12 Inches In 12 Months - 2016

EthansMama

Can I lurk in here? I feel a bit overwhelmed with the planning part of it but I know I want to grow out my hair especially since I just gave myself a hair cut. The check in dates would probably keep me on track with my regular trims and what not.

Between my vitamins, diet and growth aids I feel like I'm doing a lot but I didn't start all at once. It helps to plan and add new routines slowly.

Ajna

Ajna my hair grows the same way, slow in the top and sides and much faster in the back, feels like I'm growing a mullet sometimes! I'm massaging the front longer every night in hopes that growth in that area will catch up.

LOL @ mullet I so know the feeling! Funny you mentioned the massaging I just started that this week!
Even if it does not work for my length I have to tell you it is such a stress reliever, funny how I did not realize that.

Kells

I have been lurking on this thread for the past week. I kind of gave up on growth for the past year not saying I did not want it to grow but I wanted to figure out a routine and all of that.

Now that I have a reggie that works for me I wonder can I actually grow 12 inches in a year? The top of my hair grows super slow and the back is like a weed which is a mess when wearing it curly. But I think I am going to do the bun thing for the winter and while I love a trim I wonder if I seek and destroy every month could I save a lot of money and keep some length??

Not sure all of what I am going to do but I am so willing to try.

It's worth a shot Ajna; we'll all be in here tryin!

Can I lurk in here? I feel a bit overwhelmed with the planning part of it but I know I want to grow out my hair especially since I just gave myself a hair cut. The check in dates would probably keep me on track with my regular trims and what not.

Of course you can lurk Kammy. Whenever you want to jump in, just pick and choose what methods will work with you.
We still have 11 more days before we officially start.

Kells

I just scheduled to have a wash, deep condition, color and trim on the 30th. I will update then.
I'm happy to see all the challengers positing!! 2016 will be our year ladies! Long, strong, and healthy hair, here we come!!!

Sounds good, I'll be updating the day after you with the starting pic and re-affirm my stats.

LdyKamz

Between my vitamins, diet and growth aids I feel like I'm doing a lot but I didn't start all at once. It helps to plan and add new routines slowly.
I have a pretty set regimen but looking at the list of things to help growth I feel overwhelmed because I might want to try everything and I'm impatient. If it doesn't feel like it's working right away I'm moving on. Lol

LdyKamz

It's worth a shot Ajna; we'll all be in here tryin!

Of course you can lurk Kammy. Whenever you want to jump in, just pick and choose what methods will work with you.
We still have 11 more days before we officially start.
I wrote out a mini plan specific for this thread/challenge which works well with my current regimen. I'll stay on the sidelines for now until I'm sure I can commit. But I'll be in here looking for tips.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
I'm in. Current length in bra strap length but I know I need a trim. 12 inches should get me at waist length.

I'll be doing scalp messages
Oiling my scalp with JBCO.
Taking Manetabolism
Inverting once a week
Maybe doing the greenhouse effect. When I used to do it I always felt sick the next morning so we will see. Pic coming soon

EthansMama

I'm in. Current length in bra strap length but I know I need a trim. 12 inches should get me at waist length.

I'll be doing scalp messages
Oiling my scalp with JBCO.
Taking Manetabolism
Inverting once a week
Maybe doing the greenhouse effect. When I used to do it I always felt sick the next morning so we will see. Pic coming soon
@NaturallyBri87 are you inverting once a week or one week a month? I'm going to add inversions for the first week every month too. Also, I'm no longer bagging nightly. After the first night using MTG the smell was just too strong! I used my peppermint spray mix in the morning and the MTG smell wore off soon but I can't risk going to work with that smell. What I'm doing now is apply MTG in the evening, then spray my peppermint oil before bed and again in the morning. I have no MTG smell and I'm sure it's also helping me with growth.

EthansMama

I have a pretty set regimen but looking at the list of things to help growth I feel overwhelmed because I might want to try everything and I'm impatient. If it doesn't feel like it's working right away I'm moving on. Lol
Lol @KammyGirl I know what you mean. I've been lurking for years on and off and felt that way so many times! Even when things DID work I was so impatient I moved on to the next thing hoping it would work faster, smh!

Ajna

I think as we move into 2016 I want to go for slow and steady. So these are the things I am planning to do.

1. Drink at least 32 oz of pure water every day
2. Continue with my supplements - I love phyto phytophanere but I am considering millie organics and I think the bamboo is essential so that will stay
3. Stick with my current regimen, which is wash twice a week once with clay wash and once with a DC, then add oil, leave in, gel and henna every 4-6 weeks
4. Learn how to search and destroy and skip the trims
5. When I get busy go to protective styles such as mini twists, buns or braids

I think my hair is about 10 inches all the way around but I will post a pic later tonight.

Last edited:

HelpMe12

I would like to join the challenge. I will be protective styling the whole year for 2016. I will utilize wigs the first 6 months, then wigs for the second half of the year. I am currently in braids, will post a pic when they are removed.

Currently : NL
Goal: MBL

Last edited:

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Scalp oiled and massaged
Having water

Just need to be consistant with my exercise game before challenge officially begins
Also, thinking of going on a high protein diet...

Aggie

okay, I'm having a real big problem uploading my progress pic. Since they changed for format of the board, I don't know how to do it anymore. Where it says "upload a file" I tried that and that's not working. Can someone please help me with this?

Aggie

I'm in! This will be a real challenge, But 12 inches in 12 months I'm up in here.

Current Length: Grazing BSL
Goal Length Having Retained 12 Inches: Between Waist and whip
Starting Pic: Below

Hi @bluenvy, can you or anyone else please walk me through the new picture attachment routine? I'm having a hard time doing this. I don't see the attachment paper clip anymore nor does the Upload a File working for me. There is a constant error reading every time I try to use it. Thanks

zora

I'm in!

I'm shoulder length. My goal is APL throughout my whole head of hair.

Right now the back is definitely achievable by the end of 2016, but the front and side of my hair is chin length, so that'll be a little bit harder.

I plan on doing the following:
-Ghee and Castor Oil treatments
-MSM
-Inversions
-Large water intake
-Weekly shampoos at my Dominican lady
-Summer 2016, I will be braided or weaved up
-Daily wraps

bluenvy

@Aggie
I hit the "More Options" button at the bottom, below reply box.
This brings you to an more detailed screen to reply from.
After I'm done typing, I hit "Upload a file" button.
Banner will pop up, now select Choose File.
Once you select your pic, you should see thumb tack pic of it.
Now close this out where it says close.
I never see my pic displayed after this, but it doesn't have to be to post.
Hit Reply to Thread. You should see you post with your pic

EthansMama

@Aggie
@Aggie I'm not sure if it's in the same place but after uploading a pic I was able to select "preview thread" and saw my pics in the thread and attached.

EthansMama

I wanted to check in over the weekend but didn't get a chance. Anyhow, I was consistent with applying my MTG/MN mix every night and spraying my essential oil mix every night after MTG and every morning too. I washed Saturday night with Walgreens salacilic acid shampoo (prompted by the scalp health thread :D) and conditioned my braids with cholesterol conditioner, just to use it up. I let my scalp breath for the day and went back to MTGing Sunday night.

Things to work on this week:
Massing my scalp more!

Aggie

@Aggie
I did all this but it still didn't work earlier today, nor is it working now. I keep getting an error reading. I don't know, I think it's time to hunt for a new computer. I still have a windows xp believe it or not. lol