Vitamin Challenge 2011

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hello, everyone, and welcome to Vitamin Challenge 2011! :)
This is going to be a very laid back challenge that I hope will encourage all who join to be consistent with their supplement intake while striving for better health. This challenge starts today on July 1st and ends on Dec 1st.

The rules are very few and simple:
1. Take your vitamins daily.
2. Please post a list of the vitamins you take, their dosage, and why you take them. You can also post other info about what you are doing to be more healthy.
3. Check-in as often as you like.
4. Start and reveal pictures are optional but encouraged. (Who doesn't like pictures? lol :D )

Challengers
Ravengirl
Ijanei
Aireen
tiffers
drmuffin
cbanks67
Nix08
Moca
OsnapCnapp!
@blcbuty@
Anaya-Amani
halee_J
tngirl22
fatimablush
My Friend
CocoT
Kerryann
growinghealthyhair
lamaria211
bign__17
Esslinah
curlycrown85
sarathu
ZkittyKurls
SingBrina
mEmYSELFaNDj
DanceOnTheSkylines
mzteaze
Clubfoxxy
Highly Favored8
Seamonster

Last edited:

Ijanei

I'm in!
Taking Biotin 1 5000mg and Prenatal Vits (1 daily, reasons other than hair growth)
I need to be consistent with taking my vits the same time everyday.
Beginning pic is the same as every other challenge.
Took it 6/30

Attachments

• 06292011.jpg
    06292011.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36

Aireen

*Raises hand and waves it around* Oooh pick me! Pick me! :grin:

Vitamins Taken Daily: Bell Liquid Multi-Vitamin Complex, Nature's Bounty Hair and Nails, Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil
Dosage: One tablespoon for the multi-vitamin, 1-2 capsules for the Nature's Bounty, 1-2 tablespoons for the cod liver oil.
Why Taken?: The multi-vitamin for overall health, the Nature's Bounty my mum keeps buying so I just take it for my hair, and the cod liver oil I've taken since I was young for my skin.
Challenge Goals: It takes me 6-7 months to get to the next growth milestone. I'm hoping with my vitamin intake that my hair growth is at it's maximum potential to be able to shorten the time frame to 4-5 months. Possibly... :look: I could just be talking rubbish. :lol:

(I'll give a picture after my next relaxer... which will be in 4-5 months. :giggle: I guess I'll be ready for the end of the challenge? Sorry. :look:

EDIT: Okay I'm giving pictures but they're fairly old; the first is from almost a year ago and dates back to July 2010, while the second is from this past February. These hair pictures are old and overused, new ones after my next relaxer in 4-5 months like I stated.)

Attachments

• july 17th 2010 - #2.jpg
    july 17th 2010 - #2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 48
  • February 17th 2011 - #1.JPG
    February 17th 2011 - #1.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm in! :D

Most of the vitamins I take are for health, but I really need to be better about taking them.

- Barlean's Total Omega Swirl :lick: (for overall health)
- Liquid Vitamin C (boost immune system)
- 4000 mg of MSM (hair growth and bad joints)
- 5 mg of biotin (hair growth)
- B-Complex (overall health)
- Alta Silica (hair growth and bad joints)
- Serrapeptase (bad joints)
- Collagen (bad joints, weight loss, hair growth, clear skin)
- Diatomaceous Earth (bad joints, hair growth, overall health)
- Guarana (weight loss)
- CLA (weight loss, builds lean muscle)
- D3 (weight loss, overall health)
- Coconut oil (weight loss, overall health)

I think that's everything. :drunk:

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Yay, added you guys to the list. :)

I'm taking:
GNC Women's Ultra Mega (twice daily) for general health
GNC be-Beautiful Hair, Skin & Nails (once daily) for vanity's sake :p
GNC MSM 1000 mg (twice daily) for joints
Spring Valley Salmon Oil 1000 mg (twice daily) for general health
Hemp seed oil 2 tbsp (once daily) mixed into my shake, yogurt, oatmeal or by itself

I also drink at least 64 oz of water a day and have started to drink a homemade protein shake every now and then. Working on bettering my diet and exercising more consistently.

drmuffin

I'm in! I'm too sleepy to type what I take so I am marking my spot until further notice...

cbanks67

I'm in too. I'll be back after I figure out what supplement I'm going to take for my hair.
I'm thinking about biotin and a pre-natal vitamin. So, we'll see. Check back later.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Took my morning vitamins and drank my protein shake. It's a great way to sneak in fruits that I don't like into my diet.

tiffers

'Kay, so far today I've taken my Omega Swirl, vitamin C, Collagen, CLA and guarana.

Be back later. :spinning:

Moca

Yes!! I'm in as well....

Nioxin 2x a day
3000mcg MSM
3000mg (I think) Biotin
and 2 Silica supps

I also take a liquid vitamin every other day with a drop of milk thistle....
Vit d3 and Wild yam root, calcium and magnesium, and L-lyseine That is all

OsnapCnapp!

Im in! Right now Im just taking Prenatal One by Rainbow Light but planning to incorporate more vitamins that target growth and shedding.

Moca

Getting ready to take my evening fix of nioxin msm biotin and etc.... I'm such a vitamin junkie...

SavannahNatural

I'm in!!!

