Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Technically today was day 8 of the nurture gel wash and go. I never refreshed. Only thing I did is once I oiled my scalp to get a little blood flow and ponytail’d on Friday before the pool. My hair got a little damp on Saturday when It rained.

today there still was definition on the ends after taking the ponytail holders out. It rinsed clean out of my hair. All in all it wasn’t bad. If it was more gel in the jar and around $20 I’d buy it again.

I cleansed my hair today and did a wash and go with Negesbanda glaze and clumping gel. Sitting under the dryer now.

Attachments

• B5AED0FD-4964-487F-86A1-64970CE048C1.png
    B5AED0FD-4964-487F-86A1-64970CE048C1.png
    486.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

toaster

New dryer arrived. No instructions on how to put it together. Thankfully they had a halfway helpful YouTube video.

This dryer is huge.

Attachments

• 21C7AA7E-6CAB-49FA-ADC3-38221342D13E.jpeg
    21C7AA7E-6CAB-49FA-ADC3-38221342D13E.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 5AE96132-408C-4961-8EA2-CB2DA7134900.jpeg
    5AE96132-408C-4961-8EA2-CB2DA7134900.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 9DFA9D02-026C-425B-9C74-8EFD5B53ED5D.jpeg
    9DFA9D02-026C-425B-9C74-8EFD5B53ED5D.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 21
  • 14EE15C8-25DE-4BDD-9B8D-F75E861E6845.jpeg
    14EE15C8-25DE-4BDD-9B8D-F75E861E6845.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 46

toaster

Under the dryer now!

Not sure yet how I feel about the nurture gel. It feels like plastic, but I do like how when you emulsify it it gets super thick and tacky.

Didn’t get the heavy feeling on my hair with it. I felt like my hair was super coated in product so I didn’t keep applying it.

It’s definitely “water locking.” There’s absolutely zero drip.

I’ll see how it dries and lasts through the week.

Have to give it a second shot on Sunday since this was two week old hair and it took me TWO HOURS to cleanse, condition and style.

toaster

Oooweeeee. Is there a cool setting @toaster
I could turn the temperature down (I did, from 160 to 140). There’s a little lever on the hood that turns the wattage down. Not sure that would impact the temperature?

I thought I was going to die under the dryer at the hair salon. After 40 minutes she still had to diffuse a little bit to get me dry enough to cut.

Since I’m at home and not cutting, I’ll take 90% dry in an hour.

toaster

Good morning, ladies!

How did it work out @toaster

This Negesbanda combo is fire! Soft hold, defintion. I likeyyy.
My hair turned out pretty well! Defined. Definitely a hard crunch, but I don’t mind. Everything was dry after an hour under the dryer except the very ends of my hair.

Next wash I’ll focus a bit more product on my ends. I could see they had a bit of frizz while I was setting, but I got lazy.

Definitely worthy of another wash day with the nurture gel.

ThursdayGirl

Also, I’m going to get a buff for my hair. I got one once the gym opened to use as a mask while working out and I really wanted to see how that works since this Youtuber and I have such similar density and length. I washed and dried it first before trying last night in case that sounds gross lol.

I’m a believer. :yep: it held the hair in place and seems to require less “shaking” out than my bonnet. So I need to get another one for hair and I also love the excuse to go into a sporting goods store lol. I am a workout clothing fiend.
Funny you should mention a buff. I was just trying to find one. Which one did you go with? What kind of fabric is it made from?

faithVA

My hair wasn't a complete success on Monday but it wasn't a complete fail either. It didn't have as much definition to start so I can only do so much fluffing before it just frizzes out. But it will last me until Saturday's reset and that is good enough for me.

Saturday I'm going to try lots of water, UFD, lots of water UFD and then a layer of jello-shot. Will see how that works before I move onto my next experiment.

So here is what happened with my appointment. I went online and thought I made an appointment. But what I did was pay for some services and didn't make an appointment. Um, how that happened I have no idea. Fortunately I sent her an email asking her about the appointment and she said I did make one. Fortunately she still had 2 slots on the weekend of the 24th. So instead of going at 1:30 on Saturday, I will be going at 6:00 on Saturday.

Yeah, I will have to pay more attention next time.

toaster

My hair wasn't a complete success on Monday but it wasn't a complete fail either. It didn't have as much definition to start so I can only do so much fluffing before it just frizzes out. But it will last me until Saturday's reset and that is good enough for me.

Saturday I'm going to try lots of water, UFD, lots of water UFD and then a layer of jello-shot. Will see how that works before I move onto my next experiment.

So here is what happened with my appointment. I went online and thought I made an appointment. But what I did was pay for some services and didn't make an appointment. Um, how that happened I have no idea. Fortunately I sent her an email asking her about the appointment and she said I did make one. Fortunately she still had 2 slots on the weekend of the 24th. So instead of going at 1:30 on Saturday, I will be going at 6:00 on Saturday.

