Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

faithVA

*deep sigh*
My friend sent me a black girl curls Instagram post. They are hiring, but won’t say what they are looking for. They want you to write a creative cover letter and tell them what you’re good at.

When did job applications become creative writing exercises?
I saw that. And I was thinking, yeah this job isn't for me. Who says I have a job but guess what it is, but send me your stuff. What?

oneastrocurlie

I used UFD and ICH again. I really like the thickness and weight of ICH. It's dries with a nice cast but isn't sticky at all. This time I used more product and smaller sections. I typically shake and band after dry but this time I just let it be. The biggest change in my routine was not using a leave in. Trying to see if it's becoming an unnecessary step for me.

copy_1024x1024.jpg

sunshinebeautiful

*deep sigh*
My friend sent me a black girl curls Instagram post. They are hiring, but won’t say what they are looking for. They want you to write a creative cover letter and tell them what you’re good at.

Why the heck would I waste my time applying for a job I don't even know if I want because there's absolutely no info? A huge no for me.

GettingKinky

*deep sigh*

I saw that. I have no idea what they are hoping to accomplish. In the comments someone asked if you need to be licensed stylist and their reply was “no... just follow the instructions”

LavenderMint

*deep sigh*

That would set off all kinds of alarm bells for me as a possible waste of time. It would make me think that they don’t even know what they want.

GettingKinky

My new rule is apply what I think is the right amount of gel and then go back and add a second coating. :drunk:

Did you guys see that Ecoslay is going to stop selling their products in single use plastic containers? She switching to plastic lined paper pouches and then you transfer it to multi use plastic jars she is selling.

sunshinebeautiful

My new rule is apply what I think is the right amount of gel and then go back and add a second coating. :drunk:

Did you guys see that Ecoslay is going to stop selling their products in single use plastic containers? She switching to plastic lined paper pouches and then you transfer it to multi use plastic jars she is selling.

Honestly, this is what I do too at the bolded.

Hmm... Ecoslay Jello Shot is thick and needs to be refrigerated. I wonder if it's going to be an ordeal to transfer it from the pouch to the multi-use jar.

fluffyforever

Wash and go today was just a conditioner rinse with Suave Coconut followed up by Oyin Hair Dew Leave-In.

My boss stopped in randomly today and ..... said he’s been loving my hair lately and that it looks great. I think this was the first time in like 14 years being natural that I ever was complimented on a no style hairstyle by someone with whom I wasn’t in a romantic relationship.

GettingKinky

Wash and go today was just a conditioner rinse with Suave Coconut followed up by Oyin Hair Dew Leave-In.

My boss stopped in randomly today and ..... said he’s been loving my hair lately and that it looks great. I think this was the first time in like 14 years being natural that I ever was complimented on a no style hairstyle by someone with whom I wasn’t in a romantic relationship.
What a great compliment!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
This lady is one of the closest I’ve ever come to finding a hair twin: fine, low-medium density, type 4. Watching her confirmed what I’ve found out with application on our hair: I don’t need to rake in super tiny sections. In fact, I think it decreases my volume.

Her hair is pretty! Now I need to try uncle funky’s by itself. :yep:

GettingKinky

This lady is one of the closest I’ve ever come to finding a hair twin: fine, low-medium density, type 4. Watching her confirmed what I’ve found out with application on our hair: I don’t need to rake in super tiny sections. In fact, I think it decreases my volume.

I liked UFD by itself. It gives me volume on day 1 but it has some hold so it will last 3-4 days.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

Looks similar to my hair. Let me watch the entire video. Folks think my hair is thick. It is not. Its fine, like cotton candy. I rarely straighten my hair because its very apparent thing

faithVA

If it isn't too humid where you are UFD by itself works well. However, if it is humid, then you will need a topper with little to no humectants in it. UFD will suck up all the water it can. I'm in humid VA, I can do UFD in the winter by itself but I only get 1 day hair once the humidity kicks in.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
That Braidout glaze under any wetline-ish , botanical-ish gel is hitting.

I cant remember who mentioned it but its my favorite and only product I like from TMC. It gives you such definition and softness on the braid out. It gooey and sticky. A little annoying but its best to apply it near water so you can keep rinsing your hands, which help with application too.

Now if only my hair was fully dry. I gave up at 35 minutes, lol. Sleeping on damp hair pushed it to the scalp which doesnt really shake out because the hairs in an between stage. Not wet but not fully dry.

Dah well. I'll do it over on Tuesday evening.

Attachments

• 6D61FCFB-CB92-40A4-89AC-C43C31DFF7D5.jpeg
    6D61FCFB-CB92-40A4-89AC-C43C31DFF7D5.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

sunshinebeautiful

I feel like I hit a new milestone this weekend! I was at an outdoor cafe with one of my girlfriends, rocking a fresh WNG, when a complete and total stranger strolled by our table, just to share how much she loved my hair. :biggrin:

I'm loving where I'm at after starting this new styling regimen earlier this year. Pics, of course! I had my niece snap a few pics when I got back in.

Attachments

• rsz_fri.jpg
    rsz_fri.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
  • rsz_img_2447.jpg
    rsz_img_2447.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 22
  • rsz_img_2446.jpg
    rsz_img_2446.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
  • rsz_img_2452.jpg
    rsz_img_2452.jpg