Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

ckisland

The 15-20% tipping for beauty services to me sounds crazy. The prices are already crazy inflated for the service being provided. Stylists aren't using $200 worth of product on anyone's head. They're being paid for their time. And I totally respect them charging whatever rate for their services because the value of someone's skill set is subjective. What I don't respect is the expectation of a customer paying a percentage on top of that rate (and I'm not saying that this salon is necessarily like that, but so many are).

Tipping servers at restaurants makes sense because the $20 I paid for my meal doesn't go into their pocket. The only money they get is the money you designate as the tip. Are people out here tipping therapists or lawyers or contractors or accountants? Someone wanting to tip because that was just on their heart to do is entirely different. If stylists think that they're worth more money, they should just charge whatever that amount is.

Sorry for the rant :laugh:

sunshinebeautiful

I had my 3 month maintenance appointment coming up in a few weeks, but I can't keep the appointment because I'll be moving! I'm starting a new job on the other side of the state. I have trust issues with hairstylists (lol) and don't know of any in the new city that specialize in wash n go styling and curly cuts, so I'll be traveling a few times per year to visit this salon.

I asked for the first available Saturday appointment they could get me in for. They stay booked so I knew it might be awhile. End of September! By then it would have been 5 months since my first curly cut. I'm interested in seeing how much growth I'll have would by then. In the meantime, I'll stay focused on keeping the hair on my head without many split ends, so hopefully this will be a trim instead of a major cut. We'll see.

This humidity been killing my wash n goes. I'll get 2-3 days before it turns into a fro. Still experimenting with product combos/ratios of water to product though.

toaster

I had my 3 month maintenance appointment coming up in a few weeks, but I can't keep the appointment because I'll be moving! I'm starting a new job on the other side of the state. I have trust issues with hairstylists (lol) and don't know of any in the new city that specialize in wash n go styling and curly cuts, so I'll be traveling a few times per year to visit this salon.

I asked for the first available Saturday appointment they could get me in for. They stay booked so I knew it might be awhile. End of September! By then it would have been 5 months since my first curly cut. I'm interested in seeing how much growth I'll have would by then. In the meantime, I'll stay focused on keeping the hair on my head without many split ends, so hopefully this will be a trim instead of a major cut. We'll see.

This humidity been killing my wash n goes. I'll get 2-3 days before it turns into a fro. Still experimenting with product combos/ratios of water to product though.
Congratulations on the new job!!

I think 5-6 months is a good length between cuts, so I’m sure you’ll see lots of growth in this time!

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky oh so tempting to just get a dry cut!

selfishly I also want to hear about her styling techniques and products and see what you take away, but as long as there are pics we are happy!

So excited!!

I spent a little extra time raking and smoothing this morning - I spent about 45 minutes in the shower. I double shampoo’d I used a second conditioner for my damaged hair and then UFD/JS.
I almost look like I don’t need a cut. I just have a few scraggly long pieces that I could probably snip off my self.
C8BE1F78-31E5-478D-82AC-77A90C125325.jpeg

faithVA

I was supposed to color my hair last week but I got super busy. I ended up clarifying and conditioning and putting it into some flat twist. Then midweek I rewet and put in some leave in and back in flat twist. I finally colored today and reset my hair. It took almost 3 hours to color and reset so I didn't sit under the dryer immediately. Needed to get some dinner.

I'm sitting under the dryer now. It's been about 45 minutes. I will sit under here for another 15 minutes, take a 15 minute break and then sit back under for another 15 to 30 minutes.

I don't think my roots will be dry but 1.5 hours is max for me.

I like to color my hair before I go get my cut. The color makes the money spent feel like it is worth it :lol:

toaster

Are most people not getting cuts on dry hair? I go in with a wash and go. She cuts first and then she shampoos and styles.
Mona and Stephen cut my hair dry, washed and styled, and then cut some more to finish.

Abena styled my hair first and then cut.

She does do dry cuts, but I always thought it didn’t make sense to get my hair cut twice, so I prefer to have it styled and cut if I have a choice.

faithVA

Are most people not getting cuts on dry hair? I go in with a wash and go. She cuts first and then she shampoos and styles.
I think many stylists like to do the entire set on new customers and will do a dry cut on existing customers. But if you have mastered your wash and go then I think they will give a pass.

I haven't mastered my wash and go so I want her to do the whole thing. Otherwise my cut would be off.

faithVA

EcoStyler has done slid back into my life!!! Never would I have ever guessed that I would be loving my current wash n'go like this :toocool: . My hair got so defined and frizz-free! The hold was very firm, almost crunchy, but very moisturized. I'm on 3rd day hair (the pics below) and it's soft. Like actually soft :thud:!!

Cleanser: MJ Harm Me Knot
Conditioner: MJ Honey Sweet & Nice (Detangling was not cool. My hair acted like I didn't just brush her 2 days ago :spinning:)
Leave-in: Obia Curl Moisture Cream
Styler: EcoStyle Olive Oil

View attachment 474047 View attachment 474049 View attachment 474051 View attachment 474053
It's looking good, definitely for 3rd day hair. And it does look soft.

faithVA

Taking a break from fake studying (I took some continuing education this summer and I’m regretting it lol) to show off my 1st day wash and go.

-Shampoo and condition with Sally GVP matrix biolage dupes
-smooth wetline through (clear, new formula) by itself and did a few finger coils for the lil fake bangs
-sat under the dryer for 40 minutes before leaving the house
-fluff a little bit with sally GVP matrix weightless shine spray

I will fluff more tomorrow but I do like it for first day hair. I am down to just basically doing four big ole sections to give myself some decent volume even on day one.
I love all of the different curl sizes and waves. Your hair looks so soft.

faithVA

I did stay under the dryer for another 15 minutes. I finally found a chair and table that works with my dryer. I decided to diffuse for 15 minutes instead. I'm proud of myself for staying under the dryer for 15 minutes :lol: My roots are still wet but I hope it is good enough to sleep on.

My hair is more defined in person but I have no idea how to take better pictures.

20210716_233330.jpg20210716_235433.jpg

faithVA

Jello Shot Update

I don't remember when I put the Jello Shot in my bathroom. But it is still in the bathroom and doing fine. No color change. No different smell. No mold.

I used it on today's set.

I've used it 3 times and I still have half of that mason jar left. Those 2 in the fridge are going to last me forever. I'm going to take a small amount and put it in the freezer and experiment with that.