Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

DVAntDany

Ok, to call the Curls gel hard hold is a joke. I’m glad I wasn’t tempted to try the medium hold one. It’s very soft but has lots of definition with a nice sheen. I feel it gave more curl separation than most gels usually give me. Also, It dried in an hour under a hooded dryer.

So far I’m pleased. I’ll have to see what it looks like after I sleep on it. Also, I no longer think this is one my aunt will want.

DVAntDany

The whole collection feels exactly the same. I gave them all away @DVAntDany
I’ve watched a few videos on them. I’ve notice that some give a slightly different result in the hair when people do the split test. For instance, one will be a little more shiny or another is a little more elongating. It’s not too noticeable but there is a minor difference. They mainly say choose which fragrance you like better much like CurlMix.

So which one smelled the best? @Bette Davis Eyes

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I’ve watched a few videos on them. I’ve notice that some give a slightly different result in the hair when people do the split test. For instance, one will be a little more shiny or another is a little more elongating. It’s not too noticeable but there is a minor difference. They mainly say choose which fragrance you like better much like CurlMix.

So which one smelled the best? @Bette Davis Eyes
They all smelled plasticky to me @DVAntDany I just wasn’t impressed but I never am by anything Curls make. Only thing I’ve ever liked is the control paste for twists.

LavenderMint

I can’t decide which experiment I want to do with my hair tomorrow

- UFD/ICH/MD with less water than typical to see if I get a longer lasting set

-UFD/ICH/ inner peace to give inner peace another chance.

And I need to clarify. It’s been 8 weeks.
What’s MD? I’ve never tried the Inner Peace but I’m curious. I ordered Innersense hydrating hair bath, the conditioner & ICH from Ulta on the 26 & they still haven’t updated my order so I’m trying to find out what’s going on.

Hey, @Napp haven't seen you around in a long time. Glad you’re still hanging in there!

School started this week & it’s a complete clusterf. :spinning: So I’m playing catch-up.
Between having the flu 2 weeks ago and this past week being the first week of school, it was 2 weeks since my last ccs. Washing after 2 weeks is always a shed hair chore but I chose to use The Doux One Love because I was/am still tired. Thankfully, it has enough slip that detangling was easy, if long because I forgot my brush (and I was NOT getting out for it).
At any rate, it only took between an hour to an hour &half to wash and completely detangle. I had to use smaller sections because it was just fingers.

I used UFD (outside the shower but kept my head covered with shower cap) followed right after with the Trepadora Papaya Slip…. Y'all…

I might be in love. :love4:
This stuff is aptly named, it’s so slippery. I did 9-14 sections, with half to 1.5 pumps of papaya slip. The only other time I’ve seen my hair clump root to tip was using Wetline. It weighed my hair down without feeling sticky and it even clumped the halo hair I have in the top of my head. I wish I had done the front of my head first just to see how it would react to the PS but oh well. Making sure to coat every strand and rake/smooth took me another 35-40min.
I dried for about 45min & instead of banding, I just pulled on my biggest bonnet.
My hair is still fluffy with 89% of my head retaining that root to top definition- not the very top or headband area, that’s the fluffy halo… but I am very pleased!!

I wish they we’re having a sale this weekend.

DVAntDany

What’s MD? I’ve never tried the Inner Peace but I’m curious. I ordered Innersense hydrating hair bath, the conditioner & ICH from Ulta on the 26 & they still haven’t updated my order so I’m trying to find out what’s going on.

Hey, @Napp haven't seen you around in a long time. Glad you’re still hanging in there!

School started this week & it’s a complete clusterf. :spinning: So I’m playing catch-up.
Between having the flu 2 weeks ago and this past week being the first week of school, it was 2 weeks since my last ccs. Washing after 2 weeks is always a shed hair chore but I chose to use The Doux One Love because I was/am still tired. Thankfully, it has enough slip that detangling was easy, if long because I forgot my brush (and I was NOT getting out for it).
At any rate, it only took between an hour to an hour &half to wash and completely detangle. I had to use smaller sections because it was just fingers.

I used UFD (outside the shower but kept my head covered with shower cap) followed right after with the Trepadora Papaya Slip…. Y'all…

I might be in love. :love4:
This stuff is aptly named, it’s so slippery. I did 9-14 sections, with half to 1.5 pumps of papaya slip. The only other time I’ve seen my hair clump root to tip was using Wetline. It weighed my hair down without feeling sticky and it even clumped the halo hair I have in the top of my head. I wish I had done the front of my head first just to see how it would react to the PS but oh well. Making sure to coat every strand and rake/smooth took me another 35-40min.
I dried for about 45min & instead of banding, I just pulled on my biggest bonnet.
My hair is still fluffy with 89% of my head retaining that root to top definition- not the very top or headband area, that’s the fluffy halo… but I am very pleased!!

I wish they we’re having a sale this weekend.
Lately I’ve been hearing about people using PS over both UFD and also Mousse Def. They are all saying they love the results.

