12 Inches In 12 Months - 2017

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
View attachment 383575 **Starting Pics**
There's so many impressive starting pics so far -exciting ((:))

Current length: APL
Goal Length: WL

Regime: Sulphur oil for scalp, monthly use of inversion method and fortnightly washes with my own 'shampoo bomba' mix that I add to my CON argan oil shampoo. I will protective style my hair in cornrows and keep it moisturised with a mixture of s curl gel with any creamy leave in. Olive and coconut oil will also be put to use and I will limit my use of heat. My hopes are high!! :)

@Sirena, welcome to LHCF! :wave: :wavey:

Your regime looks really, really good! Your starting length is impressive, too.

Jade Feria

Wash day

Pre-poo with Dabur Amla Oil
Exfoliated scalp with cane/brown sugar & grapeseed oil mix
Shampoo with JASON Tee Tree Normalizing Shampoo
Protein DC - SSI Okra Reconstructor, 20 minutes under dryer
Moisture DC - NaturelleGrow Slippery Elm, Marshmallow Root, & Cinnamon DC, 20 minutes under dryer + 1 hr before rinsing out
L - NG Pure Hydration Leave-In
O - SSI Papaya Nourishing Oil
C - APB Hair Creme
B - The Mane Choice Butter

Twisted hair & put on wig

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Back to curls!! I did a full detox on my hair.

:afro: Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
:afro:Clarify: Diluted ACV
:afro:Protein: Millcreek Jojoba Conditioner
:afro:DC: Tressume Curls undone
:afro:Clay: Bentonite, Olive oil, honey, water and ACV
:afro:Leave-ins: KCNT & Tressume &Water
:afro:Styler: Kinky Curly Custard & kinky curly hair polisher to break the gel cast

Attachments

• rps20161228_233018.jpg
    rps20161228_233018.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 247
  • rps20161229_145526.jpg
    rps20161229_145526.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

Aggie

Deep Conditioning today with Alikay Naturals Avocado Cream repairing Mask and following with NG Thick & Rich Conditioner. I did not like either of them so they are not repurchases.

beauti

@pelohello your hair is so lush! Do you attribute this to mhm? If so, is your routine posted in that thread? TIA

Eta: nevermind! I strolled into that thread and saw your post! Your results are amazing! I will try it when I go back to curly

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
@pelohello your hair is so lush! Do you attribute this to mom? If so, is your routine posted in that thread? TIA

Yes. I started doing MHM in the beginning of my hair journey; but I don't always follow the exact products or the frequency. I usually don't use shampoo, just clay/ACV. Since my hair was straight, I really thought that the shampoo would help clarify it better; I was wrong.

From the MHM, the main thing that I have been consistent with is the DC and diluting it with water. I feel like diluting products with water has helped ALOT!! I dilute my DC and leave-ins; it also helps with cost

jetbeautee

NEW HERE and ready to join!

Current Length:

My hair grows in a "V" Shape
I am APL with hair combed back

Goal Length Having Retained 12 inches:
WSL - (Hopeful wishing for HIP)

Regimen:
Co-Wash Bi-Weekly
DC once a week
Moisturize as needed
Protective Style - BUNS
XCEL 21 twice a day (starting JAN 4th or 5th)

Supplements:
Natures Bounty HSN Gummies

Attachments

• starting length.jpg
    starting length.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 26

beauti

Yesterday I prepoo'd, washed, and dc'd. Then I did the lco method. Will keep my hair in a bun until next dc on Thursday

Chicoro

NEW HERE and ready to join!

Current Length:

My hair grows in a "V" Shape
I am APL with hair combed back

Goal Length Having Retained 12 inches:
WSL - (Hopeful wishing for HIP)

Regimen:
Co-Wash Bi-Weekly
DC once a week
Moisturize as needed
Protective Style - BUNS
XCEL 21 twice a day (starting JAN 4th or 5th)

Supplements:
Natures Bounty HSN Gummies

:welcome: Welcome to LHCF and to the Challenge, @jetbeautee! Glad to have you and so nice to see you. I love the color of your hair!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
So far, I have...

