2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge (sep - Dec 2015)

xu93texas

I'll do a blowout this weekend and do my best for a length check. I'm postponing my next flat iron until the end of the year.

This didn't happen. I did a pull test, but didn't take a pic. I got a trim in June, so I didn't retain two inches. However, since my trim, my hair has grown about 1.5 inches in the front and sides and 1 inch in the back.

faithVA

I've been locked out of the site for a few days until a few minutes ago. I will update the challenger list tonight for those that have plcompketed their post and added their starting pictures.

Doesn't look as if we have a lot of challengers this session.

GGsKin

Sorry for the long ting. I will get my pics in but it will be later in the week. I didn't get round to washing my hair, and I cut my hand today so I'll wait for that to heal before I tackle my hair.

faithVA

Here are the list of challengers so far. I will future ladies as you post your starting pic.

Prettymetty
bluenvy
JoyBelle
faithVA

faithVA

I've been using emu oil every day. Don't know it its helping but its definitely not hurting.

Still water rinsing every 3 to 4 days.

As the weather cools down I will alternate between 2 strand twist, flat twist and roller sets.

ckisland

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
20150902_113055.jpg 20150902_113515.jpg 20150902_113221.jpg
2. Current Length

TWA
3. Regimen
Cowash every 3 days
Use protein condish at least every 2 weeks
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
Wear wash n'gos
Don't let my hair get dry or over moisturized
No heat, no scissors, no combs
Exercising and eating veggies and protein regularly
5. Anything else you would like to share.
I hope to be full neck length by the end of this challenge :toocool:

faithVA

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers)
View attachment 336173 View attachment 336175 View attachment 336177
2. Current Length

TWA
3. Regimen
Cowash every 3 days
Use protein condish at least every 2 weeks
4. What will you do to achieve your goal
Wear wash n'gos
Don't let my hair get dry or over moisturized
No heat, no scissors, no combs
Exercising and eating veggies and protein regularly
5. Anything else you would like to share.
I hope to be full neck length by the end of this challenge :toocool:
Welcome. I'm glad to see you here.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have fallen off the healthy eating wagon, but once my new fit band gets here I will start with high protein low fat again.

Things I plan to do from Sept until December to get 2 inches:
75 grams of protein daily
30 minutes of cardio 5x week
Invert 7 days out of the month
Apply mn 3x week
Take Purvana hair vitamins

If all goes well I will end the year a few lbs lighter too

davisbr88

I would like to join for the September session! I misread the original post and thought it didn't start until tomorrow!

Current length: WL
December goal: WhL

Regimen
Every 2 weeks:
Wash, DC, blow dry, and flat iron

Daily:
Scalp massage with castor-coconut oil/Oyin burnt sugar pomade

As needed:
Detangle with seamless comb/pik
Stretch reverted hair with cwk plates

In order to achieve my goal, I am trying to focus on creating a consistent regimen through which I can leave my hair the heck alone but still look cute.
I could focus on other things for growth, too, but for now, I need to work on testing out this simple regimen and being CONSISTENT! I have tried way too many regimens in just the past few months, and I need to just go with one for the long term and see if it actually works.

Last edited:

faithVA

I would like to join for the September session! I misread the original post and thought it didn't start until tomorrow!

Current length: WL
December goal: WhL

Regimen
I was planning to try a cornrow regimen, but now I will do the following instead:
Weekly: Wash, DC, Tension blowout on warm, braid with extensions a la Natural85 (or a single braid but with braiding hair in order to keep the ends of my natural hair separated and tangle-free)
I will oil my scalp with JBCO every night and baggy my ends as needed, but I will not touch my hair again until wash day.

In order to achieve my goal, I am trying to focus on creating a consistent regimen through which I can leave my hair the heck alone but still look cute. My hair is thinning due to genetics, so I am against other forms of PS since they put a lot of strain on my scalp and/or requiring too much tugging/brushing (buns, Senegalese twists, weaves, etc), are too expensive (realistic full lace wigs), or create unwanted tangles (braids and twists on my own hair). This seems like the best way for me to PS.
I could focus on other things for growth, too, but for now, I need to work on testing out this simple regimen and being CONSISTENT! I have tried way too many regimens in just the past few months, and I need to just go with one for the long term and see if it actually works.

Glad to have you. You are right on time. I havent created the challenger list yet. Webreallybwont ramp up until after the holiday.

faithVA

Still wearing flat twist but that little extra length has allowed me to vary the style a bit and feel like I'm doing something new.

