2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

baddison

natural for good
Yup....we're on our last lap here. Its been a real learning experience for me....to say the least. The hardest lesson - PATIENCE....!! :wallbash:

RosesBlack

I'm going to use my first heat pass of the year on Saturday I have a party to go to and I want some big awesome hair.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
OMG, I cant wait until 12/15/09. I will be at the beauty shop getting a relaxer, dust, and rollerset. I miss my hair I will be 26 weeks and 5 days LOL.

RosesBlack

Ooo....please be sure to upload pics!!! :yep:

Sadly my plan for big hair was canceled due to wind and rain. Instead I did a fake saran treatment and did a kind of semi retro chignon type thing. It was hot though, my hair was so shiny when I left the house. So I take back using my heat pass LOL.

aa9746

How are you ladies doing?

I've kept my hair braided up for 4 weeks under a wig and I'm going to see how long i can keep them in. One of my Fotki friends keep hers braided for 8 weeks and her hair is pretty long so I'm thinking about trying to go at least 6 weeks.

Aggie

Still doing well Ms_b_haven. I still haven't used any passes this session and most likely won't for a while yet. I don't know what's gonna happen in December yet though.

MJ

Checking in.

I've had these cornrows in for 9 weeks now, so my hair looks like a TWA under my wig :lachen:. I am DETERMINED...

melodies815

This is amazing. I have been in Bootcamp all year. I did BC (which I was told did not disqualify me since I was starting over with no chemicals) in March. I used heat once in September. I dusted once in September

Other than those three items, I have not broken the rules. The BC did not count as a broken rule, and the heat was my first pass used for the purpose of length checking...and dusting doesn't break a rule either.

It does not feel like I have been doing this a whole year...but my hair is definitely in a better place than it would have been if I had not followed these rules at all. It's not a struggle to keep the rules.

Thanks for having this challenge. I can't wait to get to the end and mark my progress.

HHG to everyone!!! Congrats to us all for nearly completing 2009 Bootcamp.

cj

baddison

natural for good
I am so grateful for this challenge. I can't believer we have just over 8 weeks left 'til the end of 2009. I applaud us all for sticking to this boot camp. Looking forward to what 2010 has in store for our hair!! :dance7:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I just finished taking my braids down, and please yall remind me not to get them again.
I asked my mom does she think I will make APL by Dec09 and that lady told me no. Forget her!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
No rules broken. I haven't used direct heat since July 1st. My hair hasn't been cut or trimmed since starting this HHJ. I'm good. Can't remember the other rules at this point. If it's protective styles, that's all I do.

beans4reezy

Still in wigs. No direct heat (although I did use a heat pass for the quarter), no cutting, and I am keeping up with my regimen. Can't wait to see the results of a full year of boot camp.

I am so grateful for this challenge. I can't believer we have just over 8 weeks left 'til the end of 2009. I applaud us all for sticking to this boot camp. Looking forward to what 2010 has in store for our hair!! :dance7:

When does the next bootcamp start? I'd like to finally take part in a boot camp challenge! :look: Is there a way for me to put my name down in advance for it?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
^^^I wanna keep going for next year my goal is BSL-MBL. I have been doing really good in this challange.

Aggie

Checking in: No rules broken yet for this session but it's getting hard to resist cutting it. I need a hair cut so bad so Imay save it for either at the end of this month or mid December.