What is your ultimate of ultimate goal length?

My ULTIMATE goal length is...

• Shoulder (or Full Shoulder)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Bra strap (or full bra strap)

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • Mid back

Votes: 86 32.0%
  • Waist

Votes: 80 29.7%
  • Hip (or beyond)

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Other (Because I know that I missed something)

Votes: 11 4.1%

• Total voters

davisbr88

What's your ultimate goal length?
MBL Natural (when straightened)

How close are you to reaching it?
I am currently transitioning, but am at layered-CBL with my relaxed ends. Once I chop, I will have a better idea of how far I will be.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by?
My last relaxer was August 22, 2009, so I am hoping to have MBL by February 22, 2013

How confident are you that you will reach that?
Very confident since I have found this board! I now know it's possible to have hair that long when it's healthy and taken care of!

Last edited:

prospurr4

Definately full waist length, with a possiblity of hipbone length

Well, I'm about 1" away from getting "any" of my strands to reach waist length, which I hope will happen by my next texlax touchup in June

I'm giving myself 'til December to have enough hair surpassing my natural waist to do a blunt cut with thick ends.

I'm pretty confident I'll make full WL before 2010 ends. :yep:

Americka

What's your ultimate goal length? BSL to MBL

How close are you to reaching it? My hair is 4 diff lengths - CL/NL/SL/CBL. I would truly be happy with achieving full BSL, so anything beyond that is lagniappe!

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No, I do not have a date set.

How confident are you that you will reach that? I achieve anything that I put my mind to!

Last edited:

teacherjess

Ultimate goal length: a full, thick, and lush APL

How far away am I: currently at SL

Date set to reach goal: when God says its time. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the journey because my hair has never been this healthy

How confident am I that I will make it: Confident. This time a year ago exactly I was a straggly, HAM neck length with a patch of damage from heat/chemicals/lack of care stumbling up in here to lurk. Today, I am a thick, shiny, healthy full shoulder length (after 2 trims--one large corrective trim, and one smaller 1/4 inch trim). I am happy and truly enjoying the journey

chebaby

What's your ultimate goal length? my goal is bsl or mbl in my shrunken natural state.

How close are you to reaching it? hmmmm i dont know about inches but maybe another 2 years.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? no not really but i figure by my 3rd nappiversry(today is my 1st) i should be there or close

How confident are you that you will reach that? oh i know i will. my hair is growing pretty fast.

ms.tatiana

Bra Strap Length

I'm kinda close I just got my ends clipped March 1st

I just want to see what it looks like in six months so thats Sept. 1st.

I'm very confident because my hair as been growing alot because I have been taking good care of it.

Back March 1st

Last edited:

afrikurl

Answer time:look::

What's your ultimate goal length? Waist length ... but I won't stop it if it waist to keep on growing
a
How close are you to reaching it?- Not even close. I am APLish

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? yeah.. I have a vision of myself at my 35th birthday party with a long braid out or picking up my daughter from school with long twists and all the girls at school wondering what is our hair secret, (that's 7 years from now)

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm fairly confident. My hair is longer than it's ever been and I keep cutting it. Before I never cut it and it was still shorter. I retain about 4 inches a year due to my trim schedule and splits

****If you have surpassed your goal already, please share.:grin:

D.N.A.

What's your ultimate goal length? Mid-back or waistlength... haven't yet decided.

How close are you to reaching it? lmao

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No, when it happens, it happens.

How confident are you that you will reach that? Pretty confident. I've had decent length pre-lhcf, so I don't foresee any trouble now that I have access to all this hair care information.

Last edited:

drappedup

What's your ultimate goal length? Mid-back length would be amazing

How close are you to reaching it? Not close at all, heh >.<

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Hopefully within the next 2 years?

How confident are you that you will reach that? I don't really know. While I feel like I have definitely been improving hair-wise, I still don't know if I'm going to have any big set backs or disappointments, etc. Knowing my luck......

Black Hoya Chick

I answered WL because I am starting to comtemplate it...but I really just want MBL
I'd say 3 inches away, 4 at most. I am about an inch from touching my bra. Since I wear it low, they are fairly close
by December 31, 2010 @ 11:59:59PM lol. But if i can make it there before, marvelous. I am hoping for a summer growth spurt, and that my gym time and healthy eating along with my simple regimen can get me there sooner
1000% that it WILL happen this year

Last edited:

gennatay

What's your ultimate goal length? Shoulder length,

How close are you to reaching it? I'm at ear length unstreched, I guess thats halfway there.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No, never really thought about setting a date for hair growth.

How confident are you that you will reach that? very confident. I'm taking great care of my hair

Filmatic

What's your ultimate goal length?- Waistlength

How close are you to reaching it?- I have a way to go. I'm 1 1/2 inch from APL

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by?- Nope but hopefully by 2012.

How confident are you that you will reach that? I hope so.

ThePerfectScore

Mid Back

Not even close. I BCed Super Bowl sunday and I am currently 1 year post

Nope, I don't want a date b/c I don't want to disappoint myself

Pretty damn:grin:

julzinha

WL

I am about 12 in. give or take an inch

I don't have a set time but I am doing my best to reach BSL first and if that happens then I can set a time frame

I am optimistic, but I have never had hair past SL in my life so even reaching APL or BSL would be great in terms of my ultimate goal!

reggierisk

What's your ultimate goal length? BSL
Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Yes, APL by 12/10, and BSL by 12/11. Although hope it happens sooner, I'm giving myself 1 yr per goal.
How confident are you that you will reach that? Very confident because I've been BSL before. (Although I took me 5 years to get there before, I'm trying to do it in 2 this time.)

winnettag

Hip length

About 5 inches.

