Weave it Up Challenge 2012 (6 Month Edition)

Shalay11

I'd like to join I've already been wearing Sewins and braids for last few months...

image-2427749367.jpg

June pic

image-736924964.jpg

Current sew in that's been in for about a month in 2 or 3 weeks...

How Long are you wearing sew-ins (total): my current sew in is my third one

Why are you wearing sew-ins: to gain and retain length

Regimen: while in sew in I only shampoo in condition once a month... I spray scalp with a mix of infusium/suave conditioner/ monistat/ water/tea tree eo every 2-3 days I use fantasias pm oil on scalp and hair 1 time a week and sometimes spray hair under weave with aphogee green tea keratin spray

Products you are using for your own hair and for your weave: see above.. And I only shampoo and condition weave using suave conditioner and suave rosemary mint shampoo

End of challenge goal: I would love to be 10 inches all around if not more

Post a starting length picture; or describe starting length/condition: see pics above

Shalay11

......... Also I've joined same challenge on curly Nikki

Attachments

• image-1983371950.jpg
    image-1983371950.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 47
  • image-2667244145.jpg
    image-2667244145.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Britt

I'd like to join this challenge. I got my first full head sew in (perimeter left out) 2 weeks ago. I plan to keep this in for 8 weeks and then take it down to reinstall it again. I'm wearing Extensions Plus Relaxed texture and a little bit of their silky relaxed texture. I love this hair, it looks just like my own relaxed hair. I'm excited about the amount of new growth I will have when I take this down. That will put me at about 21 weeks of new growth. If all goes well, I will reinstall and possibly give thought about transitioning to natural. I don't miss my own hair :lol:, the only thing I miss is easy access to my scalp.

scarcity21

YoursTrulyRE said:
Haven't updated in awhile but I lasted 12 weeks in my last install. Went on 7/27 and got it reinstalled (reused my onyc kinky curly). My stylist says I got some good growth some I'm going to try to keep this install in for 12 weeks as well.

For those ladies looking for a good moisturizer for your braids underneath, I've been using Shea Moisture Smoothie and it works great. My stylist said that my hair was so moisturizer that take down was a breeze for her.

YoursTrulyRE How do u use this? Looks like it comes in a jar?

beautyintheyes

I've got so bored with is sew in I cut it and died the tips which I like but that will only save it for so long I miss my hair

Attachments

• image-3958312079.jpg
    image-3958312079.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image-441029949.jpg
    image-441029949.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 68

SkySurfer

Co-washed only the weave hair yday.
I'm trying to avoid my natural hair matting, so I'm reducing the frequency with which I wash the braids underneath.

polished07

Washing my upart today but not taking off my head since my closure is sewed on I've been sweating and working out so my hair is ewwww :-( so I'm going to workout first then wash and airdry after that I will straighten and flexirod it for the week :) I'm really living my closure application this time Im so happy I dont have to blend

polished07

Just straighten my hurr gonna wear it like this for the week thanks to my Wigo it will stay straight after being wrapped w/o me hitting it with any hot tools :)

GeorginaSparks

My current install:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i finally got my takedown. i have not relaxed in a year, so i my goal is to basically maintaining at the same length. i trimmed about an inch or so of relaxed hair.

here are some pics of my hair. in the pink smock you can see my hair after the weave takedown before the trim. you can see the thin previously relaxed ends. and then after the trim. and the final style.

i haven't relaxed in a year. my hair is texlaxed with about 6 inches of natural roots. i have very fine, fragile, 3c hair that doesn't like chemicals. when i was regularly touching up my roots, i did it 2 times a year. i take care to protect my ends, so my hair is not overprocessed. what you see in the before picture is just the natural wearing away of my hair over time. i rarely use heat. (maybe 2-3 times a year) and i dust my ends every 2 months or so. in short, i take care of my hair.

anyway....what you see here (the thinning ends) is the reason i decided to stop relaxing/texlaxing....at least for now. i can't seem to get past BSL and i feel for me that relaxing is the reason. which makes me sad because i love the ease of relaxed hair.:spinning:

