what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

HairNinja

@ DivaDee62

Hope the mods understand I've been sitting on this info hoping for the best. It's true though. I deleted the link.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
No I was saying NJoy claimed to personally know the creator of the original patent. Yes she did revamp and improve the sulfur mix recipes that were already shared on this forum.

Sorry. I was replying to another poster.

From the link you provided, I find Njoy to be really nasty. The other poster did bring up some good points. Regardless who the original patent belongs to, it all sounds suspect. Last, Njoy is going too hard for someone who seems to not even be defend herself.

DivaDee62

@ DivaDee62

Hope the mods understand I've been sitting on this info hoping for the best. It's true though. I deleted the link.

Yeah I didn't find out about the patent dispute until I was well into my refund fight with her back in August. When I read that, it made me more determined to get my money back which I'm glad I did. I edited my response to you that had the link and removed it as well!

I'm sure the next excuses will be medical/death in family/etc or maybe just maybe she will admit that the money is gone and no refunds will happen.

HairNinja

Sorry. I was replying to another poster.

From the link you provided, I find Njoy to be really nasty. The other poster did bring up some good points. Regardless who the original patent belongs to, it all sounds suspect. Last, Njoy is going too hard for someone who seems to not even be defend herself.

I don't know NJoy like that when I checked regularly on the forum she was very informative and answered all questions. I never purchased her oil. Yes some may not like her but she called it.

The patent owner is the original creator of this product and it has been halted legally. She can stay in hiding forever, her product may just hit the shelves without some Kickstarter backing. So no matter how people feel about NJoy she was right. And very confident about it.

I only pledged $25 but I'm still upset.

SuchaLady

Sorry. I was replying to another poster. From the link you provided, I find Njoy to be really nasty. The other poster did bring up some good points. Regardless who the original patent belongs to, it all sounds suspect. Last, Njoy is going too hard for someone who seems to not even be defend herself.

Yeah apparently she is ratchet there and was classy here. The internet gives people too much courage for my tastes.

Lilmama1011

Well some won't be mad because a lot said they are only pledging what they can afford to lose so.... I was so close to pledging but wanted to see reviews first. Glad I won't be in this commotion

hair4romheaven

The owner can't defend herself because she knew no one was getting the product but she certainly received money from members. Has she been.back to the thread to defend herself? Has she refunded money? No! I'm with Njoy on this one. I'm tired of people.coming here promoting products with the only intentions of.stealing. I'm glad I didn't give the thief my money.
Dragging table of one is ready and waiting!

HairNinja

The owner can't defend herself because she knew no one was getting the product but she certainly received money from members. Has she been.back to the thread to defend herself? Has she refunded money? No! I'm with Njoy on this one. I'm tired of people.coming here promoting products with the only intentions of.stealing. I'm glad I didn't give the thief my money.
Dragging table of one is ready and waiting!

I started getting skeptical cause Kelechi kept saying patent pending. That means she never had a patent so I did some Web research and that's what I found. I hope the original owner gets this on the store shelves so I can get me some.

Urban

Interesting. So glad I followed my gut instinct and backed out. The way she started being evasive towards this forum even though the ladies here were helping/ supporting her to promote her product. Logging in, reading the thread and not responding (looks like she didn't know about the lhcfbi).

I hope everyone gets their refund. That'll be the true test of how genuine she was to begin with.

Kelechi, if you ever want to start another business (or job), you better refund every single investor because then you can at least say that things didn't work out but everyone can testify to recieving every cent back. Google doesn't forget.

prettybyrd

I started getting skeptical cause Kelechi kept saying patent pending. That means she never had a patent so I did some Web research and that's what I found. I hope the original owner gets this on the store shelves so I can get me some.

I have to admit, when I read "patent pending", I reduced my original donation to one that I could afford to lose should something go wrong. Glad I did that! This woman hasn't been able to return an email timely, I know I ain't seeing that money again.

Her letter actually raises more questions for me than answers them. I'd like to know why she went through with a Kickstarter in May 2014 after being notified in December 2013 that she was possibly violating (infringing?) another patent, and then in February 2014 threatened with legal action due to the same patent issue.

I understand that the rule of business is caveat emptor, however, there needs to be some seller accountability too. It seems quite shady to start a Kickstarter campaign knowing that you don't own the patent to the product that you're trying to secure funding for. I'll reserve my other questions, I don't want to come off as being too messy, but this just doesn't make sense.

I got got this time, but in the future, I will reserve my investments for people I already know with products that belong to them. This was the only Kickstarter to go bad for me, but it's left a bad enough taste in my mouth that I doubt I'll support another.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Glad I got my money back. This whole process made me never want to use kickstarter again. It's completely up to the seller to refund your money if they don't deliver what they promise and as seen here she took her sweet time even acknowleging correspondence, not to mention actually refunding the money

*Frisky*

Yikes! I never would of thought that a product idea that I wanted to support was actually a stolen idea from somebody else. I guess all bases need to be covered and researched for stuff like this.

JaneBond007

I guess I don't quite comprehend because there are tons of "rollers" with the same features, just ever-so-slight differences. Do they all have original patents? NJoy's copy of sulfur oil, shampoos, conditioners, black soaps etc., how do they get them to not infringe upon another patent?

HairNinja

I guess I don't quite comprehend because there are tons of "rollers" with the same features, just ever-so-slight differences. Do they all have original patents? NJoy's copy of sulfur oil, shampoos, conditioners, black soaps etc., how do they get them to not infringe upon another patent?

From what I know some patents have a time limit for products and meds. Hence why we have generic everything. I'm still waiting for some meds to have a generic form. I'm not sure how long certain patents last. But if you change up the ingredients that's another story.

DivaDee62

Not sure of the legalese but it happens with other products. The most public was when L'Oreal(Parent company of Skinceuticals) sued Cosmetics Skin Solution for duplicating their Vitamin C Serum. I believe L'Oreal won but CSS still sells their Vitamin C Serum but I think they had to change the formula.

I would imagine most companies don't bother or they get the defendant to settle or meet their terms before anything goes public.

msbettyboop

NJoy seems pressed as if she's the original owner of the patent. Anyway, I feel so bad for Kelechi because her dreams have basically tanked now. I hope she can regroup and come back stronger and I hope she sticks to her word and refunds everyone. I won't start calling her a thief just yet....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

GoldenRule

I think she was sincere...just bit off more than she could chew. I hope we get our refunds. This will end up being a costly adventure for her -- somewhat of a nightmare. I'm sure she'll be glad to have it all behind her.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
This woman when from starting 50-11 threads to not responding at all. I knew something was off about this whole thing. I learned many moons ago while watching another scam unfold to only trust vendors with a track record.

Stormy

I see why she kept changing the design now. Or trying to. SMH at the whole mess. I hope everyone gets their money back.

Urban

I see why she kept changing the design now. Or trying to. SMH at the whole mess. I hope everyone gets their money back.

It now makes sense. A few of us couldn't understand it and were pretty much told to keep quiet because we didn't know anything about producing a product :look:. It all makes sense now :yep:.

Last edited:

DivaDee62

I feel sorry for anyone not a part of the Kickstarter that goes to her company website and pre-orders. I'm sure she is still gonna take that money, not shut down that website, and use that money to refund the original folks. Just a classic Ponzi scheme. Robbing Peter to pay Paul...

And yes, that Standalone website is still up and accepting orders AND Payments...

Sosa

This is all so disappointing :sad:.
But I learned a lot from the sidelines on what not to do when launching a product :look:.

Nazaneen

I feel sorry for anyone not a part of the Kickstarter that goes to her company website and pre-orders. I'm sure she is still gonna take that money, not shut down that website, and use that money to refund the original folks. Just a classic Ponzi scheme. Robbing Peter to pay Paul...

And yes, that Standalone website is still up and accepting orders AND Payments...

:lol: :lol:

Healthb4Length

I'm so glad I went with my gut instincts on this one! It started from the very beginning when I and others made simple requests. She couldn't fullfill them, that was red flag #1 for me. THe constant change of prototypes...red flag #2, it all keep building up. Nail in the coffin for me was Njoy's post about the original patent:nono:. Sometimes when you voice your opinions on this forum and they aren't particularly popular people want to ignore you or insinuate that you're a jealous hater:nono: could be the furthest thing from the truth. I'm all for the underdog and sistahs becoming productive and starting their own businesses, but sometimes it is our willingness to put up with just about anything that makes some of us victims (repeatedly). K-lechi was given plenty of solid business ideas to make her transition smooth yet it seemed as if they were mainly ignored. I'm still a positive person and I truely hope for the best and hope that the straight plaits come to fruition but it will not be coming out of my pocket.