I joined the 2010 HL challenge, but I'm going to give myself until 12/31/11 :look:

I'm 50/50 but I hope, wish & pray for it.

What's your ultimate goal length? MBL (any longer and I'll look like Cousin It)

How close are you to reaching it? I'm already BSB. I should be full BSL by December this year.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? By early next year, I should make it.

How confident are you that you will reach that? Semi-confident

Mz.MoMo5235

What's your ultimate goal length? wl unstretched (i assume that will be around tlb unstretched)

How close are you to reaching it? i'm currently bsl unstretched (really close to wl stretched)

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? hoping for end of dec '010

How confident are you that you will reach that? if i dont make it by my t/f i know i'll be so close i can taste it lol

Janet'

Just curious.
I thought about it today. I was just wondering what length will I get to, and be perfectly content with it.

Quetion time:look::

What's your ultimate goal length? Hip Length

How close are you to reaching it? A LOOONNGGG ways away...I just made APL in March 10

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? No date for HL...I set small goals, so I have given myself till Dec 10 to get to BSB...I'll see how close I can get to that and then re-group and make another goal for 2011

How confident are you that you will reach that? Very confident...For me, going from full SL to APL (because SL had me for YEARS) was a BIG accomplishment. I'm still :spinning: about it and can't wait till I am full APL, which if all goes well should be May 10...

As a child, I was HL (did I have hips? :rolleyes:), so I know that I can get there again!

Not even close, but holla at me in a couple of years!:yep::yep:

newbiemom

Just curious.
I thought about it today. I was just wondering what length will I get to, and be perfectly content with it.

Quetion time:look::

waist

long wayto go. I am grazing sl now

I would like to be there with in 6 years of my bc. This June will be my first year.

Not that confindent I will get to waist but sure I will pass bsl
I have never had long hair. I always have a setback at sl but I think know with what I learned here I can make it over the hump.

yardgirl

My full goal length is APL. My hair is very fine and it's 4B and relaxed. In the thread with all the past-BSL 4B relaxed heads, most, if not all of them, were thick-haired. I'll be lucky to make it to SL with my manipulation issues.

JJamiah

I'd say MBL maybe WL nothing longer than that for sure!

a little over a year away for the latter

December 2011

Very Confident but crap happens as we all know.

Victorian

old head
What's your ultimate goal length? Full BSL straightened

How close are you to reaching it? I think my longest layer is getting close to reaching BSL. I'll be doing my quarterly progress vid this weekend so I'll find out for sure then. But I'm trying to rid myself of layers, so it will be a while before I get to my actual goal.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? I'm saying end of 2010, but that doesn't really mean anything :lol: I'll get there when I get there. The back will be there probably sometime during the summer. I will just keep trimming it as I wait for the rest to grow out as well. I'm looking forward to getting to "maintenance" mode one day...

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm confident, just impatient sometimes.

classychic1908

What's your ultimate goal length? At least APL Unstretched, I will keep growing until I reach terminal length though, but wear mostly unstretched styles

How close are you to reaching it? I'm about shoulder unstretched

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? Nope

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm unsure, but I will keep trucking away and do the things that should hopefully help me to get there.

Charlie555

What's your ultimate goal length? BSL/BSB anything more will be a bonus

How close are you to reaching it? I'm about 1.5 inches from APL

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? I would love to be BSL by the end of the year but I won't go jump off a bridge if it takes longer :)

How confident are you that you will reach that? I'm confident because I have been APL before so there's no reason why I can't get a few more inches.

Britt

A bit below brastrap length ... However, I'm far more obsessed w/ my hair being full. I know that my hair won't get thicker necessarily, but I want full brastrap length hair.

I'm just about shoulder length right now, and not really watching the length so much as the health of my strands.

Nope.... :lol: I don't track my growth, but I do know that my hair grows normally, I'm def not a slow grower.

In terms of length... very confident... I trim and cut a lot so I'm not sure how I will reach my goal, again I'm more about trying to figure out ways to keep my strands, strong and healthy and the same goes for my scalp b/c I do know that one of the main causes of my hair being thinner is b/c I shed a lot during wash day. I am also trying to find ways to stretch my relaxer so that my hair isn't exposed to the harsh chemicals so often.

moonglowdiva

What's your ultimate goal length? My ultimate goal is floor length :lachen: but I am taking things one step at a time. My aim now is BSB/ BSL.

How close are you to reaching it? I'm not even close.

Did you set a date/year to reach that goal by? I have no date set because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment.

How confident are you that you will reach that? Very!!!

Jewell

-Mid-thigh length, so I voted, "hip & beyond," on the poll. Also, I don't plan to ever cut my hair again (incl. drastic trims)...like Ckisland, it's for spiritual reasons. :)

-From my current length of long MBL (not quite waist) to Classic is about 9" (current length is approx 17.5-18"). To mid-thigh would be about an additional 13" on top of what I have (30" total length approx). That's a lotta hair! I'm only 5'2.5", but I don't care! Long hair don't care, chyle!

-Nah, I'm just taking care of my hair, growing it, and not cutting or drastically trimming. I estimate it may take another 2-3 yrs, but I'm not imposing a goal date or deadline.

-I'm pretty confident, b/c I always believed I had to cut or trim my hair to keep it healthy, but I know now that I don't. I've had near WL before, and my grandma's have had WL-Classic hair so I know I can do it...I just need to stay away from stylists (no prob) and scissors, of course. :yep:

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

Just curious.

Question time:look::

SL unstretched

I'm about NL unstretched APL stretched right now

Unstretched hair is hard to guesstimate but hopefully in 2 to 3 years...:rolleyes:
I guess that would translate to full BSL/MBL?

I can't imagine it but I'll give myself the benefit of the doubt that I can

My answers are in blue above