Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I did a wash and go with doux bee girl and crazysexycurl mousse. My hair was so soft and it didnt define my roots worth squat! This gel used to give me a super crunch. IDK what happened.

This combo used to be a holy grail. the only difference is that I used the FHI unbrush to define my curls instead of my ride or die brush Felica Leatherwood.

IMG_3706_50_2_50.jpg

You can really see the difference between my natural hair at the roots but it still blends overall so I'm not cutting! :look:

DVAntDany

I did a wash and go with doux bee girl and crazysexycurl mousse. My hair was so soft and it didnt define my roots worth squat! This gel used to give me a super crunch. IDK what happened.

This combo used to be a holy grail. the only difference is that I used the FHI unbrush to define my curls instead of my ride or die brush Felica Leatherwood.

View attachment 488297

You can really see the difference between my natural hair at the roots but it still blends overall so I'm not cutting! :look:
That’s weird that it changed on you? Could it be the season affecting it? Either way, it still looks nice.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
That’s weird that it changed on you? Could it be the season affecting it? Either way, it still looks nice.
I have no idea. Before I just had to use a little bit but last night I had to pack it on just to see some definition. I'm annoyed because I just bought another jar for wash and go season. To be fair when I used it before I was more keratin treated and now im more natural. Also I used the Felica Leatherwood brush. That brush is magic for defining my curls.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I decided to use one of my favorite gels in an effort to reduce the stash. I used its a 10 coily gelled oil. I used to love this gel! My natural roots laugh at it now. I had to use more water than usual with this gel to get definition at the roots. I also had to use the whole tube to get these results when before i could get 2-3 uses. My hair looks great at the very least. I am going to be doing more wash and go experiments for a while to help get rid of product. I still hate waiting for my hair to dry though. Im going to have to sleep pretty tonight lol

Also side note, the felicial leatherwood brush gives me such perfect curls. I decided to always use it when defining my curls. Ill save the FHI unbrush for general detangling.
IMG_3550_2_50.jpg

Here is another photo after I slept on it on my better camera lol

IMG_3775_2_50.jpg

Last edited:

GettingKinky

While I was using up my stash of non-staple products, I went for 6 months without using UFD/JS. Now that I’ve been back to them for a month or so my hair finally seems back to the way it used to be.
I don’t know if I had to get my muscle memory back for this combo, or what, but I don’t plan to stray away from this combo again.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I’m never going to be a mousse washngo lady but what I have found is mousse will refresh my hair on days 3- however long I want to go. They re-activate my stylers wonderfully
I’ll use up my mousses I have in that way but won’t repurchase anymore.

Attachments

• A3FDEE5B-8623-41F7-ADBE-14A1177B79D4.jpeg
    A3FDEE5B-8623-41F7-ADBE-14A1177B79D4.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Washed my hair tonight. I’m on a every 2-3 days until my hair feels how I want it to feel a schedule. I also need to cut around 2-3 inches. I have a bad habit of ripping knots out. Been doing it for 15 years or so. I can’t help it.

next time I use my revair to stretch it I’ll cut it then. I used Mielle organic coil custard and hard hold gel.

Attachments

• 0F18B6F0-7297-4F3B-943B-66F819E4D221.jpeg
    0F18B6F0-7297-4F3B-943B-66F819E4D221.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 41

Evolving78

Washed my hair tonight. I’m on a every 2-3 days until my hair feels how I want it to feel a schedule. I also need to cut around 2-3 inches. I have a bad habit of ripping knots out. Been doing it for 15 years or so. I can’t help it.

next time I use my revair to stretch it I’ll cut it then. I used Mielle organic coil custard and hard hold gel.
I wanted to invest in that dryer, but imma wait. Maybe for Christmas?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
This is the last time I’m using alikay naturals lemongrass gel. Super defined, super shrunken, thin looking hair. I’m not a fan of the look. I want fullness vs definition now a days.
Any recommendations?

faithVA

I ordered the InnerSense I Create Definition to see if I can get something for vacation. Not sure when it will be here.

My hair doesn't usually do well with a mousse but we shall see. I have seen recently some people doing ICH and ICD together and calling it a day. Meh, may try it and may not (lol). Don't know what I want to do.

DVAntDany

I ordered the InnerSense I Create Definition to see if I can get something for vacation. Not sure when it will be here.

My hair doesn't usually do well with a mousse but we shall see. I have seen recently some people doing ICH and ICD together and calling it a day. Meh, may try it and may not (lol). Don't know what I want to do.

I tested the ICD on a portion of my hair. I Create Definition is not like a regular foam. It provides no clumping or definition. It just has lots of crunchy hold when it dries. It leaves a very crispy feeling, yet the crunch can not be scrunched out similar to The Doux Bee Girl Honey Curl Custard. So it is light weight like mousse, but hard like gel. I'm going to try it on all of my hair once I get around to washing my hair again.

It wasn't what I thought it would be. I don't think I'd like it as a one and done, but that might change once I use it all over. The updated notes for BGC products state that ICD plus ICH can airdry fairly quickly. Anything that can be airdried is a win for me. Spending copious amount of time drying my hair is the bane of my existence.

faithVA

I tested the ICD on a portion of my hair. I Create Definition is not like a regular foam. It provides no clumping or definition. It just has lots of crunchy hold when it dries. It leaves a very crispy feeling, yet the crunch can not be scrunched out similar to The Doux Bee Girl Honey Curl Custard. So it is light weight like mousse, but hard like gel. I'm going to try it on all of my hair once I get around to washing my hair again.

It wasn't what I thought it would be. I don't think I'd like it as a one and done, but that might change once I use it all over. The updated notes for BGC products state that ICD plus ICH can airdry fairly quickly. Anything that can be airdried is a win for me. Spending copious amount of time drying my hair is the bane of my existence.

I would like a quick combo that allowed me to do my hair every 2 day. So if I can use 2 products and have my hair dry quick that would be great.

Usually, when I put mousse on my hair I lose all curl definition :sad: So I can't even do mousse for a 1 day quickie (blah)

I'm not sure when it arrives but will keep you posted.

DVAntDany

I’m never going to be a mousse washngo lady but what I have found is mousse will refresh my hair on days 3- however long I want to go. They re-activate my stylers wonderfully
I’ll use up my mousses I have in that way but won’t repurchase anymore.
I feel the same way about most mousses and foams. I think it works better as a stand alone product for silkier textures or for getting fluffy voluminous styles with little effort.

Last edited:

DVAntDany

I’m currently sitting under my hooded dryer and a bit disappointed. I should have taken heed of people on the FB Digital Salon Alumni talking about the ICH + ICD combo. One person said she started off doing it the recommended way of ICH as a base and ICD as a topper. She wasn’t seeing the hold needed. So she switched it up by using ICD as the base and ICH as the topper. She liked that much better. The parts that she did the suggested way had frizz. She eventually redid her whole head with her preferred combo and it looks nice. All I can say is that it is not looking how I thought it would.

I’ve never used ICH as instructed before. Meaning I’ve never used ICH with a whole lot of water. ICH with a whole lot of water has no real weight. I saw wet frizz. I don’t have a liter bottle of it to use enough on non soaking wet hair. I saw no popping definition as I do when ICH is placed over UFD. The foam didn’t do much to help either. I’m not sure if its going to look better than a regular mousse wash and go when it is dry.

DVAntDany

I guess I’ll update you all on other stuff. Just for Me Curl Peace foam as base + slime as topper is nice. It is not rain proof though but easily lasted me a week. The foam gave slip and volume while the slime gave weight and definition. I had 3/4 a jar left. I usually need over half the jar to use it as a one and done.

Here is day 2 or 3

Attachments

• 0347AE29-38F3-4FFF-B18D-DB486D6327AF.jpeg
    0347AE29-38F3-4FFF-B18D-DB486D6327AF.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 34

DVAntDany

Also, I think I might be irritated by something in Innersense Shampoos. I washed out the JFM Curl Peace products with the Curl Peace shampoo and conditioner. It came out easily. I then styled me hair with ORS HD Curl Clumping Gel.

I didn’t even get buildup on my scalp until day 9. My scalp has no sores and very minimal dandruff at the back of my head. Using Innersense Pure Harmony Hairbath had my whole hairline looking like I had psoriasis. The more I used it, the worse it looked.

I used the ORS gel alone. It provided great definition and hold while used on soaking wet hair. It lasted roughly 10 days. It gave lots of volume without trying. Some nights I covered my hair and some nights I didn’t.

The only con is that it is initially super crispy and stiff like The Doux Bee Girl Honey Custard or Innersense ICD. Luckily, the crunch can be scrunched out. The cast flakes but doesn’t look white on the hair. It just left some dust on my shoulders. After a few days the cast lightened up some.

Day 1
5A452B71-C57A-4B07-8E6A-4ECD6015F8A9.jpeg7E286B23-6CBB-497F-9CF5-B370E3BC636B.jpeg

Day 10

26B38D8C-83B3-484F-A72D-C8D18E9F818B.jpeg

DVAntDany

Hmm, here are the results of ICH + ICD. I hover diffused the ends and inside underneath for 10 to 15 mins. I then sat under my hooded dryer for 10 to 15 mins. It’s 95% dry.

It’s not as crunchy as used by itself. It feels like I used mousse. It also looks like I used mousse. It has just a tad more shine than mousse and a whole lot of volume to the sides.

C705AB1B-1BF3-4BED-B493-8AFBFCA300D5.jpeg56A997A2-37FF-45A8-A64B-50AA570EDE56.jpeg6E2DBD29-F5C3-453F-8040-429FC6C142C0.jpeg

DVAntDany

I was just looking at the ORS gel to buy @DVAntDany
Its pretty nice. You might like it. The only reason I didn't use it again is because I'm in an experimenting mood. It doesn't dry quickly. However, the exterior forms a pretty firm cast. I slept on my hair that was still wet on the interior. It didn't look deformed or crushed. The day 1 pics is after I slept on it.

faithVA

I needed to at least get some water on my hair but I didn't feel like doing it but it couldn't wait until the weekend.

I shampooed once and condition. I detangled and I had sooo much shed hair. Then I put in 4 pumps of UFD and some water and raked and left it at that.

It looks like nothing but I at least gave it some moisture. I have to be on camera at 3, so I will put it in a puff.

Maybe this weekend, I play around with some clay. Let me go find that MHM thread.

DVAntDany

So its day 2. The set came out much softer than I expected. In person, the fluffy areas actually have a nice sheen. Besides looking like a mousse wash n go, the only con is that my ends are fused together. I can not separate my hair. There are somewhat large areas of curls stuck together at the ends that prevent me from adjusting the shape. I also forgot to cover my hair last night.

This is unrelated to hair. I had my wisdom teeth removed about a week ago. I went back yesterday for an unexpected follow up. I am officially a whale. I can blow water out my nose because I have a perforated sinus. I also feel like I'm filter feeding eating all of this soft food.

Day 2 Pic
B0D8BE81-EC41-4DC5-95D1-04E7EA52BB24.jpegD78E31E2-F660-437B-BE84-68D4F6BE04A6.jpeg

GettingKinky

I think maybe I will let my stylist blow out my hair and trim it, when I see her at the end of April. I’m a little nervous though because I haven’t had my hair blown out in over 5 years and I will be crushed if my curls suffer.
I have to figure out what’s more important to me, maximum length retention or minimizing the risk to my curls.

I used to get my hair flat ironed every 8 weeks and I stopped when I got heat damage. I think my hair is in much better condition now than back then, so a blow out shouldn’t damage my curls, but I’m still slightly anxious.