2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

sweetpeadee

I put twists back in the 21st and 22nd of May and have had them in ever since. When cutting the hair I was using to add a bit of thickness to my own hair, I cut my hair too...in quite a few places. I'm not sure of the length or how even it will be:perplexed...but it will be going right back up in twists after a 2-week break. I would like to take them out before this session is over (June 30), but I have been having a hectic week so we'll see. When I take them out, I'll wash and DC.

Sondice

Another update:
I self relaxed about 1 month ago. It went ok, I underprocessed though, my hair is really thick so im gonna do a corrective, maybe next month, if not in Aug. But overall Im happy w/ the results. As for growth Im about 1 -2 inches away from BSB. I just have kept bunning and moisturizing, DCing, all that good stuff. I did flat iron twice in this session:wallbash: But once was for my graduation from college so I guess its alright. This next session Im gonna try my hardest not to flat iron at all. After all it is summer time and Im just gonna sweat it out ne way. My siggy pic is the lenght check I did last month. I pprob wont do another one until July or Aug.

Sondice

Oh yea I think also Imma up my DC's to 2x a week cause my hair is starting to get hella dry. I guess its all the heat from it being summer, my its not agreeing w/my hair. And also when I wet bun im gonna start sprizting my hair w/ water then apply leave ins a sealing before I bun. Hopefully all of this will help. I just dont want to loose all my progress to breakage.

13StepsAhead

Checking In: I had my hair in a bun throughout the month of June and will be getting a full-head install on Friday (hopefully it will last until September)

nakialovesshoes

Still yet holding on... No direct heat. Been doing alot of PSing & wearing wigs. I just started an unofficial protective styling/HYH challenge for the next 3 months so I'll be bunning until the beginning of October. I may have to use Session III's pass to get my 1st BKT. Haven't all the way decided yet. Then I'll use my pass for Session IV in October to get a fresh flat iron & trim for my reunion.

Where's everyone - it's like I hear an echo...

nikolite

I am going to officially join the last 2 sessions :)

Me too!

I am going to commit to sessions 3 and 4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be a week without LHCF. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I will be wearing box braids (no extensions) for 4 weeks, then cornrows, two-strand twists, rollersets, and/or buns for 2 weeks. Then repeat that cycle until the end of December. Wish me luck!

Lenee925

I'm so glad I saw this challenge so that I could join the last two sessions!

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no "convenience foods" for 1 week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Getting 2-strand twist extensions put in Saturday. Let's do this.

CrissieD

I am committing to the last 2 Sessions as well. My consequence for violating will be no True Blood for a month :cry2: I WILL be Full BSL by the end of the year

cch24

I hardly ever update but after last year's Bootcamp the rules have become a way of life for me and my hair. I'm doing well this session and used one heat pass last session. Hoping to be close to bsl by Decembert.

maxineshaw

I am going to wash and deep condition my hair tomorrow. I will also take some pictures and posting them in my album so I can measure my growth. Will update tomorrow.

ETA: I waited too late to do my hair. Will have to take pictures tomorrow. I did dc my hair today.

Last edited:

winona

Still going strong :) I do search and destroys for ssks and split at least 1 every 2 weeks. No major trims lately. Getting kind of bored with my cornrow protective style so I am working on perfecting my twists. I think I found a winner:) I mixed 4 parts YTCucumbers, 2 parts FSG, and 1part JBCO. I ended up with shiny NONE greasy twist for the 2nd time using this mix. I sure cant wait until my hair grows more

beans4reezy

Still haven't broken any rules. I am going to take down my box braids and will update my fotki. I've had these in for three months- so I am hoping that was able to retain a lil sumthin' sumithin'.

gvin89

I am going to commit to the last 2 sessions (3 & 4) of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no "desserts" for 1 month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'm currently in braids and 16 weeks post. I plan to remain in braids for the rest of the year...I will maintain a weekly routine of shampooing & conditioning and moisturizing daily.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
June was pretty uneventful. Still have my box braids in and washed and conditioned them about once every 10 days. Same thing will probably happen this month. No passes used and no rules broken.

dr.j

Did not break any rules for session 2. :yay: Will be doing a length check hopefully in a week or 2. Initially signed up for only sessions 1 and 2 but may continue for the remaining sessions.

MsSonya

I hardly checked in for session 2, (family problems), but I did not break any rules. I relaxed after a 6mth stretch 7/3. I won't be able to take pics until end of this session. Continuing on with session 3....
I cowashed this morning with tressemme and wrapped will moisturize later tonite.
Off to read posts where I left off...:)

Hair2Here

It's been a while since I checked in....haven't broken any rules though. Been busy at work, travel and vacation. My overall hair is okay. Not please with my temples. They are thinning bad. I love my length. It's getting stronger too.

13StepsAhead

OMG! where did July go ( I guess work and school have taken over my life). Anywho I'm still in this sew-in which is a plus for me becuase I would have taken it down after wk 2. I definitely think I can go Until Sept, October might be pushing it a little bit past my weave comfort level.

winona

hey Ladies,

I am in cornrows that lead to rod set twists this week. I like PSing not neccessarily because it will get me to my goals but because it truly does fit into my busy lifestyle:)

panamoni

With my new weave, I'm back on the wagon (it's a curly weave), so no need for constant flatironing like the last one. Anyway, mostly air drying, trying to keep my braids moist, etc.

cch24

Still cowashing and wet bunning my life away. I don't think I'll join Bootcamp next year because the rules have just become a way of life. I will complete this year, however, because I big chopped and I hope to have some (mildly) inspiring pictures for people interested in joining next year.

13StepsAhead

Checking in: I took out that sew-in(lasted 4wks) and will be rocking my half-wig (yasmine) for August. I will still be cowashing 2x per week and sealing daily, I have also started incorporating Ayurveda and tea rinses into my regimen. HHG Ladies!

Katherina

It's been awhile so I'm checking in. I didn't make BSL by my July 1 length check. I used one emergency pass to straighten my hair this year for that length check. I have in box braids with my natural hair. I'd better be BSL by the end of the year because I'm only an inch away!

nakialovesshoes

Checking in. I hadn't flatironed since August of last year & I just couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to see my length. Weekend before last, I was at my mom's house. She had an offbrand flatiron & I just couldn't resist. I flatironed & wore my hair straight until this past Saturday.

It was nice to see progress but I've used my 1 pass for this session. I may have to eat the punishment (no sweets for 2 weeks, I think it is) b/c I want to get a BKT during this session as well. I'm less than 4 inches from WL but I haven't trimmed since August of last year so I don't know how much I'm going to lose when I do trim.

My goal is still to be able to claim MBL by September 24, 2010 - my b-day.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
July was uneventful. Had my braids and washed and moisturized. No rules broken.

Took the braids. out over the weekend (had some scalp problems and was afraid of a setback). Washed and DC'd yesterday and co washed this morning. Will do another DC tonight and put up twists as my PS.