2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

faithVA

I bought some emu oil this week and going to add it to my regimen. I think I'm going to use a little bit on my scalp every day or every other day and see how it works. Still haven't gotten those daily massages in :nono:

Starting today I'm going to get back on the stick. Getting back to water rinsing every 3 days. Going to bump my exercise up to at least 4x a week. Dropping the sugar in my diet. Increasing my water intake. Adding in the emu oil. I'm not going to lie about the scalp massages. I will probably not do those :lol:

Feeling optimistic about my 2 inches. Can't wait to do a rollerset at the end of this challenge.

GGsKin

Just wash and dcing every week. Every week I notice less shed hair. Now working on growing my edges back using jbco.
Wore a wng pony today and got weaved checked by an family member. He put his hand in to check lol.

That's funny. You made me realise that I got weave checked today at work:lol:. It was a colleague/friend who'd just returned to work after having six months off. She had me turn around to show her my banana clips, because she couldn't believe how much my hair had grown. I thought it was funny, bearing in mind she hadn't seen my hair in a couple of years because I was transitioning and PSing 100%.

faithVA

I had to put the emu oil out on the counter so I can remember to use it daily. I think I will make it part of my night time routine. I will put on the emu oil while I'm doing my mouthwash step.

Hair is doing OK. Going to do a water rinse tonight and probably retwist but not comb.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am looking forward to tomorrow's wash and straightening session. My new Kerastase leave in is here (Nectar Thermique). I really want to do a prepoo first to soften my hair and help with shed strands.

It's hard to measure length these days since I put a dark rinse on my hair. I can barely see my line of demarcation. I will do my next official length check and mini trim next month.

faithVA

I'm still hanging in there. Switching between getting water on my scalp every 3 or 4 days. And I'm trying to get more consistent with the emu oil. I think I may be in a routine now.

I added some garlic and vitamin E to my clay mask yesterday and let it sit on for 2 hours. Will see if overtime that helps at all.

We have 5 more weeks before our check in ladies. So now is the time to up your game.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I will start back with my inversions today. My vitamin regimen has been consistent. I just have to stop putting off wash days. I am washing my hair today and doing a moisture dc with heat. Gotta protect my fragile strands from the sun, heat and overall dryness

xu93texas

I'm still hanging in there. Switching between getting water on my scalp every 3 or 4 days. And I'm trying to get more consistent with the emu oil. I think I may be in a routine now.

I added some garlic and vitamin E to my clay mask yesterday and let it sit on for 2 hours. Will see if overtime that helps at all.

We have 5 more weeks before our check in ladies. So now is the time to up your game.

I started co washing my braids every 3-4 days as well. I'm trying to eat clean and exercise on a regular basis and be consistent with monthly inversions. I hope I get at least 2 inches this round.

bluenvy

Washed and dc this morning. Have my four braids in, that I will take out tomorrow for a bday party.
I really wanted to flat iron to show off my length.
But my hair is getting long and that takes to long, and my arms take a beating. Next time I'm booking with a salon for flat iron.

PureSilver

I self relaxed yesterday. I think I've gained 1.5" from April to July. If I should gain another inch by August 13th I would have gained the 2" in 4 months.

GGsKin

Even though I am in this challenge, I've been trying not to pay attention to my length, and focus on the health of my hair. Although, I can't help but hope that I am retaining well.

That being said, last night I did a random dusting of some scraggy looking ends- again mere millimeters. But at this rate, I don't know if I'll see 2 inches, so I'll put the scissors down now. I already feel like I am a slow grower. August will tell:look:.

faithVA

Even though I am in this challenge, I've been trying not to pay attention to my length, and focus on the health of my hair. Although, I can't help but hope that I am retaining well.

That being said, last night I did a random dusting of some scraggy looking ends- again mere millimeters. But at this rate, I don't know if I'll see 2 inches, so I'll put the scissors down now. I already feel like I am a slow grower. August will tell:look:.

It's probably longer than you imagine, especially with all of the water rinsing. :yep:

GGsKin

It's probably longer than you imagine, especially with all of the water rinsing. :yep:

I hope so. The lower half seems be showing progress length-wise (well before I got to dusting anyway:lol:) but I feel like some top areas are shortero_O. I know I did a thorough search and destroy when I started this challenge in May, but...IDK. It feels like there are more shorter areas. I've not noticed any breakage though. I could be obsessing or i could be in the grip of a set back. Either way, I wanna put my hair away already:spinning:.

faithVA

I hope so. The lower half seems be showing progress length-wise (well before I got to dusting anyway:lol:) but I feel like some top areas are shortero_O. I know I did a thorough search and destroy when I started this challenge in May, but...IDK. It feels like there are more shorter areas. I've not noticed any breakage though. I could be obsessing or i could be in the grip of a set back. Either way, I wanna put my hair away already:spinning:.

Are you taking pictures regularly? They can really help determine if its growing or breaking before it gets too far.

I hope it just seems shorter and you are just seeing things.

Go ahead and put your hair away and give yourself a break.

GGsKin

Are you taking pictures regularly? They can really help determine if its growing or breaking before it gets too far.

I hope it just seems shorter and you are just seeing things.

Go ahead and put your hair away and give yourself a break.

I've been slacking on the pics. I think hair-boredom has me just blah. I had to remind myself to take some last week. And I will take one today as my hair is freshly washed (thanks for the reminder:yep:). I was putting my hair half up half down in a banana clip (when wet). I don't know if this was causing some stress so I'm just leaving it out at the minute, with the front braided. I am so bored:lol:.

faithVA

I've been slacking on the pics. I think hair-boredom has me just blah. I had to remind myself to take some last week. And I will take one today as my hair is freshly washed (thanks for the reminder:yep:). I was putting my hair half up half down in a banana clip (when wet). I don't know if this was causing some stress so I'm just leaving it out at the minute, with the front braided. I am so bored:lol:.

I cannot relate. My hair has not been long enough for me to be bored. Irritated and frustrated maybe. Most of the time challenged. But not yet bored. Looking forward to it :yep:

GGsKin

I cannot relate. My hair has not been long enough for me to be bored. Irritated and frustrated maybe. Most of the time challenged. But not yet bored. Looking forward to it :yep:

I think I am probably those things too:lol:. You stay fly with your twists. I know you think of them as simple, but they are also effective and pretty. Washing often and my differing lengths give me problems with some styles I might want to try. So for now, I'll just leave it:yep:. I am enjoying my hair though, just want to play in something for a bit.

faithVA

I think I am probably those things too:lol:. You stay fly with your twists. I know you think of them as simple, but they are also effective and pretty. Washing often and my differing lengths give me problems with some styles I might want to try. So for now, I'll just leave it:yep:. I am enjoying my hair though, just want to play in something for a bit.

Thank you. Fly is not how I would describe my flat twist but I will take it :lol: They are definitely effective and simple.

faithVA

Did a clay wash tonight. Put in 10 flat twist just to get me through the night. Have to remember my emu oil before I go to bed.

faithVA

I have "washed" my hair every day this weekend. My scalp is happy and my hair feels good. Have been eating right and exercising. Maybe I can still get a growth spurt this summer.

PureSilver

I picked up a tube of Family Dollar brand monistat. I will try to use it twice a week

How much does the family dollar brand now cost? I picked up a tube last Christmas and I'm still using it, that's only because I haven't been consistent. I'll be stocking up real soon though because I'm making 2 concotions that I intend to include Monistat as a main ingredient.