2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge 2017 -final Session - Sept To Dec.

Daina

I'm going to bow out of this challenge for the rest of the year. I will be intentionally trimming away damage that will keep me from retaining 2 inches every 4 months. I will be cheering you ladies on from the sidelines till next year!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I was thinking about bowing out of the challenge but I took a picture on Saturday which was washday. I didn't straighten I just did a pull test but my results are extremely encouraging and I couldn't tell until I compared to my staring pics today. I'm in two-strand twists for a week at a time. I plan on once weekly wash, condition and style in two-strands through ApriL. I'm alternating between E'Tae and Mielle each week. I've decided to put off any further CHI treatments.

faithVA

Thanks for bumping this.

Ok ladies this is the last month of this phase of the challenge.

You have a few more weeks.

Make sure you posted a starting picture.

Post your update pictures the last week of the month. Can't wait to see all of the great progress.

Evolving78

Thanks for bumping this.

Ok ladies this is the last month of this phase of the challenge.

You have a few more weeks.

Make sure you posted a starting picture.

Post your update pictures the last week of the month. Can't wait to see all of the great progress.
I'm getting my hair braided up tomorrow! So when I come out of them at the end of the month, I will post my results!

faithVA

I was thinking about bowing out of the challenge but I took a picture on Saturday which was washday. I didn't straighten I just did a pull test but my results are extremely encouraging and I couldn't tell until I compared to my staring pics today. I'm in two-strand twists for a week at a time. I plan on once weekly wash, condition and style in two-strands through ApriL. I'm alternating between E'Tae and Mielle each week. I've decided to put off any further CHI treatments.
Can't wait to see it.

What do you like about the Mielle products?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Can't wait to see it.

What do you like about the Mielle products?
The shampoo left my hair clean and soft, the Babassu DC is lovely. The mint makes my scalp tingle and the slip is amazing. The White Peony leave-in smells wonderful and also gives good slip. I bought the gel but I'm not much on gels so the jury is still out on this products. The ingredient list on all of these products is stacked with good stuff and most of all I can go to Sally's or CVS and get them. My hair is happy, happy, happy.

faithVA

I bought liquid collagen w/biotin from Costco. I bought enough for 90 days. I have been taking it since February 1st and will take it through the end of April. I don't think I saw any additional growth with it. I will know definitely when I straighten in 2 weeks. I will use up what I have but I don't plan on buying any more.

For next session, I will get my act together and get my diet on point and start riding my bike again. I think most of my growth last year can be attributed to my increase in exercise during the warm months. I will see if it happens that way again this year.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I think my hair is actually growing faster than normal because I've been exercising regularly for a couple of months now. That coupled with the protective styling for about 6 weeks should help me reach my goal. Today is wash day. HHJ!

Evolving78

I'm gonna really take things up a notch too! I gained 7 pounds. I haven't been drink enough water lately, and been eating cake/cookies and pasta! Lol so I'm back to drinking my water, tea, eating my daily salads, and I will incorporate ballet floor exercises. I'm taking vitamins.

I'm back to relaxed hair vs texlaxed hair. Now I can go back to setting my hair. I will alternate between heat styling (blow drying) and setting. I started molding my hair down, set under the dryer, then blow dry to avoid a lot of heat.

faithVA

I'm gonna really take things up a notch too! I gained 7 pounds. I haven't been drink enough water lately, and been eating cake/cookies and pasta! Lol so I'm back to drinking my water, tea, eating my daily salads, and I will incorporate ballet floor exercises. I'm taking vitamins.

I'm back to relaxed hair vs texlaxed hair. Now I can go back to setting my hair. I will alternate between heat styling (blow drying) and setting. I started molding my hair down, set under the dryer, then blow dry to avoid a lot of heat.
Yeah that good stuff can be way to good to you.

faithVA

I'm planning to flat iron sometime this weekend so I've started my wash process.

I shampooed with KeraCare Thermal shampoo. I wanted the hydrating shampoo but Sally's had sold out :lol: I think I like it better than the Cream of Nature so I will swap them and put the CON in the giveaway box.

I'm doing a protein treatment with Komaza. I used more than I usually do and tried to get my ends really well. I swear I have had this bottle forever. I don't think I have enough to do my whole head again so I think in the future I will do my ends and hope that helps.

Now I'm sitting under the dryer for probably 45 minutes to an hour. I will use the TGIN Deep Conditioner. I would love to do an overnight DC but I don't have that kind of time. I need my hair to be dry in the morning so I can get things done. If my schedule permits I will flat iron in the morning. I would love to flat iron tonight but I have a feeling that by 11, it will be lights out.

ETA: I thought I posted this last night :ohwell:

faithVA

I flat ironed my hair on 330 that is high enough for me. I probably could have left it at 300. It didn't get as straight as December probably because I added that extra layer of leave-in this morning. That's fine. I would rather not dry my hair out any more than it is.

I think my hair is going to try to even out before it gains any real length. I gained something. I can see it more in crown which now reaches my nape. It looks a bit thicker. It looks healthier than it did in August. My nape has reached full shoulder. I want more of the back to reach SL before I call it. After flat ironing I was too tired to trim so I will trim tomorrow.

I think my crown may have grown and retained 2 inches but not the rest of my hair. It barely budged in 4 months :ohwell:
I'm going to stay on top of my ends starting this month and keep my styling simple.

faithVA

Ladies this thread will run until next Thursday so get your updates posted. I will switch the title over on Thursday to go from May through August and get session 2 started.

bluenvy

Glad to join 2nd session.

1. Starting pic

2. Current Length~Bsl

3. Regimen~
Keep it hidden in sew ins.
Every 2-3 weeks I will wash, dc, and moisturize.
All products will be diluted with water, using application bottle. Than dry under hooded dryer.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal~
Maintain my hair under this sew in for 8 weeks. I plan to rest my hair two weeks in between installs.

5. Anything else you would like to share.
I play with a lot of hairstyles.
I know that's why my hair hasn't grew beyond mbl. Once it gets there, the ends be a stringy mess. So I have to cut back to Bsl.
This sew in will keep me from playing with my real hair, and have fun with this weave:meme:

Below is my starting pic, and my newly sewn protective style

Attachments

• IMG_5683.PNG
    IMG_5683.PNG
    833.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5676.JPG
    IMG_5676.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 46

Cattypus1

All loced up...
You have such noticeable progress. I'm so jealous. It looks great. Congratulations!
Thanks @faithVA. The struggle is REAL! I was just reading your recent post in the 4b... thread. I know exactly what you mean about being close to being over your hair. I'm struggling to find styling options that don't either take forever to do and then don't last or look ok while it's still damp and dry into a mess. I too am waiting for the bun. We will get there .

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I was not in session 1, but I retained 2 inches from January- April so U would love to join session 2.

I will post stats this evening.

Happy Monday!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
1. Starting pic
Will post tonight. Planning on using front sections (which generally retains the least) as my measuring point.

2. Current Length

CBL

3. What will you do to achieve your goal

Stick with my regimen. KISS/ Low Manipulation

4. Regimen
A)

1x a month~ (first weekend of the month)
Shampoo/ Steam DC
THEN blow dry & rock a flat twist/ flat twistout...

B)
THEN mini twist the old twistout and wear.
Weeks 2-4 mini twists under wigs for the rest of the month
clay wash the minitwists w/o taking them down 1x a week - weeks 2-4

Other goodies:
inversion 1st week of month
Vitamins - daily
60-80oz water daily
Green salad (spinach / kale) at least 5xs a week
moisturize and seal at night
oil scalp at night

Starting pic:

Last edited: