2008 LHCF Bootcamp!!!!

brownsugarflyygirl

***If you have questions about Bootcamp, please PM me as I may miss it in this thread. Thanks and Happy Hair Growing***

Due to popular demand :grin:...here is the sign-up thread for 2008 LHCF Bootcamp!!! Click HERE to view some of the 2007 Bootcamp results. For 2007 vets, please note the changes in the number of sessions and rule structure.
Everyone, please include your STARTING POINT PICTURE with your sign-up post. Thanks!

LHCF BOOTCAMP is the ULTIMATE
Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2008.

Here are the RULES::ban:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

This challenge will have 4 sessions.
Session One: January 1 - March 31
Session Two: April 1 - June 30
Session Three: July 1- September 30
Session Four: October 1 - December 15

Those who make it through all 4 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc.

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we will post monthly updates.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP?

I am going to commit to ____ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _______________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
(Please add no later than January 1, 2008)

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of 2008 LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new products for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I'M IN!!!!:bdance:
I am going to commit to all 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to drink only water for an entire month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

Fabiennd - I would consider a BC to be an exception but would expect that after that due to protective styling and deep conditioning there would be no need for further trims.

youwillrise

BOOMSHA!

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __no logging onto LHCF for a week_____________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

since i'm doing the 4 sessions, my original intention of straigtening in may 2008 will wait until the end of the year. that works for me. i'll have more length to show then. HA!

my hope is to be NEAR bsl by the end of 2008.

edit:

i just decided to post pictures now.
i was taking my twists out to wash and re-do them
and thought i might as well take these pictures now
my arm hurts like crazy. dont have anyone to help me w/ taking them
haha that's why i dont take length pictures often lol.

my fronts and sides are shorter than this
and my hair isnt all even (although in inches it's all about the same length give or take an inch)

Last edited:

LunadeMiel

Fabiennd - I would consider a BC to be an exception but would expect that after that due to protective styling and deep conditioning there would be no need for further trims.

Great! I'm in. I will commit to the first 2 sessions and see how those go. My consequences for violating the rules will be 2X the exercise for that week. My starting pic is in my avatar.

Last edited:

Moroni

If you rollerset, would the rule exclude root blowout? I'm considering joining, but I'm also trying to stretch my relaxers.

mrsmercery

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be a 7 day juice fast. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!! (I had to edit mine, because I won't be eating fried foods and grinders anyhow. With this bootcamp, I'm paying attention to overall health in '08).

My hair is about an inch longer than the pic but I'll post an udated one before the deadline.

Last edited:

YoungWavey

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. I will be doing Low Manipulation Rollersets Styles. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no junk food for two months:blush:. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!:drunk:

I will post my starting pic tonight when i get my touch up:grin:

My hair will be one inch shorter​

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

If you rollerset, would the rule exclude root blowout? I'm considering joining, but I'm also trying to stretch my relaxers.

Sorry Moroni, a blowout would violate the rules of Bootcamp as it is direct heat. I would check some relaxer stretching threads as Im sure there is a way to stretch without using direct heat so that you will be able to join Bootcamp :yep:

cocoaluv

I'm in. My only problem would be the no triming part. I only get my ends clipped about twice a year and thats cuz the last time i got it cut the girl chopped off at least 2 inches :nono:. From now on I will make sure that I show the stylist exactly how much is acceptable to cut for my split ends.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No sweets for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited:
D

donewit-it

I'm in. I will post pictures on the January 1st.