I take the vitamins in my signature 2x daily. All for skin and hair health! I usually do well with taking my vits at night, but often miss the morning routine. I'm hopeful that this will help me be more consistent. Off to take my nightly cocktail!

Aireen

UPDATE: I took my vitamins an hour ago. I'm out of cod liver oil, I'll replace it but I don't think it will be immediately. So for now I'll take my multi-vitamin and my hair pills daily. I'm thinking of adding back liquid silica to take again as well.

Anaya-Amani

I'm in!!! I take Smoothie King multivitamin for women, vitamin B12 for overall health & hair/nail growth; 1000 mcg B-12 & 5000 IU vitamin D because my dr prescribed them, I was deficient in both; Omega 3,6,9 for heart health (I have've had hereditary high blood pressure since I was 26, I'm 40 now). My 38 yr old cousin had a mild heart attack last wk, I don't want to be next.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Count me in please :) I take vits mainly for my health, but I really need to be better about taking them :yep:

Multivitamin: Seven Seas Multibionata Activate - Its a multi with probiotics, CoQ10 and ginseng.

Omega 3's : Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil

K.A.L Cal-Mag-Zinc

Becoplex - B complex, vitC, Folic acid, iron

I took multi and cod liver oil with a banana already, I'll take the other two after breakfast.

tngirl22

I'm in! Hopefully I will get more vitamins today...

I will be taking:
MSM
B Complex
Biotin
Target Brand Gummy Multi Vitamin
Fish Oil

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I added everyone up to this point.

Drinking my protein fruit smoothie right now; my family likes it too. Already took my morning vitamins.

Last edited:

drmuffin

Ok, I'm wide awake and I just took mah pills. :spinning: This is what I take:

5000 mcg of Biotin: For growth
6000 mg of MSM: For hair health, skin, and joints
1 Nioxin Recharging Complex: For growth
1000 mg of Vitamin C: To compliment the MSM (gummies)
5000 IU of Vitamin D: For overall health (There's a thread on here that vit. D contributes to hair growth) (also gummies)
1 Vitamin B complex: For growth and energy
2 Fiber gummies throughout the day: For overall health

Last edited:

tiffers

So far today, I've taken my collagen, vitamin C, Omega Swirl :lick:, CLA, guarana, silica and gelatin.

SavannahNatural

Took my pills this morning, everything except the Niacin which I take once a day and at night only, that way I'm not walking around bright red!

I also have achieved 64+ fl. oz. of water.

Everyone please don't forget to drink plenty of water, especially with the rising temperatures all over the country~~~

My Friend

Took my pills this morning, everything except the Niacin which I take once a day and at night only, that way I'm not walking around bright red!

I also have achieved 64+ fl. oz. of water.

Everyone please don't forget to drink plenty of water, especially with the rising temperatures all over the country~~~

@blcbuty@

Have you seen results with the niacin?

isawstars

Does anyone know if their vitamins have the GMP (good manufacturing practice), USP (United States Pharmacopeia), or NF seal? If so, please share the brand you are taking.

I'm terrified after all these incidents with toxic materials being found in vitamins and companies putting less nutrients than they claim to have in the product. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Just be very attentive ladies... I'm definitely joining this challenge as soon as I find a trustworthy brand.

SavannahNatural

@blcbuty@

Have you seen results with the niacin?

I've never taken it by itself, so it's a little hard to pinpoint. However, when I added it to my regimen a long time ago I did notice that it helped:yep:. I take it for both skin and hair.

I know this isn't a great amount of information, as you were probably looking for :nono:, however, like I said it wasn't a stand alone item and I didn't really test it to see if it worked. I was new and a bandwagon hopper and read somewhere, that someone, said take something. . . LOL!

I will say, the combination of things that I'm taking right now, MSM and B Complex added most recently, have made a huge impact! My hair is growing. I'm still working on the skin part.

I hope this helps, or at least answers the question.

Oh, to mention me you have to put an additional @ sign in front of my name. I didn't know all the things you could do on the forum when I created my name so that's what I'm left with :lol:.

SavannahNatural

Does anyone know if their vitamins have the GMP (good manufacturing practice), USP (United States Pharmacopeia), or NF seal? If so, please share the brand you are taking.

I'm terrified after all these incidents with toxic materials being found in vitamins and companies putting less nutrients than they claim to have in the product. I'm not trying to scare anyone. Just be very attentive ladies... I'm definitely joining this challenge as soon as I find a trustworthy brand.

Here is everything I'm taking that has the USP seal, all GNC items. Some items are out of their original packaging, so I can't say.

Niacin 500
MSM 1000
Biotin 5000

Out of everything I am taking the one item that will not be restocked when done is the Perfect Skin by Genuine Health. I've noticed no change with the addition of this product.

isawstars

Here is everything I'm taking that has the USP seal, all GNC items. Some items are out of their original packaging, so I can't say.

Niacin 500
MSM 1000
Biotin 5000

Out of everything I am taking the one item that will not be restocked when done is the Perfect Skin by Genuine Health. I've noticed no change with the addition of this product.

I was using Genuine Health too. I think I'm going to stop using it because I didn't see anything on the label. My GNC fish oil doesn't have a seal but it says it is tested by a third party... Is that as reliable?