Delightfully Delicious DC Challenge 2011 (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaidBak

I DC'd three times in one day. Thats a personal record. Once this morning before the BF came over, because my NG was matted and tangled, and I looked a HAM. Again at the salon post relaxer, and once more now. Why? Well the stylist put wrap foam in my hair without asking me. I told her to just relax my hair and I would go home with wet hair. I think she just forgot and put the foam in my hair. So once I air dried I had dry crunchy hair. Then my order of Sitrinillah came in the mail so....I felt compelled to DC the foam out my hair. I steamed for 15 minutes.

Onhergrind09

I am so excited to be doing my 1st LHCF challenge:yep:. I currently have my hair in cornrows for a month and plan to keep them in for another month in an effort to retain length and greatly reduce my level of maipulation.

I plan to DC 2x's a week on Sundays and Thursday with either my steamer for 30 minutes or by saran wrapping my head for a few hours. In my Dc I will be using a mixture of Apretadora, Prosys organic conditioner and DermOrganic Argan oil hair mask. It's mixture I've used for a few weeks and it's been working for me so far.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
DC'ing now under the steamer for 30 minutes:
Rosewater & SAA
Oil treatment in the roots: wgo, hemp, coconut, alma, hemp, avocado, olive
AO GPB with 3 vitamin 3 capsules mixed in:yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Dc'ing now with a mix of AOWC, Claudie's Deep Condtioner, Garden Oil & hemp oil. :grin:

kupenda

Was bored last night so I DCed overnight with sitrinillah, honey, aphogee 2 minute, and coated it with olive oil. then rinsed and let it airdry on the way to the salon. Lady offered a free DC of silicon mix at the salon. So being the DC addict that I am, I took it lol. My hair feels very soft

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

choctaw

I prepared an ayurvedic paste for dc:

• 1/3 cup VP Chawla rajasthani henna (Rajasthani henna, amla, shikakai, katha)
• 2/3 cup Hesh amla powder
• 1 cup ayurvedic tea (fenugreek, Brahmi, maka & hibiscus)
• 2 tbspn castor/mustard/gingelly oil infused with henna, amla, maka & Brahmi
• add honey to smooth paste after dye release occurs & apply paste to hair

Update: added 3 tablespoons orange blossom honey and 2 tablespoons gingelly oil infused with maka to smooth the paste before adding to hair. I wet hair with distilled water before applying the paste.

Last edited:

AJellyCake

10 minutes with K-Pak reconstructor under the dryer and then 1 hour under the dryer with a mix of AO HSR and AO WCR. Super soft (and delicious smelling! :lick:) hair!

Onhergrind09

So yesterday I did my first DC for the week.

I forgot to include this in my initial post but once a week I do a Moisturizing DC and once a week I do a Protein DC. The method I used is one I saw on Youtube (I can't remember by who) that made a lot of sense to me because it focuses on maintaining a protein moisture balance. It's been working so far for me so I will continue to do it :).

It's called the 3-tier method (which I have modified to become the two tier method). It requires that you start with dry hair which you lightly mist with water. Then you add a layer of a Moist DC to your hair,you follow that with a Protein DC from the middle of your hair length to your ends, and then you seal it all in with an oil of your kind (this is the step I skip, my hair does NOT like to be DC'd with oil).

Then I hop under my steamer for 30 min and ta-dah, I'm done.

Like I stated before I'm currently in cornrows (with only my hair, no extensions) to decrease my manipulation and one problem I've had is making sure that my DC is thoroughly rinsed out of my hair. I came across a solution yesterday which hopefully might help someone else DCing in braids.

What I did was mix my DC in a bottle (1 part DC to two parts water) which diluted it significantly and allowed it to be much easier to rinse out of my braids.

HHG!

Seamonster

I have one use left of my pura natural souffle, so I think I will save it for when I feel like chocolate. Kicking myself for not buying two.

DC'd with CJ curl rehab, believe the hype, soft hair in a bottle with a little slip, sweet.

myhair84

Dced with SE mega moisture and SD vanilla silk. Hair was super moisturized.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

gigi2011

Dc'd for 30 mins and I found out all the steaming in the world, can't help some conditoners and Lustrasilk Mango & Shea Butter is one of em. It did NOTHING for my hair :nono: Thank goodness for Oyin's Honey Hemp as a leave in!!

Satya_R

I'm in! Will be hennaing biweekly or weekly ,as I feel so inclined, with AOHR overnight immediately following each henna. I'm also doing the WL 2013 challenge lol :) excited for the hair changes to come.

Satya_R

Does henna count as a DC? I shampooed tonight and followed with the smallest amount of AOHR and AOWC and my hair is sooooo soft. It's never felt like this right after a shampoo. Yay lol

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome Satya_R :) just be careful with the henna, it has strengthening as well as conditioning properties, so monitor to see if your hair is going to far on the strengthening side. I normally have to do a moisturizing DC after a henna treatment.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
DC'ing now under a cap...with:
Aloe Vera Gel
Rosewater and SAA
and AO WC infused with 3 capsules of Vitamin E I will co wash later:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.