Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

ckisland

Today, I washed with the Doux's Ladies First (really like) and conditioned with Super Sonic (pretty good). Then I styled my wash n'go with a smidge of Bee Girl Custard and a lot of Crazy Sexy Curl on top.

I kind of love my results, but my 4b sections (around my ears) are acting a fool :cry3::cry3:. I have white little balls of product all over that section and only that section! Luckily my canopy covers that area pretty well, but I'm still tempted to wash and redo my hair all over again :wallbash:

janaq2003

Today, I washed with the Doux's Ladies First (really like) and conditioned with Super Sonic (pretty good). Then I styled my wash n'go with a smidge of Bee Girl Custard and a lot of Crazy Sexy Curl on top.

I kind of love my results, but my 4b sections (around my ears) are acting a fool :cry3::cry3:. I have white little balls of product all over that section and only that section! Luckily my canopy covers that area pretty well, but I'm still tempted to wash and redo my hair all over again :wallbash:
Been there done that. I can’t stand it so I rewatch. You’re not gonna rest until you redo it.

Evolving78

Did you leave conditioner in your hair?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie

Yanno the same thing happens to my 4b section above my ears on each side with styling products @ckisland

ckisland

Wash day take 2 is looking good so far!!
I washed, twice, with Ladies First and conditioned with Super Sonic. While in the shower, I applied the teeniest bit of Bee Custard to each soaking wet section. I blowdried enough for my hair to stop dripping. My hair's like 85% dry and there's still a firm hold :laugh: . I can't believe the Doux have the nerve to say that this custard has no crunch and a medium hold. Where? Just let it be the strong hold gel it truly is :yep: .

GettingKinky

I am in the process of using up my non staple products. Yesterday I cut open my ICH to scrape out the last bits. I probably have 1-2 more uses. Then I’ll switch to using up my kinky Curly Custard. That will probably last me 2-3 months.

So by March I should be back to UFD + jello shot. I have soooo much of both that I won’t run out for at least a year.

I really like the result of ICH, but it doesn’t have the hold of jello shot and it’s not black owned

GettingKinky

I booked a curly cut appointment with the stylist that is very near me. She still hasn’t added a cut only option. So I have to pay for a cut and wash/style and I will be there for 2.5 or more hours. I really want her to add a dry cut only service.
It will be almost exactly 6 months since my last cut and I definitely need my hair shaped up, and my ends trimmed. But for how much she charges I don’t see myself going more than 2x a year.

Evolving78

I booked a curly cut appointment with the stylist that is very near me. She still hasn’t added a cut only option. So I have to pay for a cut and wash/style and I will be there for 2.5 or more hours. I really want her to add a dry cut only service.
It will be almost exactly 6 months since my last cut and I definitely need my hair shaped up, and my ends trimmed. But for how much she charges I don’t see myself going more than 2x a year.
Let us know how your appointment and service goes! I hope you have wonderful experience!

Evolving78

I need to wash my hair today!! I’ve been rocking slouchy hats and been in a rut, so I need to do something about it. The last time I washed my hair, I left the conditioner in and just kept it moving. It’s been 7 days. I think I stopped myself from cutting this blonde out. I would lose the little bit of length I got, but I know I would gain it back by next spring. I think after all of this, I won’t bleach my hair to light blonde again. I won’t say never, but light blonde it too much work.
I might use a gel today instead of mousse.

ckisland

Had wash day yesterday. I used Suave Clarifying shampoo and conditioned with my usual DC. I styled with just Big Poppa and I kinda wish that I had ordered 2 jars of that instead of any Bee Girl Custard. It's just so good.

I wasn't feeling the shape of hair yesterday and was seriously considering how to cut it into a shape. Well I pineappled overnight and I'm in love :2inlove: I love love love the length of my hair right now.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I need to wash my hair today!! I’ve been rocking slouchy hats and been in a rut, so I need to do something about it. The last time I washed my hair, I left the conditioner in and just kept it moving. It’s been 7 days. I think I stopped myself from cutting this blonde out. I would lose the little bit of length I got, but I know I would gain it back by next spring. I think after all of this, I won’t bleach my hair to light blonde again. I won’t say never, but light blonde it too much work.
I might use a gel today instead of mousse.
Can you just dye it your natural hair color? That way you won’t have to cut?

Evolving78

I washed my hair yesterday.. My hormones have me off balance right now, but I’m trying not to get totally off track. So I washed my hair, detangled, put my hair in twists, and trimmed my hair ends. I left the conditioner in since it can be used as a leave-in.

I plan to wash my hair tomorrow, color, and style. Not sure if I’m going to use the African Pride gel or the mousse, or Mielle custard. I will use the Mielle leave-in. I might pin the sides up or do two or three small flat twists on the side. I may not do that at all! Lol

GGsKin

Why is KCC such a hit or a miss? I tried it years ago and I didn’t like it one bit. I think it was cool for my DD though. My issue was the application (I didn’t like how it felt going on) and shrinkage.
I like KCC, but I like Ecoslay jello shot so much better.
I have one last tub of KCC that I’m going to use up early next year.
I like both, but KCC is my fave. The bolded is how I feel about Jello Shot with application.

Evolving78

I found my combo, I will not be deviating from it! Mielle Pom leave-in and custard, and AP Rosewater something mousse.

I was not having a good wash day and styling session, so I decided to re-wash my hair and re-style it. I also thought I could just not detangle my hair again after I rinsed out the color, so with the whole do over thing, I decided to detangle my hair with my detangling brush while styling. I really had to remove all of the shed hair.
I’m sitting under the dryer now, and will see if I want to give my hair a little bit of lift, or leave it alone.

GettingKinky

I found my combo, I will not be deviating from it! Mielle Pom leave-in and custard, and AP Rosewater something mousse.

I was not having a good wash day and styling session, so I decided to re-wash my hair and re-style it. I also thought I could just not detangle my hair again after I rinsed out the color, so with the whole do over thing, I decided to detangle my hair with my detangling brush while styling. I really had to remove all of the shed hair.
I’m sitting under the dryer now, and will see if I want to give my hair a little bit of lift, or leave it alone.
Do you get strong hold from this combo?