What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

What is/was the hardest growth goal for you to reach?

• Total voters

candy626

Mine has been Mid-back length. I always get to bra-strap length but have to cut due to breakage/split ends. I'm wondering if wearing wigs over the winter will help me to fianlly reach this goal.

If anyone here has broken through a growth barrier, please share how you altered your regimen :drunk:

Stormy

Yes! I would like to know too. I voted arm pit length because I can get to shoulder length, but for some reason my hair just gets stagnant at that point, or like you said starts breaking. Then, I have to end up getting it cut and I'm back up to neck length or just barely shoulder length.

BSL. It seemed to take forever. Mind you, I always had long hair; but, I cut after the birth of my second son and when I decided to grew it out, I had no idea how hard it would when I was conscious of it.

Forever in Bloom

APL...

WOO BOY!

It seemed like it took forever. When I finally made it there, it was only 5 months later that I actually made BSL :look:

ATLcutey20

APL for sure! I have been relaxed, natural, and back to relaxed & still trying to get there. Hoping to get there by Dec (fingers crossed)!

mscocoface

Between Bra strap to Mid Back it seems like it is been going on for years and years and years and years and........

I am on a mini challenge to keep my hair pinned up or off my shoulders for the next year. It is long enough to do pin up styles now so keeping it up is now the goal.

Triniwegian

APL, hands down. The space between SL and APL is so long, it took me about 18 moths to get there. I had to completely stop wearing my hair out in order to get to APL.

BSL is a tricky one too, because it's hard to determine exactly where it is.

hair_rehab

APL. I feel so close yet so far away. When I finally get there it will the first time since I was about 7 that my hair has been that long.

mieshashair

Now I've been trying to make it to WL for 2 years!! Everytime I think I'm close I hv a set back but hopefully I will make by May!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ezina

For me, APL. I think part of the reason is that when I started my hair journey, I was SL, super anxious and impatient, made lots of mistakes, etc, which only made APL seem further away. I bet if I started at EL or APL, I would have said that SL or BSL, respectfully, was the hardest for the same reasons.

Last edited:

candy626

APL, hands down. The space between SL and APL is so long, it took me about 18 moths to get there. I had to completely stop wearing my hair out in order to get to APL.

BSL is a tricky one too, because it's hard to determine exactly where it is.

It seems like I may need to try not wearing my hair out for awhile also... Particularly during these winter months. I'm hoping a lace front will help me retain some length

Jewell

Hardest for me has been WL, even while relaxed. I had no prob getting to and maintaining MBL, but to get those extra 4" to waist length is just sooo hard it seems! Seems like my torso gets longer and longer the closer I get to MBL, and it seems to take forever to get to WL. I have done it one time, and one time only while transitioning! But I'm aiming for it again by June 2012.

I was only able to get to WL while transitioning by PS 100% of the time, and today I wore my hair out for the first time in YEARS. I hated the shrinkage I got and how dry my hair felt after wearing it out today...I much prefer PS. I do wigs from Oct-March each year and that helps a lot with my length and thickness goals.

Last edited:

ANUBIS

I voted mbl because i can make it to bsl easily but to get it to mbl im going to have to keep my hair braided 24/7 to keep those pesky ssks away

greenandchic

I voted APL because once my hair reaches my shoulders, I have to change the game and it took me years to realize that. No more WnGs, low buns, etc. Its all about protect, protect, protect at that point.

WantNatural

APL - it's so hard for me right now. I stretch my hair and it looks the same length that it was in January! Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to make it...but I'm hoping my bottom layers will officially hit in December.

Saga

The Generous Queen
My constant past heat escapades and multiple unecessary trims have led to me being at SL for over a year now. C'mon APL, something's gotta give.

silenttullip

I voted bsl because that's where the most distance is on my frame from apl to bsl. Shoulder length was pretty easy and apl is almost acquired but there's not much distance between my shoulders and apl.

Ms. Tiki

I voted BSL. I made if from NL to APL in 5 months, Jan to May. However, I've been trying to make it to BSL since May and it is not happening. I'm about to wig it and leave it alone for awhile.

Kneechay

Definitely APL, I was there for so long, I felt like giving up. I had to do a full year and a half of weaves to get past that hump. Right now, I'm at BSL and I feel like I've been here forever too. After MBL, I give up

dancinstallion

MBL. I can make it to bsl but it seems I always get breakage or extra shedding that is always stopping me from reaching mbl.

candy626

Most people will probably choose the level they are trying to get to next.

Not necessarily. When I cut my hair to shoulder length i had no problem
growing to armpit length and bsb. Others here have also suggested some goals have been harder to get to than others:spinning:

Last edited:

HauteHippie

I'd say APL. I barely reached shoulder length in August 2010. 14 months ago! I've had trims, but still... I feel like I should have reached APL by now and not this grazing stuff!

Before, I was just kind of chilling and letting my hair do what it wanted, but I started paying a bit more attention once it hit shoulder length. I was also broke and jobless after graduation for quite some time. I think it had an effect on my hair. I think... but I don't care. I just want to be full APL already!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2