12 Inches In 12 Months - 2016

greenandchic

Prepooed with coconut oil, shampooed with Shea Moisture Manuka Intensive Shampoo, DCed with Aussie Moist and LOC under a dryer on cool.

I also went to the gym today but its a part of my life I do on a regular basis anyway...

Last edited:

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet
I have been slipping on baggying at night, but will get back on track tonight. This weekend, I need to go to the salon to get my nape shaped up and to trim some pesky ends that I cannot get to.

EthansMama

Hi Ladies!
I washed my hair with SM super fruit shampoo last night and did an overnight DC with Joico MR balm. I'm going to install crotchet braids today and leave them in for 6-8 weeks.

Kells

Last night, I washed and deep conditioned with a homemade DC, by just adding AVG, coconut oil and red palm oil to a regular condition and steamed for about 35 minutes. I had a lot less shedding this week; I twisted, oiled and GHE'd.

Caramel74

I'm in hopefully you ladies can offer me some tips. I have been mod back length in the back and shoulder length in the front for the past 5 years. It grows out, I cut off splits and by the end of a year I am right back where I started. I don't drink enough water or excersise like I should. I don't moisturize daily but my hair is always protective styled and not dry. I get most of my breakage in the shampoo and condition phase of my regimen as my hair is up most of the time. I was also just diagnosed with hypothyroidism which can hinder hair growth.
If you are getting most of your breakage in the shampoo and condition phase of your regimen, it sounds like a really good pre-poo oil would help a great deal.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I haven't washed my hair in a week but I kept my hair in it's PS. Today, I did finger detangled with shea butter. Tomorrow I will wash my hair.

bluenvy

I did aphogee 2 step treatment, and neutral protein filler after wash today.
Followed with moisturizing dc that I'm sleeping in.

My hair been dry lately, hope this do the job to allow moisture back in.

Going to purchase more vitamins this week.
I need a reminder on staying consistent with fruits and veggies, it easily slips my mind. I go to grocery store every week and still forget them:badgirl:

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Actually brewed and applied green tea yesterday before my leave-in and gel. I sprayed the very warm tea all over my head, and my scalp felt wonderful. It's a keeper.

I also used Devacurl's No-Poo Decadence, which I haven't used in a while. I started using an ACV rinse, but I think that might be a bit much during this season (despite the temps). I love the Decadence line. My hair felt clean and extraordinarily moisturized. I think I'll cleanse w/clay on the weekends but with No-Poo during the week. Right now my wash days are Sunday and Wednesday.

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Yesterday I washed and massaged my hair (scalp) by using rhassoul clay mixed with water. I then rinsed and DC overnight with diluted tressume. This morning I dried my hair with a heated bonnet while my hair was in twists. I then took the twists down and did a "crown" twist as my protective style. I'll see if I can upload a pic. I plan on keeping my hair like this until next week.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Hair dry as the Sahara since wash day on friday...might have over done it with the protein (still learning how to incoporate it)...i guess i must CW and DC tommorrow and baggy

LdyKamz

Everyone is doing so great in this thread. I'm not an official challenger just been lurking in here and seeing if anything helps me. I tried the inversion and I think I actually did see some growth but how do you all remember to do it nightly for 7 days. It was a struggle. Not sure I'll be able to do that once a month unless I calendar a reminder or something.

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Everyone is doing so great in this thread. I'm not an official challenger just been lurking in here and seeing if anything helps me. I tried the inversion and I think I actually did see some growth but how do you all remember to do it nightly for 7 days. It was a struggle. Not sure I'll be able to do that once a month unless I calendar a reminder or something.
@YesToHair! -- Yes...I block out the first week of the month, a few months at a time. Otherwise there is no way I'd remember.

greenandchic

Last night I cowashed and set my hair in a braid out using LOC with my shea aloe mix. I'm starting to think shea butter and cowashing doesn't mix (my hair felt soft, but coated).

LexiDior

Pre-pooing my hair right now, im going to wash my hair with the Miss Jessie's Creme de la Curl sample I have. First time using it so I cant wait to see how this works since It say it doesnt lather.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I massaged my scalp with liquid gold oil and I'm doing an overnight prepoo with a Kerastase protein conditioner (Volumactive).

Tomorrow I will wash it, airdry and flatiron.