12 Inches In 12 Months - 2016

Caramel74

I'll be cutting several inches off today to start fresh, so I can start with one length.......around jawline length.
I'll post the pic later today after I do it
View attachment 344105

View attachment 344103

One length hair grows stronger, thicker, and faster. Cutting my hair all one length was the best thing I did for my hair, layers just made my hair look damaged.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Finished my hair. I have my hair twisted and DCing. I will then let it air dry for a possible twistout tomorrow. I went ahead and did a protein treatment using Millcreek Biotin Conditioner. My curls were sooo tight after using protein.

ETA: I massaged my scalp today while I was finger detangling my hair

Last edited:

fifigirl

Did a Protein treatment with Apogee 2 step and then deep conditioned overnight last week with shea moisture Manuka honey and Mafura oil......Had hair braided on Wednesday, and will try to wear them for 8 weeks. Will be washing once a week and deep conditioning.....will also be using my MN sulphur oil mix every other day to avoid build up

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I want to join!

Current length: About 2 inches from waist length
Goal length: Tailbone length (stretched)

I'll be doing everything on the suggestion list except #16 since it doesn't apply to me.

Starting pic was taken the day before Thanksgiving. My hand is at my waist.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    354.9 KB · Views: 50

Kells

No it wont let me upload them. Im doing this from my iphone could that be the problem?
I wouldn't think so, but honestly I don't know.
PeloHello suggested resizing the photo, but if the 'upload a file' button isn't working for you, I guess that wouldn't make a difference.
Can anyone else chime in and with a suggestion for coconifah for uploads from an iPhone?

Kells

One length hair grows stronger, thicker, and faster. Cutting my hair all one length was the best thing I did for my hair, layers just made my hair look damaged.
Already!
I feel much more confident with retention now that it's one length and it's much easier to detangle too.
You're not lyin about the layers and damaged looking hair; I'm so glad they're gone now lol

Can I still join?

My current length: TWA
Goal length: APL unstretched

Ill be back with a regimen once I figure out what Im using.
Yes you can still join.
Welcome to the challenge :)

Kells

Clarified and did a protein treatment today.
Getting ready to two-strand flat twist and put my hair away for a week, then oil and massage.
Took the last of a supplement I was taking and just got a new one today, Biotin 10K mcg.

tallowah

May I join ?
Will decide on the "Hows" and take a photo.
I really belive I/We can do this.
My hair is apprx CBL. It grows but I need to baby ends.
From reading some of your replys I can see my hair totally dislikes twists,of any fashion.
Excited :drunk::drunk:

Caramel74

Already!
I feel much more confident with retention now that it's one length and it's much easier to detangle too.
You're not lyin about the layers and damaged looking hair; I'm so glad they're gone now lol

Yes you can still join.
Welcome to the challenge :)
Awesome! :yep:

EthansMama

I wouldn't think so, but honestly I don't know.
PeloHello suggested resizing the photo, but if the 'upload a file' button isn't working for you, I guess that wouldn't make a difference.
Can anyone else chime in and with a suggestion for coconifah for uploads from an iPhone?
@coconifah the way I uploaded was to choose "upload a file"here under my reply:
image.png
Then I choose from my photo library. The problem I have every time though is the file taking forever to load, so what I do is after 30 seconds I refresh the page and when I scroll down to my post, the file is already attached. Then I can choose insert thumbnail to put it where I want.

jesusislove1526

Clarify, cowash, and DC this evening. I did the LCO method after that with my wet hair, KCKT, and grapeseed oil mix. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my hair now, because it's still under the plastic cap that I put on after the LCO. :spinning:

Loveygram

Finally checking in...
My length at present ranges from 1 to 7 inches depending where you look.
All last summer I wore daily wash and fro's. What I can twist up is now kept safely under a slap.
All I know is this was the biggest hair loss I've ever experienced and I want as much back as I can get. So far patches have already started to fill in so anything is possible.

new pictures to come hopefully

Reggie;
weekly washes mostly water but occasional co washes, clay or vinegar. Shampoo several times a year(coming soon) I just went back to water washing this year because of the heavy loss.
daily massages, moisturizing and oiling if needed.
daily vitamins, minerals and prayer ;)!
monthly inversions- first completed last week

BTW I turned 65 this year and I don't know if it's possible to regain it all but I'm willing to try.

Today hair is moisturized with water, oiled with grape seed oil, twisted and feeling fabulous.

Kells

May I join ?
Will decide on the "Hows" and take a photo.
I really belive I/We can do this.
My hair is apprx CBL. It grows but I need to baby ends.
From reading some of your replys I can see my hair totally dislikes twists,of any fashion.
Excited :drunk::drunk:
Yes you can join, and anyone else watching from the sidelines, you can jump in anytime.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Washed my hair yesterday. I have my hair in a PS, that I plan to wear till Friday; unless I do my midweek rinse.

EDIT: I also applied some WGHO and massaged my scalp

Last edited:

LexiDior

Just washed my hair and now im DCing. Afterwards I will put in my leave-in and my mix of oil and aloe vera juice.

Washing my TWA is so much nicer than having to wash APL hair. I miss it but this is really nice.

xu93texas

I want to join! starting pic is my avatar.

Current length: SL
Goal length: APL or longer
Plans to reach my goal: PS 99% of the time; only flat iron for length checks and Thanksgiving 2016( yeah, only time I'm around all of my family so I'm going to show out!); GHE; inversion; continue taking various hair supplements:Manetabolism, MSM powder, Neocell collagen, and bamboo tea; exercise 3-4 times per week, increase my water intake, and improve my diet.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I lightly flatironed my hair last night (one pass on 300 degrees) and did a lunar trim. Now I'm back on the grow. I massaged in some liquid gold oil earlier. Now that my hair is straight I will only be applying liquid gold once or twice per week.