Glad your wash n go wasn’t a complete fail!!

not sure how you can pay for services without an appointment either, but it sounds like it worked out.

GGsKin

Day 9 of my wash n go and I've been wanting to wash my hair for a couple of days but I don't feel up to it. My hands have been in my hair non stop and it's a mess but I don't mind lol. I found a teensy section of chunky gel build up at my roots last night (I think my heavy handedness of Jello Shot). I tried to scratch it out. Its probably from me breaking the cast by pulling on coils because this didn't show up until around day 7. Thankfully, it seems it was only in one spot.

My hair felt a little dry last night so I moisturised in sections with some Nature's Little Secret Irish Moss Styling Cream. I will wait until tomorrow or Saturday to wash it.

Attachments

• 2021-07-08_21.03.03.jpg
    2021-07-08_21.03.03.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 2021-07-08_21.06.22.jpg
    2021-07-08_21.06.22.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 40

faithVA

Day 9 of my wash n go and I've been wanting to wash my hair for a couple of days but I don't feel up to it. My hands have been in my hair non stop and it's a mess but I don't mind lol. I found a teensy section of chunky gel build up at my roots last night (I think my heavy handedness of Jello Shot). I tried to scratch it out. Its probably from me breaking the cast by pulling on coils because this didn't show up until around day 7. Thankfully, it seems it was only in one spot.

My hair felt a little dry last night so I moisturised in sections with some Nature's Little Secret Irish Moss Styling Cream. I will wait until tomorrow or Saturday to wash it.
It is still looking good. I feel you on needing to do it but not wanting to do it. But it is going to feel so good when you get that fresh cleanse in :yep:

GettingKinky

Monday to Saturday is a good life fora wash n go.
Now I’m paranoid about my appointment. I’m going to double check my email confirmation.

GGsKin

@faithVA Thank you. My body is in recovery mode so I want some of this soreness to ease before I attempt to stand and wash my hair for an age in the shower lol. I think Saturday might be the day.

@GettingKinky Thank you. There's something (slick dry) about the feel of the UFD + Jello Shot combo on my hair is so (too) touchable. No stickiness or residue. I'm usually good but it's been keeping my hands in my hair this week.

faithVA

Monday to Saturday is a good life fora wash n go.
Now I’m paranoid about my appointment. I’m going to double check my email confirmation.
Don't be paranoid. I never got an email confirmation which is why I contacted her. I knew something was off when I "booked" the appointment. I was just too lazy to follow up.

You are going to be fine. Just don't do what I do :lol:

GettingKinky

Don't be paranoid. I never got an email confirmation which is why I contacted her. I knew something was off when I "booked" the appointment. I was just too lazy to follow up.

You are going to be fine. Just don't do what I do :lol:
That’s how my first booking went. I put in my credit card info and everything and I never got a confirmation. Then I emailed her to see what happened and she said I never made an appointment. The second time was the charm for me.

I just went and searched for my confirmation email to triple check. I’m all set for the 17th.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Today is day 3 of my washngo. Its so soft but squashed because Ive just been going to bed. I'm going to reset tomorrow in the am with the same stylers and see how it goes.

The Negesbanda stylers are nice. I have a upart kinky curly wig I want to try out though.

faithVA

That’s how my first booking went. I put in my credit card info and everything and I never got a confirmation. Then I emailed her to see what happened and she said I never made an appointment. The second time was the charm for me.

I just went and searched for my confirmation email to triple check. I’m all set for the 17th.
OK understood. This is my 3rd appointment. I must have done it right the first 2 times. Not sure what I did last time. But now I know and will pay more attention.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Funny you should mention a buff. I was just trying to find one. Which one did you go with? What kind of fabric is it made from?
I got mine from Dick’s sporting goods, and I think it is their standard size. I have this exact one, made out of microfiber, but I purchased it in the store.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Fresh washngo trying to use up some random gels I have. Not feeling it too much.
I used Salon Gelatina and Jell-O shot on top. I used curly magic as my leave in like usual and the gelatina foamed once it glided on.

We will see how it sets. Sat under the dryer for 20 minutes

GGsKin

Washed my hair today. I shampooed with PM One, then applied Olaplex No.3 with a generous slather of hydrated fenugreek. After wrapping and leaving for about 1hr or so, I rinsed and shampooed with Olaplex No.4. After DCing in the shower, I used UFD (now on to my second bottle) + the remnants of Jello Shot (I loved it, need to repurchase). Diffused for 25-30mins.

faithVA

Planning to color my hair tomorrow but I rode today so I had to cleanse. I clarified with Elucences because I like to clarify before I color. I followed that with the Madison Reed color safe shampoo. My hair loves that shampoo. I conditioned with Lidl conditioner. Then I put in TGIN leave-in and put in some twist. I'm sporting a t-shirt wrap for the first time. Will see what SO has to say about it. Will also see what my head has to say about it after wearing if for a couple of hours :lol: