Weave it Up Challenge 2012 (6 Month Edition)

What type of hair is that? Brand, price, quality?
BBritdenise, the hair is from a chinese vendor, the hair is malaysian hair processed to a coarse yaki curl/wave (customed ordered) 3.5 oz of 18 (half was used), 3.5 oz of 20" (almost all was used) and 4.0 oz of 22 (all was used). The hair is holding up well so far but I'm kind of wary when the hair is double processed.

Still in the wig I cowash every other day and I dunno I feel like rinsing my hair some color but I'll probably do that this week end I think I wanna go a tad more redish/orange or something. I'm still using megatek every week and Bentonite clay 2x per month since I havent really been using shampoo now.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I loves Ariene hair on Love and HIPHOP ATL, I want my next doo to be like that. Have yall seen a wig? If not I will have to get a quickweave made.....

I've been spraying my hair with a mixture of Wen 613, rosewater,glycerin,and linseed oil. I hope its all good up under there!
Also,flat twisting and blending using Let's Jam custard. This stuff is bomb.com!

I tried to go 2 weeks between washes but my scalp wasn't having it. I washed tonight with diluted elucence. DC on dry hair before with Shea Moisture repair mask. My greys were showing so did a black rinse with Clairol Beautiful Instincts. I smoothed down my EcoStyler OO/SM Smoothie mix and I'm sitting under the dryer now to dry my braids before I go to sleep. I will try to post pictures in the morning.

Oh yea...
It will be 8 weeks in this sew-in on Friday. :yay::yay:
Four more weeks to go before my take down/reinstall appointment. :yep:

I never knew that wearing weaves could be so enjoyable. I can't wait to see how much growth I got.

I want to join this challenge since hiding my hair via weave/upart wigs is my fave protective style ;-) right now my hair is braided underneath and sew my wig on just at my leave out and pin the back so I can GHE at night, I'm wearing allaboutmyhair.com kinky curly hair I've had it for 4 wks there's not a lot of shedding but tons of ssk's I'm not liking that but fortunately the hair is so thick It doesn't look like I loss *** much hair as I've cut out. I bought a closure virgin Brazilian that I can't wait to try it bc it's so much better than my ONYC Indian one I'll be switching back to long and wavy hair around the end of August here's some pics of my hair I won't be using heat or wearing my hair until December hoping to get to APL for my nappiversary ;-)

Eta: pics

Attachments

• image-3131245778.jpg
    image-3131245778.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image-945736140.jpg
    image-945736140.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 76
  • image-510710080.jpg
    image-510710080.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hey ladies!!! So I'm at 7 weeks and 2 days and my install still looks good. My hair is healthy doing well SO I cut my 14" hair into a chin length bob!!! I wanted a different look before I get my new install in 2 weeks!

The cut is a little short for my taste but it feels and looks like I have a completely new sew in! Plus the short hair is perfect for 100+ degree heat!!!

I'm still taking hair vitamins daily! I hope the challenge is going well for all of you! Happy hair growing!!!

I'm coming up on week 2 of this install. I just did an acv rinse (it stops the itchies) and a dc. My scalp feels so good.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

I want to join this challenge since hiding my hair via weave/upart wigs is my fave protective style ;-) right now my hair is braided underneath and sew my wig on just at my leave out and pin the back so I can GHE at night, I'm wearing allaboutmyhair.com kinky curly hair I've had it for 4 wks there's not a lot of shedding but tons of ssk's I'm not liking that but fortunately the hair is so thick It doesn't look like I loss *** much hair as I've cut out. I bought a closure virgin Brazilian that I can't wait to try it bc it's so much better than my ONYC Indian one I'll be switching back to long and wavy hair around the end of August here's some pics of my hair I won't be using heat or wearing my hair until December hoping to get to APL for my nappiversary ;-)

Eta: pics

That hair is pretty on you, and looks very natural. I've got one more week to go in this install. Then what? We'll see!

Can I join? Took out my weave about 2 weeks ago and will be purchasing hair from a CV within the next week. I have only worn weave twice and they have been curly and Mongolian. The Mongolian is much thicker than my natural hair and it's quite obvious. What is a similar texture but with thinner strands? Peruvian?

Also, im curious about getting a straight install but im too scared im kinda used to curly :look: Im transitioning and dont want to damage my natural roots by flat ironing too often.

Any suggestions/tips?

@shokolate yes, join on in. I'm staying away from straight installs. I flat ironed my leave out to oblivion and paid for it! It so much better w/kinky curly hair.

Hello ladies, I have been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to join after weaving yesterday :) I found it when searching for Bobraz, and fell in love with it.
I will try to keep it for 10 to 12 weeks.
I will spritz my braids under with water and some oils daily.
I will moisturize my hair with ORS olive oil before twisting for blending.
I do not know yet how often I will wash and condition my hair (weekly or biweekly).
My main goal is to thicken my hair a bit. I am a 4a/b natural and big chopped in August 2010. I am a very slow grower !