Attachments

• photo(64).jpg
    photo(64).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 91
  • photo(65).jpg
    photo(65).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 85
  • photo(66).jpg
    photo(66).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 96

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
well, i guess i will be kinda in this challenge soon.
I'm getting a weave for going back to school.
Hair Esthetics Kinky straight, 12 in.
I plan to keep it in about 3 months, if not longer.
my regimen in weaves is really simple. wash and DC once a week, style. oil my scalp and edges at night. i hope to get some good growth and some time away from my hair, while still being able to style hair.

shortt29

havilland said:
i finally got my takedown. i have not relaxed in a year, so i my goal is to basically maintaining at the same length. i trimmed about an inch or so of relaxed hair.

here are some pics of my hair. in the pink smock you can see my hair after the weave takedown before the trim. you can see the thin previously relaxed ends. and then after the trim. and the final style.

i haven't relaxed in a year. my hair is texlaxed with about 6 inches of natural roots. i have very fine, fragile, 3c hair that doesn't like chemicals. when i was regularly touching up my roots, i did it 2 times a year. i take care to protect my ends, so my hair is not overprocessed. what you see in the before picture is just the natural wearing away of my hair over time. i rarely use heat. (maybe 2-3 times a year) and i dust my ends every 2 months or so. in short, i take care of my hair.

anyway....what you see here (the thinning ends) is the reason i decided to stop relaxing/texlaxing....at least for now. i can't seem to get past BSL and i feel for me that relaxing is the reason. which makes me sad because i love the ease of relaxed hair.:spinning:

Looks fabulous! That's what my hair used to look like...tail and all. I hope the end result of my transition ends up as good and this :)

ms.blue

Getting another sew-in today. I'm using virgin filipino straight hair dyed natural blue/black 2 bundles maybe 3. I hope it comes out right.

polished07

Ok goal is to keep my upart on till labor day weekend wash dc all day rebraid and put back on for another 4 wks keep doing that till I get a trim idk when though since I bc'd in feb

Napp

Ms. Nobody
can anyone recommend and inexpensive brand that is good. i wish i could get into weave but the prices seem high to me.

Oneprettypa

I'm getting a new install Saturday and I'm trying something new (to me!). I'm going to use a lace front closure to protect the edges I usually leave out for the natural look. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to make sure the closure is sewn in opposed to glued or taped. :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Britt

I'm loving the ease of this weave. For the past two weeks I've been wearing it back in a bun and while that's really simple, I'm quite content with that. The only thing I've started doing at night is moisturizing my perimeter leave out. Maybe when the weather cools down some I'll opt to wear it out more but even then, with all the new growth - I'll certain have to flat iron the edges so that it blends well and my hair seems to revert pretty easily. As my hair continues to grow and the new growth gets much longer, not quite sure what I'll do with the weave situation then but I'll find a way to make it work because I really want to use this as a mechanism for transitioning to natural. Trying to squeeze a good 4 more weeks out of this install and then take it down and reinstall the next day.

polished07

Re-installed my upart and closure after about 2 weeks of wearing my natural hair out! It will be tucked away for the winter months!

Attachments

• image-2612660446.jpg
    image-2612660446.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3148244975.jpg
    image-3148244975.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 72

scarcity21

polished07 said:
Re-installed my upart and closure after about 2 weeks of wearing my natural hair out! It will be tucked away for the winter months!

Looking good...details pls?

GeorginaSparks

I took down the TGH after a month and installed Sassy Mitchell Tight Curly. I plan to keep it in for 3 months. I might get it re-installed after 6 weeks. What shampoo/conditioner/leave-in is good for curly hair to maintain the curls?

beana

I just realized I haven't posted any pics in this thread:look: I wear weaves 85% of the time. This is my latest self-install. I overcame my fear of length and used 18-20 for this (long for me, I usually wear a 14")

I am a 4a/b natural.

Backshot

Blending

Half pressed/ half natural

Blending close-up (i left the track exposed on purpose so you can see the textures side by side)

Curls