any hair dyeing I do will only be semi perm jet black to deposit colour not strip.

More than anything is to get the bottom half of my hair a lot more even and healthier for a 'hopeful' blunt cut at the end of the year.

MelsWifey

Hair Fanatic
DSD, you can count me in as well!!!

My hair goal for this year is to be totally self sufficient, and maintain healthy hair while retaining growth w/o the help of a stylist. I want to do my own relaxing, dusting, trimming, braids, and sew-ins...

The plan is to:
* Wear braids and sew-ins until 2006 and continue with the regimens I have to coincide with each style.
* Relax 4 times a year (every 12-13 weeks)
* Lightly dust with each relaxer, and trim once a year (if needed)
* Continue on Vits, no direct heat, and mega moisture
* Most importantly to live healthier all around and have fun with it :).

jaded_faerie

Ok i am definately hopping on this bandwagon..

I hope to grow atleast 1/2-1in per month....
I will do so, by wearing weaves for 6 weeks at a time...and trimming every 3 months if needed.
relax hair every 3 months...
exercise 3-5x a week
start taking my multivitamin and biotin religiously
surge everyday!
wash, and deep condition once a week.

stacy

Okay. I'm in. My products and 2005 regimen are in my sig. I'm due for a touch-up, so I will post pics after that. I think I'm also going to need a new wig! Now, where's that Especially Yours catalog :think:

thatscuteright

I am in. Seeing how quickly the years are flying, I want to protect my hair for the entire year. Absolultey no heat, and I plan to just keep my hair in some sort of braided style.

NewYorkgyrl

Count me in too! This will be very interesting since I am on the 6 Month Baggie Challenge as well. I hope that I can reach bra strap by the end of next year!
As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures I will be able to show monthly updates.

HAPPY HAIR GROWING!!!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
LondonDiva said:
OK I'm in on this. I usually stay away from challenges and go it alone, but what more help between friends?

I have a pretty good regime already going. I alway wear my hair in a bun flat iron once a week around month 3 or 4 post touch up.

Relax every 5 months

Surge twice a day

Wash my hair every 2-3 days

Take my Freeda Biotin Daily

I will add to this
More fruit smoothies with added fresh ginger.
A liquid zinc supplement added to this

Get back on the Twinlabs liquid Amino Fuel for extra protein

More exercise (only in the form of dance)

Much more water. I want to look like that 104 year old lady in the OT thread.

Basic nurturing and TLC.

I will be taking pics at the beginning of the year, and scan them into my fotki account at some point. THAT'S A PROMISE, TO ALL THOSE THAT HAVE ASKED!

My goal is 5-6 more inches and overall healthy hair.

Any hair dyeing I do will only be semi perm jet black to deposit colour not strip.

More than anything is to get the bottom half of my hair a lot more even and healthier for a 'hopeful' blunt cut at the end of the year.
Can't wait to see those pics!! Good Luck!!

hotshot

im in! i guess this coincides with the big trim growout challenge. im going to be in twists or braids for most of winter, I believe. ive gotten my products down pat and i have a good growth rate. im ready to RETAIN!!

Princess4real

Hey wait for me! I'm want in and I promise to perm my every 12 to 15 weeks, use Salerm 21 and I just started the Surge revitalizer on Tuesday 12/21/04. I can't wait until I get to the 14th day to see if I see any new growth. I wear my hair down almost all the time so whoever gave the advice about spraying the Surge on your scalp and then wrapping it up so it won't be nappy. Thank you it works!!!! I love the bone straight look. :babyb:

DatJerseyDyme

I'll join..be back later to post my goals/regimine/etc.

ETA:

I'll basically be doing the following:

Pretreat w/ warm honey, evoo, conditioner
Shampoo w/ Therappe
Condition w/ Humectress/Keraphix
Headress and dry (braid out, wet bun, rollerset)

My goals are:
1.) Perfect the rollerset
2.) Use little direct heat (flat iron)
3.) Be comfortably at the bottom of b/s

Last edited:

love2praz

I'm definitely in. I've finally reached shoulder length all way around and now I'm ready to proceed past my shoulders.

Cincysweetie

I am in too! I am going to commit myself to covering my hair every night, sticking with my vitamin routine, increase my water intake and continue on with my exercise routine. I am also going to stick to protective styles and keeping my hair moisturized. No heat! I will add some photos in about 2 weeks when I get back to school.

Ayeshia

Im in!!!! I only plan to use heat twice in 2005...blowouts only for trims :)
Starting New Years Day I plan to take all of my vitamins that I bought this year that I havent been consistent with.
Ummmm what else? oh yeah definitely more water and keep my hair manipulation to a minimum :) Other than that I want my puff to be HUGE this time next year :clap:

kammie

I'd like to join. I mostly lurk, but this forum has saved my hair. I'm hoping to retain 6 inches of growth this year by continuing my current regimen: washing and conditioning at least twice a week, protective styling, minimal heat, constant moisturising. I'm looking forward to summer when I'll have enough hair to really rock some braidouts! :)

SingingStar12

Im in too! I will
+ massage my scalp more
+ drink more water
+ exercise more
+ moisturize and wear my hair in more protective styles
+ grow out my layers

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Good Luck ladies!!
I don't think I want to join a growth challenge again this year as I'm pretty sure I'll grow the same as I always have, but I'll be interested in the monthly updates to this thread to motivate me to be more gentle with my hair. Right now my main focus is to take better care of my ends and stop pulling my tangles apart!

Rachel

I've lingered long enough. Please count me in.
Focusing on retention I hope to be at top of bra strap by Dec. 2005.
Currently an inch or two below shoulders, layered.
Hopefully by now and then I'll decide whether I'm transitioning or stretching out my relaxer. (Last relaxer May 2004)

- Rachel

sweetcakes14

Count me in! I love a challenge. I plan on continuing some of things that I have been doing.

- Moisturize my hair twice a day
- Maintain protective styles at least 5 days a week
- Do the Baggie Method at night time.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Continue taking my GNC Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins
- Alternate weekly between light protein (Aubrey Organics) and Moisturizing conditioners (Salerm Wheat Germ)
- Continue my conditioner washes every Saturday
- Detangle only with conditioner in my hair!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THE CHALLENGE

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I can't remember if I post or not. But I am in either way.

I plan to try and take a vitamin and drink protein shakes more often.
Drink more water.
Moisturize hair especially ends.
Do more frequent dusting.
Find another way to wear hair up for bedtime.
Continuing surging for another 3 months or until new bottle runs out.