I am going to commit to _4___ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _2x my normal exercise for two weeks__. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sui Topi

I'm committing to the first session, and then I'll see from there (I'm transitioning and once i hit apl i would like to start trimming off relaxer. lol im on a personal, hide your hair from haters challenge. My sister told me my SL hair would not grow to APL a few months ago...now its touching my armpit in the front, so hopefully by March I'll be near a full apl. To really surprise her, I'm not letting her see my hair straightened or stretched until my sons birthday party (sometime around the end of march) so this challenge fits in perfectly. If I break the rules, hmmm lol I cant think of a punishment...I'm not allowed to stretch my hair or see any of my progress for a week. No measuring, nothing. (That will be so hard for me to get through, my hand is always in my new growth or I'm in the mirror stretching and analyzing my new growth lol) heres my starting point...this is december 9th...I'll take another pic today thats more recent, but its going to be a stretch one...my hair isnt flat ironed right now

Last edited:

brownsugarflyygirl

I'm in. My only problem would be the no triming part. I only get my ends clipped about twice a year and thats cuz the last time i got it cut the girl chopped off at least 2 inches :nono:. From now on I will make sure that I show the stylist exactly how much is acceptable to cut for my split ends.

I would encourage you to look up the search and destroy method for taking care of your split ends. Also, I would make sure that the person with scissors in hand understands what it means to dust and have them SHOW you how much they snip for the first couple of snips. I am EXTREMELY particular about who gets near my head with scissors...so only have someone you trust and understands your hair goals.

wannabelong

I'm going to join. My biggest challenge will be protective styles and low manipulation for such short hair.

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF for one week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ETA: my starting point picture is from November, I will update the picture on Jan. 1.

Attachments

• 11_back2-vi.jpg
    11_back2-vi.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Moroni

Sorry Moroni, a blowout would violate the rules of Bootcamp as it is direct heat. I would check some relaxer stretching threads as Im sure there is a way to stretch without using direct heat so that you will be able to join Bootcamp :yep:

No biggie! Count me in, please!!! :grin:

ETA: I am committing to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be a 10-day juice fast. I am EXCITED!!! to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!! :grin:

ETA: Here is my starting point pic:

Attachments

• APL pic2.jpg
    APL pic2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

NAKISH66

I'm in for 4 sessions. I'm in the HYH until christmas challenge, so I'll post my beginning picture right after that.

missnurselady

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ___no going to the mall for 1 month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Attachments

• sidepic w color.JPG
    sidepic w color.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 12

vonte422

Im in for 4 sessions.. I just gotta figure out what to do with my roots.. Yaay Im so excited. My punishment would be no meat or carbs for a week since a meal isnt complete to me withot both. Ill be posting starting pics on te first

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ____No LHCF or pop/juice for 3 days :cry3:____. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

My starting picture's in my avatar

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Brownsugarflyygirl, what happened to the gold and platinum levels?

JustKiya

I'm so IN!!! I feel like I'm cheating almost, cuz most of that is what I do, anyhow!!! :sekret: :lol:

Anyway...

I, Kiya am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no sugars/grains for a full WEEK. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited:

SoOoNY

I am going to commit to __the last 3 __ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be __a no juice (water and tea only) diet____________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I wanna do all 4 but my 23rd birthday is the 1/6/ and my grad is 1/25/ so thats 2 slip ups in the first month already...:blush:... I might as well not set myself up for disaster

See yall April 1st!!!

MissMusic

I am going to commit to __4__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _____no LHCF for one week (ahhhh!). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Happy Growing Ladies!

Starting Pic:

Last edited:

ChoKitty

I am going to commit to _4_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ______No video games/role play for a week! (that will kill me)_________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

(Will add January 1, 2008)

AND WHEN I'M DONE, I'LL BC IF I HAVE ENOUGH NEWGROWTH LENGTH!

silvergirl

im in for 4 sessions.

my starting pics.

shoulder length natural, almost brastrap (again lol, after a major cut last month) when stretched.

hoping for waist length stretched by the end of 2008 :)

Neala21

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ___no new products for a month________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

the back.jpg

If after the 2 sessions, i see that I am following through with boot camp, can i commit to the last 2 sessions? (Its my first boot camp! so, i'm nervous about not following through or forgetting that i am on a challenge/boot camp.​