...increased my water intake to 70 oz.
...been wearing my bonnet every night and napping.
...working out 3-4 days per week.
...been trying to eat more veggies.
...taking my supplements, doubling MSM
...been contemplating mixing aloe gel with Xcel-21 for my scalp.

I don't want anymore growth stalls.

Chicoro

My weak points are my knotted, split, dry crunchy ends. Things are looking good.
  1. Game Changer: For the first time I washed my hair and did not use a comb at all. The difference is that I washed, oil rinsed and conditioned my hair in my 8 braids. Instead of taking out all my braids at once, I only undid one braid at a time, never having all the hair loose at once. I unbraided the hair very carefully (which I never used to do) and gently raked my fingers through the loosened braid. No tangles. I put in my water based leave in and shea butter mix and gently rebranded.
  2. Started my HSN vitamin and zinc today. Will slowly add the rest of my vitamins back to my regimen.
  3. Had a few gulps of water.
  4. Hair has been braided and covered for about two to three weeks.
  5. I spray my scalp with XCEL 21 and use a bit of sulfur oil on my scalp.
  6. Go to bed with my plastic cap on.
*Did inversion in December and started my Aphogee 2 Step Treatments (Every 2 Months)

Last edited:

Aggie

Day 4 of my inversions is complete with Xcel 21 sprayed on scalp and a 5 minute massage, inverted for 5 minutes.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Back to curls!! I did a full detox on my hair.

:afro:Protein: Millcreek Jojoba Conditioner
:afro:DC: Tressume Curls undone
:afro:Styler: Kinky Curly Custard & kinky curly hair polisher to break the gel cast

:afro:DC: Tressume Curls undone (OVERNIGHT). I hadn't planned on DCing overnight but my hair is still frizzy. I may start doing MHM 2x's week to get my moisture levels back to normal or just stop using the Kinky Curly Shampoo. I'm going to omit the shampoo next week and see how my hair responds. I usually don't have this issue with the shampoo; as long as I don't use it too often.

Tomorrow I plan to do the following:

jetbeautee

Washed and did a protein DC treatment today. My curls are a lot looser due to heat damaged but I'll deal with it since I don't usually wear my hair out. Paying close attention to my ends.

Xcel-21 came today. Used it once. Not sure how I will use it twice a day while trying to keep a sleek bun. Contemplating a different but simple PS

gvin89

I'm getting my hair braided tomorrow so today is prep day. I did an Olaplex treatment then washed & DCd. I'm unsure if I'll get my edges braided. In previous sessions, we left them out because they were so fragile. I normally wear the braids down or swoop the sides to pull them back into a low bun. I know I need to baby that area. My hair usually thrives when I do nothing to it....I transitioned, BC, and grew out my TWA with braids.

Guinan

Re-Branding
:afro:DC: Tressume Curls undone (OVERNIGHT). I hadn't planned on DCing overnight but my hair is still frizzy. I may start doing MHM 2x's week to get my moisture levels back to normal or just stop using the Kinky Curly Shampoo. I'm going to omit the shampoo next week and see how my hair responds. I usually don't have this issue with the shampoo; as long as I don't use it too often.

Tomorrow I plan to do the following:

I didn't clay wash today. I DCed overnight and used the DC as my leave-in. I then sprayed my roots w/ diluted KCNT and applied KCC.

Last edited:

Aggie

Day 5 of my inversions is complete with Xcel 21 sprayed on scalp and a 2 minute massage, inverted for 5 minutes.

Aggie

Day 6 of my inversions is complete with Xcel 21 sprayed on scalp and a 3 minute massage, inverted for 5.5 minutes.

gvin89

Braids are in.....I'll use diluted shampoo and conditioner on wash days (bi-weekly). I will spray with Xcel and/or braid spray daily and oil my scalp as needed. I still sleep with a bonnet. Plan to get my edges redone in 3 weeks depending on how I grow.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I didn't clay wash today. I DCed overnight and used the DC as my leave-in. I then sprayed my roots w/ diluted KCNT and applied KCC.

I massaged my scalp this morning and applied some kinky curly hair polisher. I'm running out, so I think my next oil will be the Lotus Moon oil. Maybe I'll alternate between the two.