2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

aa9746

No rules broken so far, my hair has been braided up for 5 weeks under a lacefront, and I've made it 1 year without heat this month!! hhg

lawyer2be371

Here is my pictures from session from April thru September 2009
I think I got about 3.5ish inches of new growth

Thru braids and weaves

I will not be straightening my hair for the rest of 2009 I will be in braids for the rest of the year at this time I only can measure my hair by the new growth

Because I dyed my hair in April 2009

failed attempt at shingles in april see fresh color no black...lol
so these pictures are from 10/01/2009 I got braided back up on 10/02/2009

Trying to measure.....lol

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I have used direct heat 3 times this year and I am a little ticked cause the last time I really didnt need to. Oh well, next year I hope to use it only 1 time.

Is there a 2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP starting anywhere? I really would like to join.

aa9746

Without extensions. I cornrow my hair around my head in a circle. The TWA is a little bigger now :lachen:, but I'm the only one seeing it :grin:.

No extensions just my hair. I'm ready to undo them to see if I've made any progress but I'm going to hold out a little longer.:yep:

aa9746

I have used direct heat 3 times this year and I am a little ticked cause the last time I really didnt need to. Oh well, next year I hope to use it only 1 time.

Is there a 2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP starting anywhere? I really would like to join.[/QUOTE]

Bump bump bump

Aggie

Is there a 2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP starting anywhere? I really would like to join.

I don't know if there is one or not but I think I'll skip this one this year and stick with the "Hide your hair" challenge instead, not sure yet though...:rolleyes:

newgrowth15

I am so ready for a relaxer......AARRGGHH!!!!!!

Hang in there for 4 more weeks when the challenge is over. You can do it Ms_B. :up:

I have seen incredible thickness in my hair since I started this challenge. I am anxious to see how much length I have retained over the course of this year.

Aspire

I joined BC in March or April and have only used direct heat once since then. I am very proud of myself and plan to keep with this regimen from now till the cows come home. Since joining BC, I have given away my curling irons, a flat iron, and a my dryer comb so I would not be tempted. So if I was to use heat, my hair would end up jacked anyway :grin:.

My hair LOVES the no heat regimen, and I plan to do this again next year. I went from ear to shoulder since April (with a lot of dusting) I will plan to get a serious trim at year-end and start over for 2010. My challenge for 2010 is to stop combing and brushing so much.

For me BC methods are truly the way to go for optimal hair - minimal heat, consistent end maintenance, and conditioning your hair.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am going to hang on, but its so hard with this finna be 22 wks hair.
Hang in there for 4 more weeks when the challenge is over. You can do it Ms_B. :up:

I have seen incredible thickness in my hair since I started this challenge. I am anxious to see how much length I have retained over the course of this year.

aa9746

Made it to week 7 with my braids. I'm starting to get tired of the wigs but I'll stick it out till Dec. hhg

MJ

Update:

I took my cornrows out after 13.5 weeks. I had some matting, but I'd expected that. I took my time with the detangling and didn't loose any extra hair. I shedded a lot more than what's normal (the bathroom sink was covered, about 1.5" deep. Crazy! I'm going to try a garlic powder treatment). I took some blurry pics, and I think that I may have finally reached full APL :). I'll take better pictures by this weekend.

ETA: The company that makes my wig went out of business. I haven't found any other style/brand that I like, so I'm thinking of trying weaves. I'm a bit sick of hiding my hair though. I'm hiding it because my focus is reaching my BSL goal, but, at the same time, I realize that I'm somewhat apprehensive about dealing with natural hair on a regular basis because of negative past experiences.

ETA (11/25): Here is a pic of the shedding I'd mentioned. I'm doing a garlic treatment right now, I hope it will help.

(The white stuff is conditioner.)

Last edited:

aa9746

Update:

I took my cornrows out after 13.5 weeks. I had some matting, but I'd expected that. I took my time with the detangling and didn't loose any extra hair. I shedded a lot more than what's normal (the bathroom sink was covered, about 1.5" deep. Crazy! I'm going to try a garlic powder treatment). I took some blurry pics, and I think that I may have finally reached full APL :). I'll take better pictures by this weekend.

ETA: The company that makes my wig went out of business. I haven't found any other style/brand that I like, so I'm thinking of trying weaves. I'm a bit sick of hiding my hair though. I'm hiding it because my focus is reaching my BSL goal, but, at the same time, I realize that I'm somewhat apprehensive about dealing with natural hair on a regular basis because of negative past experiences.

ETA (11/25): Here is a pic of the shedding I'd mentioned. I'm doing a garlic treatment right now, I hope it will help.

Wow, 13.5 weeks! Now you're making me want to go longer my braids have been in for 7 1/2 weeks. I'm trying to retain all my strands and it sounds like this is working for you:yep:.

MJ

Wow, 13.5 weeks! Now you're making me want to go longer my braids have been in for 7 1/2 weeks. I'm trying to retain all my strands and it sounds like this is working for you:yep:.

Thanks. I would do it again. The urge to relax/texlax has also passed :yep:.

lawyer2be371

Update:

I know thats not a lot of hair because I wear braids often but seeing it sitting there I want to pick it up and put it in my hair...lol! I cant wait to see your updated pics...In going on 8 weeks next week ...Im trying to go 12 weeks....but we will see new growth out of control

MJ

Thanks. I would do it again. The urge to relax/texlax has also passed :yep:.

I may have spoken too soon.