Attachments

• image-2963237044.jpg
    image-2963237044.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-316620088.jpg
    image-316620088.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 69
Ciacia said:
Hello ladies, I have been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to join after weaving yesterday :) I found it when searching for Bobraz, and fell in love with it.
I will try to keep it for 10 to 12 weeks.
I will spritz my braids under with water and some oils daily.
I will moisturize my hair with ORS olive oil before twisting for blending.
I do not know yet how often I will wash and condition my hair (weekly or biweekly).
My main goal is to thicken my hair a bit. I am a 4a/b natural and big chopped in August 2010. I am a very slow grower !

Current length: front below lips, back collar bone

Do you guys leave your hair out or no? All the invisible part sew ins i see on youtube look obvious and bad except bangs.

I keep my perimeter in micros now. For my next install (Bobraz) I think I will leave out. Should be interesting-- blending kinky curly hair.

shockolate said:
Do you guys leave your hair out or no? All the invisible part sew ins i see on youtube look obvious and bad except bangs.

I leave my front edges and a "u" or "horseshoe" area where I have my part for a more natural look. I'm in the military so my sew ins have to be short or long enough to pull into a bun, either way I like it to look as natural as possible!!

shockolate said:

I wear lace closures. That way I have "scalp" and it looks pretty natural as long ad you sew very flat. Here's a pic of my last installed closure.

ForumRunner_20120630_210350.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

shockolate,

Go w/ brazilian hair from the cv you are using
I have my sides and leave-out on my left side. The previous install, I had my part of the right side. For my next install, I'm planning on using a lace or silk closure jus to give my leave-out a break.

I leave my front edges and a "u" or "horseshoe" area where I have my part for a more natural look. I'm in the military so my sew ins have to be short or long enough to pull into a bun, either way I like it to look as natural as possible!!

This is what ive done and i currently have 2 textures so its hard to blend :ohwell:

I wear lace closures. That way I have "scalp" and it looks pretty natural as long ad you sew very flat. Here's a pic of my last installed closure.

View attachment 157347

That looks really good. Do you have to glue the closure?
shockolate,

Go w/ brazilian hair from the cv you are using
I have my sides and leave-out on my left side. The previous install, I had my part of the right side. For my next install, I'm planning on using a lace or silk closure jus to give my leave-out a break.

shockolate I sew the back and sides and let it float on the front. I tried glue but my skin is oily and I sweat bad on my forehead. I'm terrified of using a glue regularly that my oily *** skin can't eat through lol.

shockolate I sew the back and sides and let it float on the front. I tried glue but my skin is oily and I sweat bad on my forehead. I'm terrified of using a glue regularly that my oily *** skin can't eat through lol.

thank you. im going to buy a lace closure then i dont know if ill look good with bangs.

Just put my install in myself or the first time it's cite on the outside but it's going to be a mess taking down hehehe it's a jeri curl by eve I hope it will last 2 months if not I will have my friend redo it for me

Attachments

• image-2468263514.jpg
    image-2468263514.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 71
As my hair gets thicker and longer I find that I cant use my trusty old braid pattern any longer :( A stylist friend of mine told me the circular beehive pattern is best for longer hair BUT my hair is the thickest at the crown and my weave base was lumpy when I used it.

Do any ladies with long/thick hair have braid pattern suggestions?

So I had to snatch my upart wig off its so hot! Lol I ordered 16 more oz of brazilian natural wave from queen hair products on aliexpress I still have 14 oz from last sept that's Gorg but I ombre'd it and want to keep it like that don't think I'll dye this stash just play with my old one, I'm gonna rock the curly along with faux high buns using marley hair for the rest of the summer since I can't have my hair out during Clinicals :-( now I'm just rocking my hair in a puff until I get some new marley hair I'll rock that look next week during exams and but to my curly until middle of aug then it's my braz wavy closure and new batch of hair for the fall :)

shockolate said:

I leave my hair out with my kinky curly hair bc it matches my hair and I had to cut heat damage on my leave out after bc'ing :-( but I wear closures too with my braz hair

Do any of you know the main difference between Indian and Remy hair?

I've been buying Remy for years now spending at least $85 or more on one bag/box/bundle of hair; today I bought Indian hair-- a cute wet and wavy for the summer-- and when I checked out it was $34 for TWO!!! Is there a significant difference in quality or have I been wasting money all this time?

Oneprettypa said:
Do any of you know the main difference between Indian and Remy hair?

I've been buying Remy for years now spending at least $85 or more on one bag/box/bundle of hair; today I bought Indian hair-- a cute wet and wavy for the summer-- and when I checked out it was $34 for TWO!!! Is there a significant difference in quality or have I been wasting money all this time?

Possibly that one is virgin and the other is processed? Remy denotes the direction of the cuticle hth ;-)

Indian hair just sounds like a generic name they use so the product sounds attractive. I don't know that it denotes anything. However, Remy hair means the hair has the cuticle in tact and it is all facing the same direction. It avoids hair tangles and matting that you get with has not gone through harsh chemical processing & coatings.

Back