2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

Barbie83

I'm in! :yay:

I'm in the Weave it Up challenge thru december, hoping to make BSL :yep:

I'll be bunning for a week between installs

NikkiQ

I love the LF's :)

I am done purchasing any new ones until maybe Black Friday/Christmas for next year's stock :lachen:

I love the 2 that I have. I wear them every chance I get. I've worn my straight style so much that it may be time for a new one. The ends are starting to get a little kinky and so not hot.:nono:

JJamiah

I love the 2 that I have. I wear them every chance I get. I've worn my straight style so much that it may be time for a new one. The ends are starting to get a little kinky and so not hot.:nono:

Yeah, my first Elise was getting kinky at the ends and I tried to revive it :nono: on my second attempt LOL

It's all good, as long as you got good use out of them. That is why I ventured off into Human Hair right about now, I am still wearing my Synthetics but I want to flat Iron and play with the hair LOL

Blessed2bless

Please count in! I'm in braids as of the 11th of July. I was HMH until October. however, Dec. is fine... I'll need to find a lace front for the rest of the time.

IWantCurlyHair

I would love to join. This will be my very first challenge :bouncegre Im currently in tree braids until Oct and after that Ill probably install a sew-in

NikkiQ

Yeah, my first Elise was getting kinky at the ends and I tried to revive it :nono: on my second attempt LOL

It's all good, as long as you got good use out of them. That is why I ventured off into Human Hair right about now, I am still wearing my Synthetics but I want to flat Iron and play with the hair LOL

I get the urge to try a braid out on old ones I have just to see what it'll do! :lachen:

JJamiah

^^^ I tried to do the hot water method and guess what it didn't work out LOL, maybe if I would have braided it first. Oh well!

grow

i am so into doing this challenge!

so glad to see all of you regulars, too because i completely loved the reveal pertaining to the beginning of this year!

i am loving my wet baggy buns, and they really did alot to help my hair to grow and retain, so this thread is just the push i need to keep it up until december 31st.!

(don't know what i'll do the week of Christmas and New Years....i might need a few extra passes...lol!)

hhj ladies!

Avaya

I thanked the OP's post to signify my participation in this challenge :).

Right now my hair is in plaits underneath a tam. I have this wacky braid idea that I am going to try this weekend. I hope I am successful :pray:

polished07

I'm in I'll post my current pic when I get my new laptop next week! I will be wearing partial/full sew ins and rollersets for the most part! I need a good 6 months of hiding for growth and retention :)

B3e

Will post pic when my braids come down but I'm so in!! Ill be doing this anyways, so being a part of the challenge will be quite natural.

tonia682

I am transitioning and this will be perfect to keep me accountable. I will be doing wigs, rod sets, twist outs...etc

OsnapCnapp!

I think God may be trying to tell me something. I was supposed to get my sew-in installed today....but the girl didn't make it. She got in an accident with her baby in the car (They're ok thank God!) and she has to deal with the legal woes of it all. The last time I tried to get a sew-in installed my bf called me saying our dog, Seven, "looked dead". :perplexed I went back to the house and saw him dead. I lost my head that day.....anyway! I don't think its meant for me to get a sew-in! But Im not doing braids and nothing else looks right so Im at a loss right now....:sad::sad::sad:

But whatever may happen, Im doing this challenge!!!!!
:spinning:

NikkiQ

LOL, yes he is quick to tell me when I am wasting money, pulling things out of the trash, I am on the green tip and he is there to keep mommy in her place. LOL :lachen:

Its good to have someone there to keep you on track. My SO just says "whatever makes you happy babe" :look:

Ms_CoCo37

Here are just a few of my protective styles:

This is a simple one that I did this past weekend:

I love wearing twists as well:

My Puff:

My Bun:

My Updo:

Ms_CoCo37

I am a new to the forum and soaking in all the new information! I know I have no pictures or anything at the time, but I was planning on doing a similar challenge (on my own), but I think if I actually start with people, I will have the strength and encouragement to not give in, therefore I would love to join the challenge, how do I join?

Hi Kaytee! Just go to the first post and select the Thanks button to add your name to the list.

BTW, :welcome: