What is your ultimate of ultimate goal length?

My ULTIMATE goal length is...

• Shoulder (or Full Shoulder)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Bra strap (or full bra strap)

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • Mid back

Votes: 86 32.0%
  • Waist

Votes: 80 29.7%
  • Hip (or beyond)

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Other (Because I know that I missed something)

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters

ckisland

What's your ultimate goal length?
My ultimate goal is to have full HL hair. But I won't be cutting my hair ever again (for spiritual reasons), so I guess that's how long I hope my hair gets to by the time I hit terminal length.

How close are you to reaching it?

lmao! :lachen: Umm, I'm almost BSB length now. I got a little ways to go.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by?

I hope to be MBL by the end of the year, but I think I'm going to lay off setting goal dates beyond this one.

How confident are you that you will reach that?

50/50. I pretty confident that I can reach WL. Beyond that is totally up in the air.

Optimus_Prime

Classic length.

Probably 3 years.

Before I turn 30. (6 years)

I'm pretty sure that I can, and I will.

sillygirl82

What's your ultimate goal length? Probably mid-back length like when I was a child.

How close are you to reaching it? I'm staying away from heat, so I can stretch my hair to check length. My SO says that is it near my armpits. So I guess in a few years.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No. I just want it thicker at the moment.

How confident are you that you will reach that? As long as I take of my health and my hair, I'm confident that my hair will reach mid-back length.

brittanynic16

What's your ultimate goal length? Full Hip Length is the ultimate goal but I'll start with full BSL and go from there

How close are you to reaching it? I'm skimming BSL after my small trim a few days ago. I'm 12 inches from full HL.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? I should be full BSL in about 3 months or so. My hair seems to grow pretty fast so I am hoping I can do full HL in a year and a half but, I think 2 years will do it.

How confident are you that you will reach that? Confident but I honestly can't imagine having that much hair.

yamilee21

Un-stretched, un-manipulated curly/coily full waistlength... which would most likely be mid-thigh straightened, :lol:.
Not very, I'm SL/APL un-stretched and un-manipulated.
No.
Not very, my hair grows slowly, and has not grown much at all since reaching hip length stretched. But it's fun to try anyway. :)

Katherina

What's your ultimate goal length? WL

How close are you to reaching it? I'm 7.5" from WL

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No. I hope to reach BSB by June 31, 2010. And I hope to reach MBL 6 months after BSB. I plan to trim damaged ends once between BSL-MBL. Waist length will come when it comes.

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm about 70% sure. My hair hasn't even been BSL before, but it's grown so much! Once I reach MBL I'll be 95% sure. :)

Aviah

I'm really not sure, full MBL at least, and full WL at the most.

LOL, not close at all, shortest layer is like CBL.

Nope, but now that I think about it it will probably be the end of next year.

Ummm....:look:
About 75%

SmilingElephant

My Ultimate goal is grazing Hip Length

I need like 5 or 6 inches to reach it....

I hope to reach it by the end of the year or early next year

Very:)

Great thread OP...its funny bc when i first started my HHJ i wanted to be MBL and that was my ultimate goal....now i'm grazing Waistlength and it still doesn't feel long.

I might not really reach my ultimate goal of Hip Length until next year though bc i want a nice thick Hip Length....so some small trimming will be involved.

SmilingElephant

Waist-Length....I may go a little longer since I plan to wear mostly shrunken styles once my hair gets really long but at or close to waist:yep:

I'm MBL right now so pretty close I'm not a measurer but if I had to guesstimate I'd say I'm maybe 3-4 inches away.

I never make deadlines for myself in terms of how long my hair grows in any set period of time I can't control weather my hair is in the Anagen or Telogen phases in the growth cycle....I just do what my hair likes, focus on retention like a lazer beam and enjoy the progress....I'll get there when I get there. I won't obsess over it.

I am 100% confident that I'll reach my goal of waistlength.....there are endless protective styles I can rock on my way there and I feel that I've truly mastered my hair.....I'm just making my way toward the finish line at this point:yep:

I can't wait till the day I can put in my siggy that I'm in maintenence mode at waistlength:grin:

I'll letcha know when I get there! lol

That's what i'm waiting for at the end of the year!...You are gonna get there in NO time!!! I LOVE your hair!!

LadyPaniolo

Just curious.
I thought about it today. I was just wondering what length will I get to, and be perfectly content with it.

Quetion time:look::

What's your ultimate goal length? Classic length

How close are you to reaching it? I'm more than halfway there :woot:

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Well, I think it would be kinda depressing or overwhelming to be making plans that far ahead. I'll just stay focused on making Tailbone by Christmas this year. Hopefully I can make classic length by the Christmas after that. That's a long time off...

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm fairly confident. I am very happy and proud of the growth I've gotten thus far.

****If you have surpassed your goal already, please share.:grin:

My answers in blue...

DarkChyld

Middle of the back
In my shrunken state it's neck length. With a press it's SL.
2-3 years
Confident as long as I don't do anything to mess it up.

~VicTorIAn~

What's your ultimate goal length?Full MBL in the back, Mid-boob length in the front.
How close are you to reaching it?I dont know. I havent done a length check in a while. I like surprises.
Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by?Not exactly, but I hope I'll be there by then end of this year.
How confident are you that you will reach that?I can do anything! *hair flip*

Scorpimini14720

Full Waist length

I still have a ways to go. I am between APL and BSL

My goal for BSL June 2010
for MBL is Dec 2010
and Waistlength is Dec 2011

I am pretty confident that I will reach my goals on time. Patience is the problem. I want to be there yesterday!!!!

Dee Raven

What's your ultimate goal length? I'm going to say hip length, but really I want a U-shape where just the bottom is about an in from hip.

How close are you to reaching it? Probably 2 years away.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Yes.

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm not really confident. I know I'll reach it eventually, but I always worry about setbacks. That's why it is nice to grow without deadlines.

testimony777

HL

I am about 4.5 inches away.

If I retain all that I grow I should reach my goal by the end of the year.

I am 100% confident that I will reach my goal and I am 90% confident that I will reach it by the end of the year (end of January at the latest :grin:).

My answers are in red. This is a cool thread!

Last edited:

GoingNatural

Waistlength!

about 2 inches give or take...

I don't set a goal date, but I am aware of my hair growth rate and the time that I should most likely be around that length in a perfect world.

Absolutely confident, i just have to hope I don't change my goal again as it was originally BSL stretched.

natalie20121

What's your ultimate goal length? Waist length when stretched

How close are you to reaching it? Not close at all. I just BC'd so I'm rockin at TWA

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Nope, I rather be excited and surprised at how long it gets without anticipating a length by a certain time.

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm pretty confident that I will reach it. However, I will be happy to just have healthy natural hair at whatever length it reaches.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

Hip Length

A looooong way!

Pretty confident

Truth

Ultimate... like Ultimate ultimate..MBL Unstretched...

No wear near it... lol

Nope i'm just gonna let it happen..

I'm confident I will..

SW2011

Quetion time:

What's your ultimate goal length? Hip Length

How close are you to reaching it? Less than an inch away!

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No, I'll get there when I get there.

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm pretty confident, but I'm also thinking about taking the natural route. So, if I get that urge before I hit hip length, then I'm big choppin'!

kami11213

What's your ultimate goal length? Full WL

How close are you to reaching it? Currently grazing WL

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? My original goal was to be full WL back in 09' but I'm satisfied w/ my progress. I should be full WL by the end of the year

How confident are you that you will reach that? Pretty positive...

LovinLocks

WL

Welll, a ways. I have a "wisp" of hair that is below MBL. Sooooo, I'm awaiting the other ends to catch up and hopefully have at least close to blunt ends.

Nah. Why add pressure? Life is pressure enough. I'm just enjoying the ride.

Depends upon the day. LOL. Some days more than others. Again, I am simply enjoying the ride and enjoying talking about it all with my LHCF girls.

HairSupremacy

Just curious.
I thought about it today. I was just wondering what length will I get to, and be perfectly content with it.

Quetion time:look::

MBL, if possible. If not, I will settle for BSL.

Far,far away. Closer to APL. I think. I have not relaxed in 6 months. My hair has grown a lot.

I give it at least 4 years from now, but the sooner, the better.

I don't know. I am still in the new phases of my hair journey, so we shall see.

miss stress

My ultimate goal is Bsl (I guess I aim pretty low)
I'll give myself 2 and a half yrs to get there
I'm pretty confident that it will happen

(yall pray for me)

UrbainChic

waist length

I am about 2 inches from my bra strap, so I am expecting to be BSL definitely by the end of the summer or in the fall, and from there it looks like around 6 inches. So overall not too far!

I didn't set a date, but at this rate I expect to reach waist length by the end of 2011 or the beginning of 2012.

Totally confident. I've had long hair as a child, and have decided I want long hair as an adult. The biggest challenge is actually not getting bored, damaging the hell out of it and/or cutting off my hair, not actually getting it to grow.

This is also another kind of challenge for me since I want to prove to myself I can commit to something that I promise myself-- and I promised myself I would grow my hair out.

Last edited:

Godyssey

Anywhere between full MBL and TBL

Not Certain but ideally, a year or two.

Used to but don't anymore. I've been on my journey for quite a while.

Not certain. Have or had alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease that made my hair fall out in patches). It's been growing back since 2006 but it still isn't even with the rest of my hair. I've been cutting my longer hair to get it closer but not too close to my alopecia new growth. I've been maintaining it anywhere from APL to MBL. Currenly, I'm @ BSL but my alopecia new growth seems to have stalled or isn't growing as fast as the rest. That means that I'll have to keep cutting my hair so it looks somewhat straight.

At any rate, my hair is healthy now at it's length. Hopefully, I can get it ALL longer. If not, I'll just be happy to have hair.

BlkOnyx488

However long I can grow it. Waistlength would be lovely

I am a lady, I don't answer such questions as this
:giggle:

If I set a date and didn't make it I would be upset so I don't set goal dates.
However, Sept will be my 3rd year natural, I really hope I can get another 4 inches between now and then

Not at all, but that doesn't mean I am about to give up anytime soon

**JazzyCoils**

What's your ultimate goal length? TBL

How close are you to reaching it? VERY FAR...Im barely neck length

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? I will give myself 5 years

How confident are you that you will reach that? I am very confident..I know that when I take good care of my hair...it retains a lot of length!

Vintageglam

I would say BSL or maybe MBL but I like the flexibility you get with shorter BSL hair.

About 3 years away :lol: In am currently full SL but will be BC'ing when I get to full natural SL as my ends just feel too weak and compromised to hang onto.:ohwell:

No not really but I am hoping to make full natural SL by Dec 2010

Full healthy APL by Dec 2011

And magical full healthy BSL by Dec 2012

Before I joined LHFC prob not so confident but this site has inspired me so yes a little more confident and hopeful now. I am a relative Newbie and learning DIY'er so my major issue will be set backs in the initial stages and learning how to handle my hair.
:grin:

Diva_Esq

What's your ultimate goal length? WL, but I'd be happy with MBL

How close are you to reaching it? I just BC'd yesterday to 5 1/2" of hair, so far away but optimistic! :D

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Yes, by my sorority centennial: January 13, 2013. If I can gain 6-8" per year and minimize setbacks, I'll hit it in 3 years.

How confident are you that you will reach that? VERY! I'm determined to silence all of the haters who didn't like my BC!