My left side is a bit shorter than my right I will use my left side flat twist as my next milestone. I met two milestones 1. Putting my hair in 2 flat twist/ corn rows and 2. Putting the back in a banana clip bun.

I struggle to do them but I can do them. By December I should be able to do them with ease.

I haven't reached my puff milestone. The previous breakage in the back prevents that. I'm hoping I can be there in December.

morgandenae

Morgan Denae'
I would love to join :infatuated: . Here is my starting pic

IMG_20150904_223602-2-2-2-2-2.jpg

And my regi copied and pasted from the 'How Often Do You..' thread
Shampoo: 1x per week
Cowash: 1x per week
Prepoo: 1x per week, before Shampoo only
DC: 2x per week
Moisturize: LCO 2x per week, L only inbetween
Protein: monthly, hard every 3rd month mild inbetween
Clarify: 1x a month (before protein)
Use direct heat: 4x a year
Use indirect heat: 2x per week (DC)
Comb/detangle: 2x per week (fingers)
Scalp massage: nightly
Relax/Texlax/Texturize: last June 2013
Trim/dust ends: 4x a year (after flat iron)
Wear protective styles: 8 months out of the year

My protective style was originally planned to be box braids but to avoid the roughness on my ends and keeping with using up these products I'm going to alternate between low buns and 'goddess twists' this quarter.

Attachments

• IMG_20150904_223602-2-2-2-2-2.jpg
    IMG_20150904_223602-2-2-2-2-2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 33

GGsKin

Joining for the next phase. Here's my length check pics (on dirty hair). Please excuse the tired face. I've just finished dusting. My hairline needs some extra TLC. I'll wash today (clay) and braid back up for my wig.
Left is today (after dusting), right is from May.

ETA: I had to come back and add that I am well haps about my retention; I was so tired I forgot to show any sign of happiness :). After my long summer of wash and goes, I will probably be wigging it for the rest of the year (or until I get bored, or notice damage). I will clay wash my hair every 2weeks- redoing canerows. Head massage. I'll keep an eye on my hairline, and dust as needed.

Attachments

• 2015-09-05_13.40.26.jpg
    2015-09-05_13.40.26.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2015-09-05_13.44.22.jpg
    2015-09-05_13.44.22.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2015-09-05_13.46.24.jpg
    2015-09-05_13.46.24.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

sgold04

I wish I could join, but I'm in desperate need of a trim, I plan on trimming at the end of October when I straighten. I'll still try to maximize growth in the meantime and lurk on the sidelines.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I applied mn this morning and did a quick scalp massage.

Wearing a wig is starting to give me a headache. I'm looking forward to wearing my own hair for a few weeks... I'm going to the salon later this month

davisbr88

Today's braid:

Since my synthetic hair has yet to arrive, I just stretched using the cwk plates (AMAZING) and put a braid into my own hair. I hope this will last at least 3 days, but I have to be careful since my hair tangles so much!
My next braid will be a straight diagonal so the braid hangs behind my ear. The tail is annoying me.
I will oil my scalp each night with my castor-coconut oil mix using an applicator bottle and leave it completely alone otherwise.

ETA: I am changing my original plan for a weekly tension blowout to using the plates for stretching instead!

hillytmj

I would like to join this one for the Sept-Dec Challenge:

1. Starting pic (required for official challengers): Pic Taken Thursday, Sept. 3
2. Current Length: Last checked on 8/18/15 - 1 inch past brastrap
3. Regimen: Weekly-shampoo/condish/rollerset/moisturize/seal ends; Daily-Daytime-Take a hair vitamin, wear hair in bun, low/no combing; Evening-Moisturize/roll hair at night and sleep in satin bonnet; Relax roots only every 5-6 weeks to prevent breakage.
4. What will you do to achieve your goal: Only wear hair out for special occasions, zero direct heat, 5 days exercise, more water, dusting only when needed. I've gotten back to basics to sleeping in rollers each night. This helps keep my hair cuticles smooth, reduces tangling/dryness/breakage and makes wash day simpler with fewer tangles/shed/broken hairs.
5. Anything else you would like to share: Trusting God for great growth (this is my season)! Best wishes to everyone with their goals.

Attachments

• 9-3-15.jpg
    9-3-15.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

ckisland

I've been sticking to my 3 day wash routine. I cowash with HE Cleansing conditioner, and use Tresseme Naturals as my leave-in styled a la MahoganyCurls. I've been pleasantly surprised because I hated Tresseme Naturals when I tried it the first couple of times.

I plan to keep on this track until I save up money, and decide what products I want to stick with from then on (cheap & on the ground vs homemade vs affordable but natural)