~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

Anaisin

I was supposed to do my hair last night but got lazy, wet bunned today

Cowashed my hair with vo5 Kiwi Lime, oiled scalp with Alikay Growth oil, moisturized with Shea Moisture jbco leave in, Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade and smoothed a few pumps of Camille Rose Curl Maker on my hair then added Eco styler to my edges only

trclemons

Tonight, I put Avon's Advance Techniques on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd, and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner.

I LCOB'd with L = Aphogee Curlific, C = Hawaiian Silky, O = Orofluido on length & Sunny Isle JBCO on edges, B = Hairitage Horsetail on scalp & Siamese Twists Pracaxi Peach ButterCreme on ends.

Day 3 of inversion complete!

Caramel74

I think it may be a combination of my one length hair gaining length and my no direct heat regimen, but I woke up and my hair looked good enough to go to work with my hair down. All I did was apply some argan oil to the ends and dry spots, put it in a bun while I washed up and put my make-up on, take it down, shake it out and I was good to go.

I have my days where I get discouraged, like when it's wet and looks ridiculously thin, uneven, and shrinks up to nothing. I'm thankful for LHCF where I can resort back to my supportive threads. There are posts from some beautiful ladies encouraging one another to hang in there because it's natural for hair to grow uneven but at BSL and longer it doesn't look uneven anymore. I can't wait to be BSL but I'm starting to enjoy being a bit past APL. I'm going to do a micro trim when I have my dominican blowout probably in March or April so it keeps growing thick and strong.

Last edited:

trclemons

Today was Shampoo Saturday:

• Pre-poo'd overnight with my AVJ spritz & Spectrum Coconut Oil.
  • This morning, I applied Embrace the Natural You DC and went under my heat cap for an hour.
  • Shampoo'd my scalp with Embrace the Natural You Frothing Cleanser, CW'd my length with Alikay's Cowash Me, reconstructed with Joico K-pak, did an ACV rinse & rinsed out 80% of the Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner.
  • LCOB'd with L = Alikay's Lemongrass, C = Fekkai Glossing & Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter, O = Keravada Super Gro on scalp & Kreyol Essence Chocolate HBCO on edges & B = Marie Dean Coconut Cream Butter on length & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.

After plaiting my hair, I baggy'd and did my Day 7 inversion for the month.

Anaisin

Cowashed with Alikay Naturals Caribbean Coconut Milk Conditioner
Oiled scalp with Alikay Naturals Growth oil
Moisturized with Shea Moisture JBCO leave in, Oyin Handmade BSP
Camille Rose Curl Maker & Eco styler to bun

I love that SM leave in. Too bad I passed on that BOGO sale but I seriously have enough products and no space already

traceedeebee

I finished inverting for the month. I'm proud of myself for completing it. I also took down my mini twists. I'll cleanse and condition tomorrow. I need a break.

CurlyRy

I finally bought some seaweed and i've been eating it almost daily. Along with green smoothies made with spinach, kale, random frozen fruit, chia seeds, spirulina and kelp. I need to do more research on kelp to see if I can up my dosage because the suggested dosage is freakin tinnnny. I wonder if it's like chlorella where it's considered a "whole food" instead of something that you can overdose on...hmm

I've been lightly spraying and massage my scalp with the Yerba de la Negrita concentrate that I just bought. I noticed that it's a great styler for the edges! I also toyed around with using MSM topically. This youtuber loves it this way. So I used hot water, like 1/2 teaspoon of MSM and a few drops of rosemary essential oils and I spray it on my scalp along with the concentrate. At first, I wanted the concentrate to be oil based because I didn't want my roots to shrink up any on my stretched hair, but I know that my head would be itchiiiiiiiiiiiin some special if I had to put oil on my scalp daily. So far so good.

I was doing good with bagging my ends but I haven't done it the last couple of days :( I've been searching and destroying some when I'm bored but my ends aren't that bad so I'm happy :happydance:

I wasn't planning on it but I might wash my hair soon. Ehhh, it's about time. Sadly it still looks nice though but if I wait too much longer detangling is gunna be :angry2:

Changes I want:
I want to get back to drinking more tea. I use to drink a ton! I always need to work out more :nono: sighhh
I'm also going to try and up my MSM dosage to 6000mg....before I use to take around 5800mg but then I switched to the Doctor's Choice (something or other) MSM and I've just been taking 4000mg. Let's see how this goes lol

Realhairdontcare

Trying to leave my hair alone unless I'm going out. I'm home most of the time so my hair will stay wrapped up from now on unless I'm moisturizing/sealing or washing my hair. I'm on my last flat iron til my birthday in april. I have hardly any heat protectant anyway so yeah. I made a homemade length check shirt days ago and did a pull test. I'm one inch from apl and 8 inches from waist length so hopefully no setbacks or major cuts and I can see myself achieving waist length by december 2017 maybe sooner but I don't wanna push it..I'm going to get my hands on some biotin one of these days and a multivitamin. For now I have been drinking lots of water and bunning like crazy.

trclemons

Tonight, I put Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner on my braids, sat under the heat cap for 30 minutes, CW'd and rinsed it out and rinsed out 80% of Elucence Balance Conditioner.

