TAILBONE LENGTH CHALLENGE 2010

LadyPaniolo

^^^ You can always put them up on the barter board. You get to clear out some space and someone else gets to try the powders at a discount.

AngelDoll

I will post my starting pic tomorrow. My regimen will be very simple;

co-wash weekly
shampoo every 2 weeks
moisturize with coconut oil
bun or pony tail
direct heat about three times a year
MVI daily

For some reason I no longer have to prepoo or deep condition my hair.

Good luck ladies, we can do it!!!!!!

ladies , any more starting pics to post?

curlycue

This is my starting pic. I took this a month ago.

AngelDoll

Here is my starting pic which was taken 12/7/09. Hopefully I reach TBL by December 2010.:crossfingers:

Happy hair growing!!!!!:fairy:

jupitermoon

I'll try. I'm going for a trim soon and am debating having my hair straightened for the trim due to risk of heat damage....

Starting:

biancaelyse

I'm very inspired ladies. My immediate goal is WL but now I want tailbone length too. I have some new hair toys so my ponytails and buns will be more interesting!!

Irresistible

I'll try. I'm going for a trim soon and am debating having my hair straightened for the trim due to risk of heat damage....

Starting:
ok adding u to the challenge Celina, looks like at least your longest point or layer is TBL already, not sure if you are full, you might wanna check on that soon .....hehe.......but for now I got you in, if you find out later you are 'full' TBL just let us know:yep:

LadyPaniolo

CelinaStarr, you ARE TBL already! :love: I can only imagine how awesome your hair is going to look at full TBL :lovedrool:

jupitermoon

Thank you ladies. The longest is tailbone but my hair grows in the dreaded u shape. My sides are around hip length. That's why I really want my hair trimmed straightened so that I can even it up, but am afraid of heat damage.

Lucia

Starting:

You should straighten for the trim ( and show them where you want your hair to fall when they're finished, I have a whole thing in my blog on this please read it before you go)
unless you're going to a curl expert like DEva curl. You don't have to get it bone straight just blow out straight and make sure they cut less off then cause it's not as straight or showing true full length.

They will not know what to do with your natural hair, or how to cut it, they'll wet it pull it straight and cut it like naturally straight hair, cutting off way too much hair and all the wonderful progress you made this year will be gone. and some of your longer hairs are already touching TBL
Girl Don't do it!

Last edited:

jupitermoon

You should straighten for the trim unless your going to a curl expert like DEva curl, they will not know what to do with your hair, or how to cut it, they'll wet it pull it straight and cut it like naturally straight hair, cutting off way too much hair and ou wonderful progress you made this year will be gone. and some of your longer hairs are already touching TBL------>
Girl Don't do it!

Okay. :yep: But how can I avoid heat damage? My hair already doesn't curl very well.

Lucia

Okay. :yep: But how can I avoid heat damage? My hair already doesn't curl very well.

You could trim it yourself using Feye's method (click on the links under the pic of the type of cut you want) you might still have to straighten for it to work though.
To straighten: Use a heat protectant, you can use the tension blow dry(use a brush or comb to pull length out while diffusing your hair) to slightly straighten the hair, it wont be straight, then you could lightly flat iron it on low heat, in small-medium sections. It will give you a blow out look.

Another way is just to do blow out with a blow dryer and a comb attachment or paddle brush on low-medium heat. But seriously I don't trust anybody to trim my hair natural, I always straighten for a real trim even though I do them myself. If you must go to someone read my blog on trimming and haircuts please it will help a lot. HTH

My blog entry on haircuts trims
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/blog.php?b=3317

Feye's self trim guide

http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim

Last edited:

yamilee21

... AngelDoll...do you have a fotki?

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!

What Spiffy said; I was looking at your starting picture and thinking, "why haven't I seen more pictures of her hair?" That collage in your siggy isn't cutting it; the pictures are too small. :lol:

Lucia

I really wish I cold join this challenge, I'll just lurk and give support. Happy hair growing ladies

Mz.MoMo5235

You could trim it yourself using Feye's method (click on the links under the pic of the type of cut you want) you might still have to straighten for it to work though.
To straighten: Use a heat protectant, you can use the tension blow dry(use a brush or comb to pull length out while diffusing your hair) to slightly straighten the hair, it wont be straight, then you could lightly flat iron it on low heat, in small-medium sections. It will give you a blow out look.

Another way is just to do blow out with a blow dryer and a comb attachment or paddle brush on low-medium heat. But seriously I don't trust anybody to trim my hair natural, I always straighten for a real trim even though I do them myself. If you must go to someone read my blog on trimming and haircuts please it will help a lot. HTH

My blog entry on haircuts trims
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/blog.php?b=3317

Feye's self trim guide

http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim

YES!!! CelinaStarr, for the love of all that is long and curly, listen to this woman!!!

you dont want to make the same mistake i made and go from this-

to this-

in a matter of 15min!!!!

Lucia

MzMoMo,
Did you even ask for your hair to be cut that much shorter, did you tell the stylist what you wanted or did you just say trim or even it up and they did what they wanted? TIA

Mz.MoMo5235

this is what happened!!!!

i go to MY FRIEND who cuts hair for a trim... a trim that was planned and talked about for almost 3 weeks lol.

i ask her to be honest and touch on my back where she thinks i need it cut (cause i felt like my ends were kinda of raggedy), now i was thinking "oh god she's gonna tell me like 3 inches i know it" but instead... she says "well if you want my total honesty, here.." and touches like the middle of my freakin neck!

now i know what you're thinking! at that point i should have said "no what, never mind" but instead i say "girl you're crazy! why would i do that?" and she says cause i have a lot of short hairs (sounds oddly like your blog right?) and i say no and then i take a piece of hair and show her like about 2 inches. she then grabs the same piece of hair, exactly where i left it and she says "ok, if that's what you want".

she proceeds to cut while we're talking and then she says she's done and i reach my hand back to feel my new crisp ends and WHAT??? I CANT FEEL MY HAIR! i then look at the floor and my jaw drops...

and that's how i got my 5, possibly 6 inch trim lol

AngelDoll

Me too! :love:

AngelDoll...do you have a fotki?

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!

Thank you very much. No, I do not have a fotki. I periodically post progress pics here on LHCF.

What Spiffy said; I was looking at your starting picture and thinking, "why haven't I seen more pictures of her hair?" That collage in your siggy isn't cutting it; the pictures are too small. :lol:

I will try to post larger progress pics the next time.:oops:

Also, just wanted to say that all of you ladies have some gorgeous hair!!!!!:yep:

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Are you still on speaking terms? :look:

lol yeah we still talk, our cubicles at work are right next to each other. but for like 4 days after i didnt talk to her and then we went like a month with out ever mentioning the hair cut. she knew that nite i was upset with how much she cut... not for the cut its self but because i was very clear as to what i wanted.

i actually wasnt really mad about the cut. after having so many bad cuts and crying over hair through out my life, once i almost hit hl and got that chop i was more like "man, now i have to start over". its like once i really learned how to take care of my hair, i knew it would grow back so it wasnt as devastating as past bad cuts you know? i dont know if that makes sense lol

we actually joke about it now. every time i see her with scissors i scream hair abuse... she threatens the rest of my friends with bad hair cuts...

she's still convinced that one day she'll be out somewhere and get jumped by a bunch of hair board chicks lmao