Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Has anyone used avocado as a protein treatment?

i used to do this. avocado, egg, yogurt and olive or almond oil .

my hair was soft. its not hard protein ( the yogurt makes it feel like hard protein and càn strip if you dont use oil with it).

i likef it though. i used to do this mix every week on my first natural journey.

i rememener i used to moisturize with glycerin, water and almond oil. my hair was so soft ( i didnt know i needed to seal though, now i know).

s curl gel is still my staple. it makes my hair moisturized.

coolsista-paris I stopped birth control a while back. To many issues. My health has been better overall since.

i hope for me too. it will take long to see total changements as i only stopped in february after taking it for years.
i have high blood pressure, some birth conr pills are not good in this case.

im gonna ve mixing lots of smoothies (fruits and veggie).
i need protein but: im not a fan of meat, nor milk, nor yogurts......,

i need to find protein somewhere else. seems i dont like things that have it

i used to do this. avocado, egg, yogurt and olive or almond oil .

my hair was soft. its not hard protein ( the yogurt makes it feel like hard protein and càn strip if you dont use oil with it).

i likef it though. i used to do this mix every week on my first natural journey.

i rememener i used to moisturize with glycerin, water and almond oil. my hair was so soft ( i didnt know i needed to seal though, now i know).

s curl gel is still my staple. it makes my hair moisturized.

Ok..I am gonna try the avocado oil.
and egg tomorrow....thanks for reminding me about s curl!!!! It really did a good job at moisturizing...though I have never tried the gel.
I have glycerin too..May need to try that

I used the Loreal Sleek It Humidity and Heat Protectant Spray (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6330203) to flat iron this morning randomly.. Lawd. I wanted to try it out now because I'm (possibly) getting my hair cut this weekend and I need my hair to be sleek and straight so I'll get a good cut. I got a pretty good/straight blowdry and the flat iron is lovely - very flat and silky. Im hoping this isn't a fluke and I can replicate this on Saturday. Hard to capture in a picture; I tried taking some pics but the silkiness (lol) doesn't come off in photo.

I still want to try the Inphenom mist though. I don't think its supposed to help with frizz like the Loreal is, but I still want to try it out.

ETA: It's funny how different hair color looks when hair is wet/curly vs dry/straight. I love it both ways but it's just a difference.

Last edited:
This is random but I know you all can identify. Yesterday I cut the literally 3 scraggly relaxed hairs hanging off a section in the back because I could tell the natural hair needed to be dusted. Well I pulled the hair down (you know I couldn't resist) and it looks like I'm 1/2 inch away from APL. At 1 week shy of 15 months post I keep looking at the picture and subconsciously telling myself that can't be right..I feel like such a goober.

But I'm pretty sure I'll end my transition this summer. Prior to me getting a hold and stabilizing my hair for the transition I had a great deal of breakage (last summer) then I used this brush for straightening hair (like a dummy) and it ripped my hair at the line of demarcation (last fall) so I'm thinking the cut is wise so I don't have a lot of splits when I BC. I do have a split ender but I'm paranoid it may not be dusting the shorter hairs (I have no proof..this is just me being a goob, lol)....

Does anyone feel certain their Split Ender is getting their shorter hairs????

Edit: added picture

Attachments

• image-1918560222.jpg
    image-1918560222.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Ok..I am gonna try the avocado oil. and egg tomorrow....thanks for reminding me about s curl!!!! It really did a good job at moisturizing...though I have never tried the gel. I have glycerin too..May need to try that

lol i thought you were talking about a real avocado that you mix. lol i used to use a real one lol.

cant cônfirm about the oil though.. i didnt use it that much. i find it similar to almond oil în texture.

I need a trim so badly. Its fairly even but these dead ends gotta go. My hair is actually retaining length quite well. Who knew all I had to do was ignore it? Cause Lord knows :look:

roll, tuck, pin.....and headband.

:grin::grin:

Attachments

• 20140619_085343.jpg
    20140619_085343.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20140619_085350.jpg
    20140619_085350.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 20140619_085356.jpg
    20140619_085356.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 32
lol i thought you were talking about a real avocado that you mix. lol i used to use a real one lol.

cant cônfirm about the oil though.. i didnt use it that much. i find it similar to almond oil în texture.

My message typed up wrong..grammar mistake....I do mean a real avocado,oil,and egg..lol.....sorry forgot the punctuation

I really need to learn to put the freaking scissors down! Ugh.

My name is Kidneybean86 and I have a cutting my hair problem...

My hair is feeling a bit parched. I'm going to Co-Cleanse and DC tomorrow. Hopefully it helps it out. My hair hasn't been this dry in FOR-EV-ER!

So um...as of 5 minutes ago I became 95 percent natural...It was totally on an impulse...Sigh...:nono:

I'm doing a deep condition now to stop that urge from hitting 100 percent...I'm not ready...lol:look:

Attachments

• 10325548_10100254752153009_426535200626834879_n.jpg
    10325548_10100254752153009_426535200626834879_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 10449468_10100254752018279_2160641111366815215_n.jpg
    10449468_10100254752018279_2160641111366815215_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 47
So um...as of 5 minutes ago I became 95 percent natural...It was totally on an impulse...Sigh...:nono: I'm doing a deep condition now to stop that urge from hitting 100 percent...I'm not ready...lol:look:
That's how it started for me and I went 100! I'm loving that my ends curl now!

After washing my hair today I can no longer see myself transitioning for three years. If I have twelve inches of growth in two years then that's enough for me!

Also, for those of you that wash your hair in sections, do you condition in sections too?

^^^ I'm torn between hacking all this mess off now :look: and transitioning two more years. The thing is either way I'm gonna wear weave for two more years so I may as well cut the hair off. But that would make it so permanent :look:

PlainJane

EXACTLY! I was all for the 3-4 year transition until about 3 months ago. April 26, 2015 is my cut off point...period. But I will big chop as soon as December if I feel like it :yep:.

Back