I LCOB'd with L = Alikay Lemongrass, C = Soultanical's Mane 'n Thick, O = Keravada Super Gro on scalp & Kreyol Essence Chocolate HBCO on edges, B = Marie Dean's Coconut Cream on length & KJ Natural's Milk & Honey on ends.

CurlyRy

I ran out of Gro aut oil so I made my own and it smells yummeh! I used coconut oil, evoo, lavender oil, peppermint oil and sublimed sulfur.

I can't wait to try it out. If I like it I will make a bigger batch. I only made 1oz so that it would fit in my Gro aut bottle.

Where do you get your sulfur from?

charmtreese

My hair is really in auto pilot mode. While my monthly growth is not a lot, it's pretty consistent. For most of the fall and so far this winter I've been washing bi-weekly instead of weekly. It's working for now, but I'm not sure If I will be able to go this long in the Spring and Summer months.

I'm trying really hard to go through my stash and use things up before I purchase any more products. I'm finding out that while products are important, my regimen, techniques and the order that I use my products tend to render me consistent results more so than a certain product/product line.

GettingKinky

I'm getting my grays dyed and my hair flat ironed tonight. :drunk:

I can't decide if I'm going to take a break from working out or not. If I don't my roots will revert, but I'm only 3 workouts away from finishing the 6 week lifting program I'm doing. Decisions, decisions...

traceedeebee

I'm getting my grays dyed and my hair flat ironed tonight. :drunk:

I can't decide if I'm going to take a break from working out or not. If I don't my roots will revert, but I'm only 3 workouts away from finishing the 6 week lifting program I'm doing. Decisions, decisions...
What lifting program are you doing?

GettingKinky

What lifting program are you doing?

It's not really a specific program. I do 2 days of upper body and 2 days of lower body a week for 6 weeks and then I focus on cardio for a few weeks.

I found a lifting program on aworkouteoutine.com and then modified it so that I can do it at home. For exercises that needed equipment I substitute another exercise that uses the same muscles, but only needs dumbbells.
The program I modified is about halfway down the page.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-muscle-building-workout-routine/

traceedeebee

It's not really a specific program. I do 2 days of upper body and 2 days of lower body a week for 6 weeks and then I focus on cardio for a few weeks.

I found a lifting program on aworkouteoutine.com and then modified it so that I can do it at home. For exercises that needed equipment I substitute another exercise that uses the same muscles, but only needs dumbbells.
The program I modified is about halfway down the page.

http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-muscle-building-workout-routine/
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will check it out. I was doing Strong Curves.
Your hair looks great! I understand the reverting roots but it's better to look good all over than just have pretty hair.

GettingKinky

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will check it out. I was doing Strong Curves.
Your hair looks great! I understand the reverting roots but it's better to look good all over than just have pretty hair.

How do you like strong curves? I've thought about that one, but the at home version looks a bit too easy, but the other programs use the cables a lot and I wasn't sure what to do for an equivalent dumbbell exercise. But I really do want to focus on a better butt.

traceedeebee

How do you like strong curves? I've thought about that one, but the at home version looks a bit too easy, but the other programs use the cables a lot and I wasn't sure what to do for an equivalent dumbbell exercise. But I really do want to focus on a better butt.
I like it. It's definitely lifted and toned my butt. My thighs are finally slimming down. Overall it's a great total body strength training workout for me and had improved my running. I had a weak glute that affected how I ran. Both my knees were hurting last year. It has glute firing exercises that I thought were too easy. When the physical therapist corrected my form, I was on fire. LOL! Do you have the book? I have to look up modifications to his suggested exercise because the gym I go to doesn't have everything.

Caramel74

Winter Air Drying Protective Style. If all goes well I will have a nice braid out ponytail in the morning for work and I won't have to go out with soaking wet hair and have a wet head all day. I couldn't stand it and it was really uncomfortable. I also was getting sick of having only one PS.

Attachments

• Winter Nighttime Protective style 29 Jan 16.jpg
    Winter Nighttime Protective style 29 Jan 16.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 33

trclemons

Today was CW Friday:
  • Pre-poo'd under my wig at work with AVJ spritz & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.
  • When I got home, I added Aubrey Organics GPB & HSR mix on ends and AO White Camellia on scalp & length for an hour under a heat cap.
  • Used CC's Naturals Scalp Scrub, CW'd with HH Totally Twisted, Joico K-pak Reconstructor & rinsed out 80% of the Elucence Balancing Conditioner.
  • LOCB'd with L = Annabelle's Honeydew LI, O = Keravada Super Gro, C = Ouidad Moisture Lock, B = Marie Dean Coconut Cream on length & KJ Naturals Milk & Honey on ends.