I blowdried my hair today and took progress pictures. My hair, for the most part, is the same length it was last December before I trimmed 1.5"-2.5." It looks as if I barely made it to armpit length, but the last 3" is very thin, thinner than a pencil. I don't understand, how can I have only gained 2"-3" inches in 12 months! I have a really good regimen. I even flat ironed that section to see if I'd made it to APL, but the straightened hair hovered between shoulder length and APL. It has been 3.5 years since my big chop and I haven't reached full APL. To say that I'm disappointed is to put it mildly.

At this point, I just want to wear my hair out. I've worn fake hair (kinky twists, then wigs) for 3 years trying retain length and health. I want to enjoy my hair even if it means relaxing it.

(I won't post the pictures because I'm too disappointed.)

Last edited:

Aggie

I may have spoken too soon.

I blowdried my hair today and took progress pictures. My hair, for the most part, is the same length it was last December before I trimmed 1.5"-2.5." It looks as if I barely made it to armpit length, but the last 3" is very thin, thinner than a pencil. I don't understand, how can I have only gained 2"-3" inches in 12 months! I have a really good regimen. I even flat ironed that section to see if I'd made it to APL, but the straightened hair hovered between shoulder length and APL. It has been 3.5 years since my big chop and I haven't reached full APL. To say that I'm disappointed is to put it mildly.

At this point, I just want to wear my hair out. I've worn fake hair (kinky twists, then wigs) for 3 years trying retain length and health. I want to enjoy my hair even if it means relaxing it.

(I won't post the pictures because I'm too disappointed.)

Wow, I feel your pain and disappointment MJ. Are you taking vitamins and exercising?

MJ

Wow, I feel your pain and disappointment MJ. Are you taking vitamins and exercising?

Thanks, Aggie. I walk a lot, but I have to hold off on doing more rigorous exercises due to medical reasons. I take a few supplements as well b-complex, flaxseed, biotin, etc.

lawyer2be371

Maybe you should post pics, or put them in your fotki if you have one I too am chasing APL and gets a little teed, I will be two years in February that will be the next length check, but I have low arm pits, and wide back so...I get in my chest a lot, but my hair is healthy ......

Aggie

Thanks, Aggie. I walk a lot, but I have to hold off on doing more rigorous exercises due to medical reasons. I take a few supplements as well b-complex, flaxseed, biotin, etc.

You are doing well with vitamins and I know it's a bit costly but maybe you could also try PhytoSpecific Cap'Energy hair and nails vitamins (these were made with ethnic hair in mind) and/or Nioxin Recharging Complex. Check out reviews on www.amazon.com.

Last edited:

Aggie

Maybe you should post pics, or put them in your fotki if you have one I too am chasing APL and gets a little teed, I will be two years in February that will be the next length check, but I have low arm pits, and wide back so...I get in my chest a lot, but my hair is healthy ......

I have low armpits too and it may take me a while to get there again since I'm transitioning to texlaxed hair. My hair is growing in fairly quickly though, thank God!

MJ

Thanks, Lawyertobe and Aggie. I've made my mind to just appreciate the length I've gotten and retained, but I want to enjoy my hair. I haven't been doing that. (I'm 5'10" with a long torso, by the way). I've also decided to texlax my hair. I made a supply list last night, and took two buses to the Sally's store today... I miss wearing buns, lol. This will be my third round with hair chemicals in the last 10 years. It is possible that two years from now I'll want to transition again, but then maybe not. I haven't given up on my dream though; I will have healthy BSL hair.

Aggie

Thanks, Lawyertobe and Aggie. I've made my mind to just appreciate the length I've gotten and retained, but I want to enjoy my hair. I haven't been doing that. (I'm 5'10" with a long torso, by the way). I've also decided to texlax my hair. I made a supply list last night, and took two buses to the Sally's store today... I miss wearing buns, lol. This will be my third round with hair chemicals in the last 10 years. It is possible that two years from now I'll want to transition again, but then maybe not. I haven't given up on my dream though; I will have healthy BSL hair.

You're welcomed MJ and good luck on your hair journey no matter what you decide to do.

*KP*

I thought I'd be full BSL by now *sigh*

I am sooo close, I have a few strands grazing BSL. I'm at 7 weeks post right now but I'm going to get a weave next week to take me into the new year so I won't be doing my reveal until maybe the end of Jan or so.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
When I last DC my hair I realized that I am APL, but IDK if that will last cause I need a trim/dust (havent had one since June).
I dont know if I wanna hold on to it or go ahead and dust, im scared.
I wore my hair in a bun yesterday and was in the bathroom fixing and my friend walked by and said dang your hair has grown a lot.
I cant wait to see it straight.

aa9746

When I last DC my hair I realized that I am APL, but IDK if that will last cause I need a trim/dust (havent had one since June).
I dont know if I wanna hold on to it or go ahead and dust, im scared.
I wore my hair in a bun yesterday and was in the bathroom fixing and my friend walked by and said dang your hair has grown a lot.
I cant wait to see it straight.

I avoided dusting for almost a year. I'm new to caring for my hair and have recently discovered that dusting is helping me to retain and to get more length. I dusted very very lightly 8 weeks ago and again yesterday when I saw that my hair got longer. And, recently i watched a video tracee made on how she trims her hair and it makes a lot of sense. I had to modify the technique for me because my hair isn't straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3C0ndGIZpg

TriniStarr

Yes ladies we are almost at the end of this WONDERFUL challage! I can not wait to see EVERYONES results! I hope you ladies are ready for BOOTCAMP 2010! Full WL, here we can for 2010! See you ladies at posting time!!!!

Regards,
Trinistarr