2010 LHCF BOOTCAMP CHALLENGE

cherxy777

I am going to commit to session 4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no meat for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

No heat (flat iron or dryer).
No trim after next relaxer, so conserve ends.
Only no manipulation, protective styles.
Moisturize every night and wrap.

Last edited:

aa9746

Checking in: 1 heat pass used for session 1, 1 heat pass for session 2, no rules broken so far in session 3

winona

Checking in. NO rules broken. I have been dcing more often and my hair is loving it. I will continue to do this throughout the winter:)

sweetpeadee

Been going strong with my twists! Took the ones from May out in late June and retwisted mid July (it has been a while since I updated). This past Wednesday I took out those, washed conditioned and wore out for a couple of days. I put new twists in last night. This week I also bought some of the Organic Root Stimulator Fertilizing Serum. I'm hoping to get an inch a month (4 inches by December).

As far as progress, with having cut hair (purposefully and accidentally in other stages) I am pretty much back where I started as far as length goes. This makes me both happy and upset. It was about an inch past my shoulders (after being cut) but now its back to an inch above APL (in about 2 months)!!! There's still plenty of damage, but 4 inches will allow mw to cut that off without a hitch!

Uber

Just giving a little update. Did a length check today as I took my hair out of my bun and it seems like my hair has gone from CBL to just on my "girls" when I pull some strands forward, if you know what I mean. I can't pull my hair towards my back without help.

For some reason I can't take it in and am almost not able to believe it has grown that much. My afro is fuller. But I am thinking maybe I haven't checked properly. Anyway that may make me APL (hopefully) but I am gonna do a proper length check Dec 31st down my back :grin: Looking forward to it :spinning:

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
No rules broken last month, but my hair is making me feel really depressed. I did all the "good" things to my hair and body this year, but I still feel my hair progress is minimal at best. I've known for quite a while that my hair grows slow, but this is ridiculous. My mini braids look the exact same length they did last year. I may be counting my eggs before they hatch I admit, but still, my hair is on some other stuff right now.

I will definitely finish out bootcamp though.

nakialovesshoes

Though I was adhering to the rules of Bootcamp; but, b/c I was stretching my curl touch-ups, I suffered a setback. Now I'm growing my curl out & straightening every other week to avoid any more breakage @ the demarcation line.

I'm going to withdraw from this challenge for now. Maybe I can start back in January. I plan to get braids in October after my class reunion & I'm going to try & keep getting them redone for a 6 month period. I did see MBL briefly but had to trim back to above my bra strap due to the damage. Good luck to all of you ladies.

SimplyLeesh

I am going to commit to session 4 of LHCF Bootcamp starting October 1st. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no carbs for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!! My starting pic is my avatar!

Teacher2Be

I am going to commit to 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no McDonalds for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ConstantlyDynamic

oh yeahhh i forgot i was in this. umm i violated the rule about protective styles because i stay in puffs. idk how to do anything else and i don't have time to style. maybe i'll get braids in october (shrugs) so i failed the challenge. my bad

Hair2Here

I have done pretty well in this challenge since it started. My regimen has changed a little but I have been committeed to the rules of the challenge. It's been a while since I posted or provided an updated.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I am going to commit to session 4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be an extra workout day. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

My starting pic is in my siggy and I plan to wig it up through the winter months and do the "Deep moisture" method trademarked by LadyPaniolo. That is all.

gvin89

Session 3 is almost over...no rules broken. I'll be taking the braids out next week, but will still wear protective styles.

DesignerCurls

I am going to commit to 4th session of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no meat for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

eta: Starting picture in sig (end of Aug)

Last edited:

PookaMendoza

I know I'm a week late , but I was on vacation and couldn't post :( ...

I am going to commit to the 4th and final session of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be to work out two extra days a week for two weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Last edited:

sweetpeadee

Twists again...bored with them, but after I took the last ones out I noticed a good amount of growth! This will be the last time I have twists in before I straighten my hair in November!

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I have to completely drop out of bootcamp. The protective style I choose for the last session ended up causing a major setback.

But good luck to the rest of you ladies.

Pooks

I've been away from the board for a while hence the lack of check ins. I've been consistently protective styling though. Lemme go check the rules to make sure I haven't done anything else dodgy...

ETA: Whew, I'm all good. My hair is doing very well. Go Team Bootcamp!

Last edited:

winona

Still hanging strong no rules broken:) I noticed my hair is much healthier since beginning this challenge

aa9746

No rules broken for last session. I'm so ready for December to get here so I can do a length check.:grin: hhj, hhg