I tried PS over Mielle Honey and Ginger gel and it turned white on the section I started on. I didn’t have a chance to sit under a dryer. I tried to mask the white section before heading out the door. Since then I haven’t tried it over other products.

LavenderMint

Ohhhh, MD is Mousse Def?? We use so many acronyms here that one just slipped my mind lol
I have MD and a few other foam/mousses but I’ve learned that my hair pretty much hates mousse for any style. Reminds me I need to toss them since I am “mousse def” not going to use them.

:look:I couldn’t resist, I’ll see myself out lol

DVAntDany

Ohhhh, MD is Mousse Def?? We use so many acronyms here that one just slipped my mind lol
I have MD and a few other foam/mousses but I’ve learned that my hair pretty much hates mousse for any style. Reminds me I need to toss them since I am “mousse def” not going to use them.

:look:I couldn’t resist, I’ll see myself out lol
I’m not going to lie. I’m the same way. Every time I see MD, I think of MD 20/20. I knew that wasn’t it but the context clues were not helping. Lol Im not sure why I wasn’t catching on.

DVAntDany

Ok, I lied. I haven’t started back of the BCG routine yet. I was put through some grimy labor today without my hair covered. So I co washed with The Doux One Love. I’m almost finished with my jar. Its definitely a repurchase. I’m trying to get my hair adequately dirty before clarifying.

I was going to use a sample packet of Mielle Twisting Soufflé. Just trying to use up my stash on not perfectly clean hair. I decided to first use the Pom & Honey leave in since this product needs to be put on damp hair. Ugh, just ugh. This is a product that requires shingling to prevent frizz.

I know it’s not intended for wash and goes but I was tempted. It was an immediate no go from the one little section in the back of my head. So I decided to just use the Pom and Honey mousse.

I’ve never used the mousse with the leave-in before. I don’t think I ever sat under a dryer with this mousse before either and I’ve been through 2 bottles already. It dried without the crispy crunch. I can’t say if it is the heat, the leave-in or both stopping the crispiness.

The only issue is that the shine is gone. I feel mousse is more shiny air drying than sitting under a dryer. Also, the mousse alone air drys in one hour. The leave-in on its own takes hours to dry. So you can imagine that it still wasn’t dry in an hour with this combo.

Also, the results of the Curls gel were really nice. I had decent volume from day one. It was light weight and had movement. Even the next day it looked good and felt super soft. I could barley feel the cast, but it was so defined. It also rinsed out from my hair really well. Like serious, it felt like nothing was on my hair while standing under the water. I think this is a winner for me.

GettingKinky

I bought 3 containers of UFD and 3 containers of jello shot during these Labor Day sales. Between that and what I already have in my stash I should be good for a year.
I also saw on the ecoslay IG page that jello shot is fine to freeze. So I think when my 3 pouches come I’ll put them all in the freezer.

toaster

@toaster Do you think your hooded dryer was worth it? I would like to buy a really nice dryer to dry my wash n goes. Any recommendations?
Oh I love my Collins Temptura dryer! They don’t send any instructions on how to put it together which is annoying, but they have two YouTube videos that help.

It’s hotter than Hades under that dryer, the air blows downwards and doesn’t mess up my wash and go, and I’m dry in an hour. Fully dry. If I turned it up higher I’m sure it would go faster but I don’t want to melt.

DVAntDany

Oh I love my Collins Temptura dryer! They don’t send any instructions on how to put it together which is annoying, but they have two YouTube videos that help.

It’s hotter than Hades under that dryer, the air blows downwards and doesn’t mess up my wash and go, and I’m dry in an hour. Fully dry. If I turned it up higher I’m sure it would go faster but I don’t want to melt.
So you have the same one Aeleise talks about. Glad to know it gives good results for home use.

KaciaLN12

I’m going away for a long weekend and I plan to be in the pool everyday. Do you guys wash you hair every night if you’re going to be in the pool multiple days in a row?
I’m thinking of just bunning and washing my hair on Wednesday after I get back home.
If I’m swimming at all, I wet my hair down, apply a good amount of good ole grease and then braid into two Pocahontas-type braids. I usually rinse the hair and rebraid (maybe re-grease, as well) until wash day. I just use the wash day after to really clarify.

GettingKinky

I was looking through my notes and one jar of jello shot lasts me about 12 uses.
Between the open jar I’m currently using, the unopened jar in my fridge and the 3 pouches I have on order I think I’m good until this time next year.

I also have 3 unopened 18oz UFD containers under my sink and 3 more on the way. I haven’t tracked how long 18oz of UFD last me, but I think what I have will last me a long time (unless I don’t like the new formula)

There is no need for me to order any more stylers for a long time. If you hear me talking about trying new stylers STOP ME (except maybe orange marmalade :drunk: )

The only hair thing I don’t have a lot of is conditioner. I need to stock up on Briogeo BGBK aloe + oats.